Corny Commercials You Love (Or Hate)

When I first saw those Burger King commercials I thought they were really creepy.

But my favorite commercial would have to be the Sprint/Nextel one. The one where the guys are dancing to Salt n Pepa. I know its kinda old already but it still love it.

Even bad commercials are successful when people are still mentioning the product months or years later.

Speaking of Bugger King, I noticed the latest one is for a sandwich they copied from McD's. What is that old expression? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery? Some people call it plagarism, trademark infringement, copycat...

At least a cell phone company does cut down on the "Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now? ..."

i LOVE the raisin bran crunch commerical where the exec is eating it and his boss comes in with another guy and i cant remember if he fires him or what, but he gives the guy a death ray and the dude eating the cereal just flashes a peace sign! :lol:

The one I hate, but it's the funniest thing in the world is the commercial for the Flame Thower Burger from DQ. It's the one where the guy takes a bite out of the burger and ends up starting his office on fire. It's the one of the more stupid commercials I have seen this year, but it's the funniest.

I still remember the Taco Bell dog from the late 90's, those were corny but they were catchy and they were good.
:)

CSIFAN1985

Dynamo1 said:
At least a cell phone company does cut down on the "Can you hear me now? Can you hear me now? ..."

And which cell phone company would you be referring to? ;)

I agree, their new "network" commercials are much less annoying. I like the one with the mobsters :D

ETA: Speaking of cell phone commercials, I like the new Cingular ones where they're talking about dropped calls. Especially the one with the chef with the big knife :eek:

There was this one advert in the UK for the crazy frog ringtone, now any of you in the UK will know exactly what advert I'm talking about. :lol: I wanted to Kill that frog! :eek: It was the worst advert I have ever in my entire life had this misfortune of witnessing. The advert itself wasn't really as painful as the song or ringtone that would play during the advert (the song was later released as a CD single *cries*).

Long time board members won't forget that the biker frog ringtone was on a side banner ad here for a long long LONG time.

Argh, that darn crazy frog drove me nuts too Tink! :eek: I swear I came up with about a hundred ways to kill that frog :mad:

As for the advert that was on this site (which, as Dynamo pointed out, was a VERY long time), I never forget those days when I would be browsing the board and I'd get the fright of my life when suddenly the Crazy Frog tune would be blaring out the speakers at me all because I accidently clicked on the advert :eek: :lol:

I hate the Bowflex one with the woman who's like "Yes! I AM a 50 year old Grandma!"

Gawd. When I hear Grandma, I think warm, fuzzy plump woman who smothers you with love. Not a woman who looks better than you in a bikini.

CSIFAN1985 said:
The one I hate, but it's the funniest thing in the world is the commercial for the Flame Thower Burger from DQ. It's the one where the guy takes a bite out of the burger and ends up starting his office on fire. It's the one of the more stupid commercials I have seen this year, but it's the funniest.

CSIFAN1985

I still laugh every time I see it. I am smiling just thinking about it. :lol:

i love the flame thrower one! i laugh so hard.
i forget what beer brand its for, but the one with the 'magic beer fridge' now thats good. hmmm, so many commercials i see every day and i cant think of more off the top of my head!

all the infomercial commercials i could do without. if i never saw the oxyclean man again i would be a happy camper

allmaple, you have to spell OXYCLEAN in all caps. Remember, all capital letters indicate shouting and that is what he always does. If he ever checks into the hotel I work at, I intend to shout at him and see if he likes it.

I remember a cute commercial where a pet dog eats some snack on the kitchen counter and then puts the cat on the counter to take the blame.

I think the Dairy Queen commercial for the new Blizzard is hilarious! Its the one where the pregnant lady daydreams that her husband is the one having the baby! :lol: And the husband dreams that she has a boy.

Back