"Cockroaches" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, December 06, 2007
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#809) "Cockroaches"

A mob wife who is in the witness protection program. Her husband was killed 24 years ago and the feds allow her and her son to stay in Vegas, believing they would be safer there. But her son is not so lucky
    - As the team investigates an underground mob. Warrick ends up becoming the prime suspect in a murder that's related to the mob, and his addiction to pills starts to have a significant impact his job as a CSI.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    Hodges: Wallace Langham

RECURRING:
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Archie Johnson: Archie Kao

GUEST CAST:
    Joanna "Candy" Krumsky: Rebecca Budig
    Undersheriff: McKeen Conor O'Farrell
    Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
    Belinda/Linda: Beth Broderick
    Jamal Watkins: Reginald Noble
    Fez Miller: Harold "House" Moore
    Lou Gedda: John Capodice
    Michael Raykirk: Rick Hoffman
    Cocktail Waitress: Christina Cindrich
    Homeless Guy: Dennis Christopher
    Drunk Driver: Jeremy Radin
    Backseat Passenger: Shannon McKain
    Jason Crewes: Jason Lopez
    Front Seat Passenger: Nathan Frizzell

WRITTEN BY: Dustin Lee Abraham
    DIRECTED BY: William Friedkin
    - Who reunites with William Petersen for the first time since filming "To Live And Die In LA"

LINKS:
    Thanks To "The Futon Critic"
    CSI Files News "'CSI' Takes Out The Trash In 'Cockroaches'

2. mana

mana Dead on Arrival

3. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

4. hodges_alias_47

hodges_alias_47 Police Officer

Wow intense promo!

5. Veze

Veze Rookie

That's the kind of thing that'll probably make me cry. Not some sappy romance but this... A troubled man in a downhill turnmoil facing some extreme consequences.

I'm pretty sure i'll cry next thursday. It look so intense.

6. lostladyknight

lostladyknight Pathologist

Oh goodness. I'm not ready. I'm just not ready.

Why does it have to be Warrick? My Warrick? My favorite character for the past 7 or 8 years. This is just too hard for me. I'm just sooo not ready. I'm trying to remain calm and optomistic, but that's just really hard for me. I mean, this could be so very bad for him. I was calm, collected, and willing to hold on to hope with Sara this sumemr though, so I guess I can do it. Warrick is going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay. Right? I'm so going to cry. I'm going to ball. I'm probably going to break down into sobs.

I just hope that this isn't the end of YoBling as we know it. That would be terrible.

But since my birthday is four days after the air of the episode... it has to be okay. They're going to give me something to smile about.

They have to, right?

7. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

I don't really care about the Yobling but if they drag Rick's character in the dirt - I will be done with CSI. This is the crossroads ep for me - destroy the character and I'm gone.

I hope Nick's there for his bro - I hope Nick tears Griss a new one while he's at it. :mad:

Congrats! ;)

8. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

They finally get William Friedkin to direct an episode...I hope it lives up to the billing and that they don't waste the opportunity. The show is going to have to be so much more, and hopefully centered around the crime, and not around Warrick and his angst.

9. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Well the director ca only work with what the writers ar handing hi and I am not so sure these are capable of writing a good crime-story any longer. The sleeping with an ill-reputed woman has already been done once so I fear it's just or re-hashing of old stories. Just with an other character and some other circumstances.

The fact is that a very similar story has already been told once. But I'm hoping it will pan out and be good.

10. MrsWillows

MrsWillows Rookie

oh dear! that's shocking! Im just really glad Warrick's back with a storyline, even this isnt a nice way to bring him on the map.

11. CSI247

CSI247 Hit and Run

At first I was worried that this would end up being too similar to Nick's thing with Kristy, but seeing the promo I don't think it will be. Yes, it still involves a stripper/hooker and one of the CSIs, but this girl falls into the category of Warrick's collapse, whereas with Nick she was just a girl that he liked. This episode is about Warrick's issues and she's part of that, so I'm not worried about repeated plotlines. The promo was good, Warrick seems to be getting into a lot of crap this week, I'm excited, it's about time he has a storyline of his own. Also, the chase scene with the garbage truck looks really cool.

12. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

I agree with CSI247 that after seeing the preview I'm no longer worried that it will be a repeat of the Nick/Kristy thing, but now I have something else to be worried about.

They'd been doing such a nice, steady build up to this, and it seems, from that preview, that now they're just gonna open the flood gates, and it'll all come crashing down at once. It seems like it'll be a Warrickcentric ep and ONCE AGAIN not focus as much on the forensics. So right now, I'm not expecting much, but I'm open to being surprised. We'll see what happens next Thursday.

13. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Agreed with CSI and Libertybell. Doesn't seem like a Nick storyplot ripoff.

Finally, a Warrickcentric ep, which we haven't had since forever. Yay. Thanks for the promos, guys. :D

14. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

15. Toots

Toots Pathologist

This whole thing with Warrick came on so sudden. One moment he's fine and dandy, and the next thing we know he's popping pills and his behavior is totally altered. Just that quick. Very odd.

I hope he doesn't pick on Greg while he's in a drug induced haze.