Clare Taylor (Massive Plot Hole)

^I think you're right. He may have loved her madly, but he's changed and so would she if she was alive. Also, if a sensible explanation about her absence and return was provided, would Mac forgive her? I don't think so. He'd probably feel terribly hurt and betrayed. He wouldn't let her back in his life again.

This is not realistic. Mac has developed in between itself and other women had.
true maybe it is just me hoping and believing in love :guffaw:yh i suppose im crazy theres no such thing on that show at the moment

and if that did happen it would turn the show soo much into a soap.

I think it would be best to have flashbacks to Claire. It would be interesting to see what their marriage was like, what Mac was like back then. I think to have her be alive would be too soap-opera-ish and also disrespectful to the families of people who died that day. I think Reed would be the best way for us to learn about Claire, maybe Mac could have flashbacks while talking to Reed about her. Or maybe a particular case would bring back memories.
I agree that if she came back, and we found out she hadn't died that day, she and Mac wouldn't get back together, it wouldn't work, they would have both changed too much. It would be so sad to see.
More Reed I think is the answer, usually whenever he reappears we learn a little about Claire.

well, we will have the chance to know about Claire in a following episode;) (or at least she will be named somehow)

And sinceresly i would love to have her back in flashbacks. I would love to know the kind of woman she was. Because Mac loved her deeply so she might have been very nice and special

I agree Reed could be the key to know more about her but it also could be a case that forces Mac to think about her or even finding her DNA finally. Just like Danny and Lindsay's wedding made him think why he didn't have children with her

And yes, the only way to have certain sense would be if she were dead. It would be respectful and touching to all audience and a great Mac episode:bolian:

Last edited:
I totally agree that Claire's history with Mac, should be brought into the storyline through Mac's involvement with Reed, but seeing as though noone has even mentioned Reed in Season 5, so far, I wonder if TPTB have shredded the last season's tapes and forgotten that the guy ever existed.

This really irks me, you build this young man up, first he finds a link to his biological mother and then he damn near gets himself killed and behold he is never mentioned again (for the moment at least).

Like so many inconsistencies the writers have with their characters I am slightly nervous as to whether the writers can successfully manage a good, interesting and more importantly respectful conclusion to Claire and her relationship and history with Mac. I don't need all the little details, just a few.

I seriously am scared that Mac might be made to do a Bobby Ewing in the shower scene and everything will have been a dream. Sorry no disrespect intended please make it right please give Mac closure, please bring back Reed even for a short time, give us a little insight.

Dear Sophia, as far we know, Reed will be back in S6:bolian:

I think you have used a "key"word. You used "conclusion". And i totally agree with you because there is a circle in Mac's life than need to be closed if he pretends to open a new one

Debbs :)

Dear Sophia, as far we know, Reed will be back in S6:bolian:

I think you have used a "key"word. You used "conclusion". And i totally agree with you because there is a circle in Mac's life than need to be closed if he pretends to open a new one

Debbs :)

Thanks for the info Debbs good to know that he will be back.I really liked his character and the way Kyle(?) played him. Enjoyed the pissy moments him and Mac shared equally as much as I enjoyed the caring and sensitive moments. :)

No doubt by now Reed will be running his own newspaper and be married with 2.4 kids if the continuity of the writers is as good as previously shown. :lol: Just kidding writers, nothing personal.

No doubt by now Reed will be running his own newspaper and be married with 2.4 kids if the continuity of the writers is as good as previously shown. :lol: Just kidding writers, nothing personal.
Yay! Grandpa Mac with his two-and-nearly-a-half WASP grandchildren! And maybe Reed's newspaper has something to do with Dunbrook and that's why he appears :lol:

But you know, sometimes I do get the feeling that the writers have forgotten about Claire. I mean Mac wasn't "over" her yet in season two, but he didn't have a picture of her on his desk or show Reed a picture from his wallet.

I wonder about that. I was surprised when Reed asked Mac what Claire looked like and Mac just basically told him that she looked like him. Why wouldn't the guy have a picture of his wife in his wallet or on his cell phone? Or couldn't even offer Reed to come to the house to look at a photo album. And then when Mac tells Reed that there is no body. They never found her after 9/11...wouldn't Mac have set up some kind of memorial or something somewhere to remember her?

I don't know about the memorial, but Mac once mentioned he'd gotten rid of everything he had to do with Claire because it was too painful for him to keep. The only exception was a beachball he dared not throw away because it contained Claire's breath.

The only exception was a beachball he dared not throw away because it contained Claire's breath.

I always thought that was so sweet and touching... Make you feel real sad for him. He kept photos as though didnt he... But now their in the ownership of Reed. Nice of him to give them to him like that... I wonder though, would Mac have kept them in an album or would he have them displayed in a frame?

Anyways, I think the best way for us to learn more about Claire is through Reed... it would be nice to see an episode of Mac sit down with Reed and just sort of tell him everything.

Maybe we ought to write to the writers and 'ask' for them to do that XP

Why wouldn't the guy have a picture of his wife in his wallet
actually he does have a picture of her in his wallet. That picture and the beachball are the only object that connect Mac and Claire now (beyond Reed of course)

Isn't there a CBS email addy and to send them essages? I would love to know Claire in flashbacks too!

Back