"Cockroaches" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 30, 2007.

1. doodoo23

doodoo23 Victim

This episode was awesome. All you Jorja Fans -- quit saying how bad the episodes are just because she's not in them anymore. That was her decision to leave. Don't put the other players on the show because of it. Gary did a great job. So did William Petersen. George Eads. All of them.

It's different because they used a different director. A Oscar winner. The same guy who put Grissom on the map twenty something years ago. That was the whole point. For it to be different. CSI is allowed to be different after eight seasons. Petersen said he loved working on this ep and working with the director in articles I read this week.

Please. Judge the episodes from now on on the episodes. Not who's in them or NOT in them.

Some people hated You Kill Me with a passion because it was just the lab techs. That's hating something for the wrong reasons. It wasn't that bad.
    A lot of people said they hated Fannysmaking because Britney Spears ex was in it.That's also stupid cause the ep rocked. Others hated Built To Kill cause danny boniduce was in it. Who cares. As long as the episode as a whole was entertaining. And most of the time, CSI is.

2. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I LOVED IT! And I agree with many many of the above comments, but I am exhausted.
    Nick looked like he was going to cry, the confrontation and the trip scene were awesome, as was most of it. Warrick does need that strictness, it is the only thing that helps sometimes, and I am proud of Gris that he had the guts. I wouldn't have had them.

3. loki

loki Lab Technician

I didn't really like this episode. It felt too... distant from CSI. "Disconnected" using Warrick's word. That was probably the idea of it, and I commend them for making it a little different to fit the mood, but I didn't particularly like it.

I missed Hodges, too :lol:

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I loved this episode-very well done. Great acting from Gary, Petersen and George. I want Friedken(sp?) back for more.

5. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

When I say "It's just not CSI anymore." I mean, as a whole, not just this episode; but for like the last season or two. The team has been breaking apart, even before Sara left [which, might I add, it's such a breath of fresh air to not be subjected to her scowling face any longer] even Warrick's noticed it.

It was a good Warrick-centric episode. It was nice to see him be the center for once, being as you barely see him anymore. We were beginning to think 'Warrick who?' I just hope this isn't the start of his end.

I have this inkling feeling we're being exposed to the labrats more often for a strategic reason.

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I think I was a little disappointed with the overall episode as well. Although there were a couple of interesting scenes, I just wasn't overly impressed. Glad to have seen Warrick, but personally, I don't think this arc worked as well as it sounded or as hoped....but like I said, personal opinion.

I thought the scene between Warrick and Nick was "too" rehearsed. I was expecting a little more conflict between the two, and not what we seen.

I would comment more, but at this moment I am to tired. I give this eppy roughly about a 6/10...

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well I admit I miss seeing more processing scenes and stuff like that. I do wish they would get back to more of that in the episodes. They are being too much like cops lately and not CSI's.

8. loki

loki Lab Technician

I was thinking that too. It didn't seem very real. I mean, they've been best friends forever, and I don't think the scene did that justice. It was too... generic.

9. GunsNRoses259

GunsNRoses259 CSI Level One

I agree about the beginging of the episode, I was like "man is this CSI I loved the opeing. Warrick is in alot of trouble, oh no! Loved Greg scence. Loved seeing him fire a gun and hearing about his book once again. Overall I would give this an 8.5/10

10. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

To be honest, I don't even realize Sara is gone until they keep bringing her up. She is gone, why must they mention her every episode for the sake of just throwing her name out there??

11. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

This episode wasn't bad and wasn't good...it was different.

I agree with most comments...here's some observations:
    No lab rats processing evidence?
    CSIs weren't wearing their black vests...
    Where does Catherine go after the first 15 minutes of a case?
    Grissom was in the field...not one scene of him sitting at a desk (ok he was leaning on the desk).
    Where's Bobby?
    Aunt Zelda (Beth Broderick from "Sabrina the Teenage Witch") looks old and had a weird accent.

I guess I'm just waiting until next week. Maybe watching the two episodes together will make more sense. I'm assuming the very hairy fat mob guy drugged Warrick's drink to setup him up for the murder?

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Yeah, that was the most noticeable thing for me...the team falling apart. Its been that way since 'way to go'. Grissom's head has been in the clouds for the past year, no wonder Warrick is so messed up, without him noticing. I would have preferred the character stuff over more time as well. But it was nice to see lots of Warrick again. I do want CSI to be like CSI again, though. Unfortunately GSR has open the unholy flood gates of personal storylines on CSI...

One thing i liked about this as well, it felt more adult. CSI has been kind of kiddy for a bit, like they were trying to appeal to 14 year old girls. Liked the adult themes in this one. I am not surprised people didn't like the trippy stuff, or the feel to this eppy, its a different style to the show. I like crazy messed up stuff like this, so i didn't mind!

I find it funny that some GSR fans stopped watching the show because the storyline is over. They were the same ones who were arguing with me that 'its only a small part of the show'. It its such a small part of the show, why stop watching? :lol: Ahhhh...they just proved my point!

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Where was Sara mentioned? I missed it
    Like Cath's hair now
    I agree CSIs acting a bit too cop-like, want more science back
    I kept saying all the way through "that NOOOOO moment is gonna be the last scene of the show" and I was right. PS Why can't they just say "part 1 of 2"?
    Shirtless Warrick not bad on the eyes <g>
    I wish they'd have toned down the strobing a bit. I know it was a club...I don't know if it's just me or what but I can't stand it, I have to look away or close my eyes. (sometime I wonder if it's an autism thing, I have a mild form...hard to say)
    lol at Sandersidle...I'll spank him if you like <g> *gives Warrick a thorough spanking*

eh I'll say a solid B thus far(I know we only letter grade on NY but I use 'em here anyway)...I hope the end is good too.

14. Zodiac32

Zodiac32 Rookie

So that was the woman who played Aunt Zelda? The whole time my sister was telling me it was and I was like "No, it's not!" :lol: Don't I feel silly?

15. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

I believe warrick mentioned it too grissom when he was processing the truck.

Hot stuff! they need to do a 'men of CSI' photoshoot...with G-strings :devil:

they needed a warning for people with epilepsy on this one. I do know that its typical for people with aspergers to be extra sensitive to sounds and lights. :p

Its amazing how accurate strip clubs are in movies though. I went to a ghetto one recently with my friends (don't ask :lol:) It is pretty much like that, except the one i went too was really low class...i could believe the outfits! They were dressed like hookers!