"Cockroaches" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I kind of laughed. Sorry, but you're right. It was kind of weird. :)

Dennis Christopher as the "homeless guy"! First there is Wil Wheaton as a homeless guy and now DC. Is that some kind of running "do you remember this actor/homeless guy" part in the show? ;)

2. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the "NOOO!" is a little weird.

Don't get me wrong, if they do it with the right atmosphere, it could be quite moving, but there are a lot of ways they could screw it up and have it look laughable or cheesy.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see! :)

3. Veze

Veze Rookie

Even if Warrick have stop gambling in the past. You're never really cured of an addiction and relapse are so current.

And for the pills addiction, it's about the same. You start taking them and you feel better so you continue to take them more and more and more and by the time you realised something's wrong with it, it's too late.

IMAO Warrick is just trying to numb himself a bit because he's hurting about the divorce and all and he'll realised too late how far and deep he was. Like so many sad stories in real life.

For Greg continuity about is behaviour... let's say we never ever explore again Nick's deception in Redrum... and he was supposed to be unable to let go so... Wishfull thinking maybe?

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Took me a few days before getting the time to see the promos but WOW! This is gonna be a super intense episode. I can't wait! Great to see Nick getting in Warrick's face about this pill problem. Shows he's concern for his friend and co-worker.

5. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

Hey, I just remembered that early on there was talk of Nick/Warrick tension, so I bet this is it!

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I can't wait to see this episode next Thursday night. Nick and Warrick get in each other face, they were tension. I hope Warrick didn't hurt Nick bad and he better not take his anger out on Greg either.

7. Tal_Celes

Tal_Celes Victim

Wow can't wait for this episode :)

8. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

I can definitely see Nick confronting Warrick about the situation, and a line along the lines of "I miss my friend." I also see a real breakdown for warrick later on. That's going to be really painful.

OK, I don't mean to insult the writers on the show (seeing as how I like to write myself), but usually I don't think the writing on CSI lately has been very substantial. And to think, when this show started, it was all about science. Sometimes, I think we have to get back to that. However, I think this will be a very good episode.

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

the writing for 'you kill me' was excellent i found. But ever since 'Way to Go', its been mostly OMGDRAMA!!11!! writing style...ulg. Its like they inherited a writer or two from grays anatomy

10. doodoo23

doodoo23 Victim

Can't have science all the time. Can't have drama all the time. I funny all the time. I think the writer's do a good job of mixing it up for a season eight show.

11. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

Season 8's mixing of the two is better than Season 7, I have to admit.

Psyched for this ep.

12. LibertyBell

LibertyBell Police Officer

Because we rock. :) Kidding. Because they don't always give us a preview, and so when they finally decide to get off their large bums and make one for us it has to be good so we don't pelt them with raw tomatoes. ;)

Regarding the whole drama vs science thing, I do think that in the early years it was science first and the character quirks were added in later, which was how I liked it. It's how it became the number one show. Now it's changed and we're getting more drama, and I do realize that as a show progresses you kind of have to do that, but when you lose the original purpose of the show is where I draw the line. But that's just my view on it.

Somebody said the Warrick thing is gonna be resolved in two episodes. Seriously? I'm sorry, but I don't see the point then. If you're going to have a dramatic, character-driven, storyline it can't be a revolving door, you have to draw it out a bit. :rolleyes:

13. Skell

Skell Rookie

Drama with science, I think there can be a good balance found between the two. I agree, though, with the most recent episodes being mainly drama. But I also think that maybe it seems like there is more drama than there is science, when it's the other way around... only because of what we choose to remember. You know? There's plenty of science in the episodes, it's just the amount of drama has been increasing and becoming more noticeable, so it makes a greater impression. Hope I'm making sense...

Warrick's issue can't be resolved in two episodes... maybe as the main focus it will be two episodes, and fragments will be put in later episodes...?

14. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I like how you put that, Skell. It mostly depends on what we choose to remember. Nice.

Kinda pissed that Warrick's plotline is only 2 eps long. Grrr. Continuity, as I've said before, is not the writer's forte, apparently

15. Skell

Skell Rookie

Why thank you Purelovejoy. :3 I did make sense! Haha, yay.
    Because I bet if we recorded an episode and separate the drama from the science, there would probably be more science [and I mean separate in minutes and such...]

But a lot can happen in two episodes... I'm really looking forward to this week's episode! :D