"Cockroaches" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 30, 2007.

1. doodoo23

doodoo23 Victim

I got on this site as a long time William Freidkin fan. I wanted to see what CSI fans thought about the episode. Then I saw that it was being judged in stupid ways. I personally thought it was the best CSI I have ever seen. Although I haven't seen them all. I saw the Tarantino one and like this a lot better.

The episode was directed by a oscar winner. To say that the best thing about it was Greg and David is ridiculous. It means that people aren't judging by the episode just the people they like to see in it. Which isn' t a way to critique.

Friedkin said in articles that he wanted to do his own thing. If you don't like the Exorcist or the French Connection you probably won't like the episode. But some people here probably don't like Exorcist or French Connection because Greg and David aren't in them.

2. byline

byline CSI Level One

I really liked this episode. It was a breath of fresh air, and it was high time Warrick was finally featured. I felt like Grissom was very much the mentor Grissom from the first season; he was angry with Warrick because he knows how much potential Warrick has, yet he knows how close Warrick is to blowing it.

It's unfortunate that so little time has been spent on Warrick's five-minute marriage (or, at least, that's how short it seemed to me). It was almost like the powers-that-be decided he needed to get married, then suddenly decided that was a bad idea and wrote it out. Very strange. But at least it provides some impetus for why Warrick has sunk to the depths he has. It puts his parting comment to Sara in an interesting light. He was so wrapped up in his own little world that he didn't know what she was going through (and, by the same token, she didn't know what was going on with him), but he said she'd be fine, he knew he didn't need to worry about her. Which maybe speaks volumes about him needing to be worried about.

I thought the scene between him and Nick was wonderful. So much emotion with so few words. That really rang true.

Yes, Catherine practically disappeared after about the first 15 minutes or so. But I have to wonder if that's to make more time for her next week. It would be make a lot of sense if she and Warrick had a few things to say to one another.

The scene at the end was so surreal, yet seemed so real in its portrayal of a drug-induced state seguing into shock. Yes, this episode felt different from the usual "CSI" episode. But, then, so did "Grave Danger." It felt good to shake things up a bit, and I liked it. I can't wait to see how this is resolved next week.

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

I also noticed how they showed the blood going from wet/red to dry/dark brown around the garbage truck-driver's head. For once, we got some realism on that aspect.

As for Warrick's comment about Sara, I really don't think that was meant to imply that Warrick and Sara were close. I think it's more a matter of Warrick realizing that the team is changing. The team, as a whole, has been his family, Now the family is breaking apart, just as what he hoped would be his real-life family is breaking apart. He could probably handle one or the other, but both at the same time? That's why it's taken such a toll on him.

4. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

Loved the ep.....

Only one thing bothered me and that was the amount of strobe...far too much for my liking. I'm epileptic but fortunately not photo-sensitive but it still made me feel kinda queasy.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree with NicknGrisom and byline this ep. was outstanding, exciting throughout, and Warrick has been addictive in the past, the gambling :rolleyes:and the whole story was fast paced and riveting, and all of them in one way or another has had hugh issues, your try doing this job with all the horror and gruesome crap they endure, and not let it affect you, and if Cath was gone, or one of the other CSI's they'd all being bringing that CSI person up, & remembering her, and Jorja is returning, soon... you don't work and care about someone for almost 8 years, and just forget them :confused: they loved her, and miss her, like they would any other one of their team. Greg was a bit serious last night, but he's still got his quirky moments, this ep. was about Warrrick & we don't know the inner workings of his thinking, or what set him off, a number of things possibly. He was sensational ;)DYNAMITE

6. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

I always thought the purpose of the drive-through marriage was to put Yobling on ice to make way for the GSR extravaganza. Now that the sorry, sodden parade has finally passed, Warrick can be set free again. Perhaps he and Cath will have a serious heart-to-heart next episode. The soap-sudsy possibilities are almost endless. :cool:
    LaSquisita

7. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I never said that Superdave or Greg are the highlights of the show, all the characters together, the crime and the science are the highlights.

I also wish that more time had been spent on his marriage, some time could have been borrowed from GSR

8. Mill

Mill Civilian

Did I heard in the prmo for next week that Warrick is charged with murder.

9. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

What were the names of the pills again?

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I don't know, but I doubt it because in "Boom" they said if Nick was charged he'd lose his job regardless of whether or not he was convicted. So if there is continuity (ha!) then he couldn't be charged or...well...he'd be gone!

I really didn't like what they did with Warrick's character. I understand him possibly getting hooked on the pills, but he was way way out there. And yeah, acting like a cop and not a CSI. I wouldn't have liked it if it had been done to anyone else either.

So, was he really with the girl or was that just a hallucination?

11. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I think the tripy scene was real, just the fast paced and oddness was a reaction to the pills mixing with alcohol. And possibly spiked drinks by the strip club owner.

12. pabzi

pabzi CSI Level Three

I think he slept with her.

13. Leftyguitar

Leftyguitar Police Officer

I think he did, too. And I'm pretty sure somebody spiked his drink.

14. Dementia

Dementia Dead on Arrival

:lol: Great minds think alike. ;)

I don't know... What did you think of the "father of your unborn child" comment? I mean, it doesn't really explain the reason for the divorce... well, other than "irreconcilable differences."

He was really with the girl, but he was high and out of it. Remember when he thought she was holding a knife and then it was revealed to be a strip of condoms, and he started laughing like mad?

Also, someone mentioned Warrick and Sara being close. I recently watched an early episode from the first season, reminding me of how long it took them to get to that point, with Warrick and his gambling addiction and Sara's desire for him to be fired for his misconduct, especially after it got a rookie CSI killed.

15. labrat4u

labrat4u Victim

I AM FINALLY GLAD TO SEE MY FAVORITE CHARACTER WARRICK BROWN BE ON THE FRONT STORY LINE. YEA FOR WARRICK. I LOVED SEEING HIM TAKE OFF HIS SHIRT AND SEE HOW SEXY HE REALLY IS.IT WAS GOOD TO SEE THIS EPISODE, AND RIGHT NOW THIS EPISODE ON 12/6 IS MY FAVORITE. KEEP IT COMING WARRICK. I LOVE YOU THE MOST.