Clare Taylor (Massive Plot Hole)

Dead of Winter is by Stuart M. Kaminsky and is the first NY novel. It's set prior to s3, which is why Claire's grave is mentioned - the fact that no trace of her was found hadn't been revealed yet on the show.

Dead of Winter is by Stuart M. Kaminsky and is the first NY novel. It's set prior to s3, which is why Claire's grave is mentioned - the fact that no trace of her was found hadn't been revealed yet on the show.

But even without a body, there could still be a grave though, right? Some place for the surviving loved ones to visit that would provide some privacy?

As for the whole "Claire not really being dead" thing, that would be extrememly insulting, not only to victims of 9/11 but also the intelligence of the viewers. As it is, CSI:NY is already getting dangerously close to soap opera territory, we don't need to make it worse.

I think season one has more or less been "ret-coned" (removed from continuity) by the writers. I think it's pretty much an Alternate Universe now.

I would like to learn more about Claire, maybe through flashbacks or something. Reed would seem to be the ideal window for doing so. We "meet" Claire at the same time he does.

Yeah that was my theory too, re there still being a grave. I thought maybe he just thought it wouldn't mean as much to Reed or something.

Ghawazee; said:
Excellent thread.

We talked about this inside the Smacked thread because this intrigue us a lot.
I'm with you Debbie, excellent thread! And good question especially for us Mac fans. :)

As for her dying on 9/11 that part probably is true. I'm sure Gary himself had part of that storyline since he is a die-hard supporter of the military and about defending our country.

I would love hear about her and about her and Mac's marriage. Where they met, why they moved from Chicago to NY? And the possibility that maybe she had a miscarriage (would make for some good Mac drama ;) ) and that's why he sat with her at night. Also about Reed and how he would feel knowing her. They could do it in flashback form.

He said, 'I used to sit like this with my wife. Her name was claire, she did on 9/11, no body saw it coming.'

He jsut meant he used to sit in silence etc, taht i am guessing, but he didnt mean that he used to sit in the hospital with her after 9/11 ;)

That's what I thought to.
But you know, sometimes I do get the feeling that the writers have forgotten about Claire. I mean Mac wasn't "over" her yet in season two, but he didn't have a picture of her on his desk or show Reed a picture from his wallet.
i dont think he had pictures of her because he found it too hard to look at them

i agree i think we should hear more about claire i was getting happy when he started mentioning her to reed but i wanted flashbacks or somehting or him to talk about her more. she was such a huge part of his life. i think it would be good.

^He did have some pics of her which he kept in an envelope, he gave them to Reed in Sweet 16 (series 3). I have a pic if you want to see it.

I'm hoping that Reed will come back for another episode so that Mac and he can talk about her. I love Reed. Consequences and Taxi were the best!

I am in agreement here, excellent thread.

I must hold my hand up and admit to thinking that Mac was talking about sitting at Claire's hospital bedside when he mentioned her in the 'Blink' episode to the coma woman. So when Mac said to Reed that they never found her body, I was like, no!!! continuity please! But after reading other peoples opinions about this I can now see Mac sitting and watching Claire whilst she is asleep and he has come home late from work, perhaps.

The good news is that the writers have given themselves an excellent opportunity to incorporate Claire and Mac's history. So far they have drip fed us little pieces of information throughout the seasons, the angst Mac went through in Season 1, was real IMO, information about Claire when Reed first came on the scene, and then more so in the 333 story. Then 'wham' during the taxi cab storyline we catch the glimpse of a man that is not quite 'whiter than white', OK I rather thought that it was Quinn that initiated the kiss(IMHO) but Mac obviously regretted it, calling it a mistake, and that he loved his wife, move on woman i say, come on fancy still carrying a torch for someone for so long, I mean so unrealistic, ;) Ah yes, just remembered where I am, truck loads of Mac loving ladies here me thinks, can't blame the woman can you really?:lol:

Is Claire still alive, did she chose to pretend to be dead to escape her marriage? Of course being married can be difficult and is certainly not a bed of roses all the times, (talking from personal experience only here :)) If this is the case, and I sincerely hope not, then it would , for me, put a completely different light on Mac's personality IMHO.

Has she suffered from a type of amnesia and is still around? I have no medical knowledge but I do know someone who lost contact with their family and friends for 3 years whilst having ' dissociative amnesia', brought on by a childhood stress related incident. So not impossible.

Will DNA or trace be found to connect with Claire? For me this would be a great opportunity for the writers to excel, if so then the storyline must be treated with honesty, with sympathy and extremely respectfully and could give Mac the closure I feel he needs, not just physically but emotionally as well. IMHO.

Let's hope that TPTB agree and bring some history or flashbacks for us. :)
Regards and best wishes
Sophia

I think it would be interesting if the TPTB would actually SHOW Claire... I mean I know we had an episode where Mac showed a picture of her but I think it would be good to actually see an actress play Claire so we get a feel of what sort of a person she was.

I think also showing Mac after her death would be some what emotional - but quite good still. He must have really loved her I mean he kept his wedding ring on for that long...

I hope Claire is really dead, but I do think it would be cool to have a flash back of her. Mac and Claire, Mac reminiscing to himself and then gets together with Reed at the end of the episode to tell him about his mom. That would be so good!

I hope Claire is really dead, but I do think it would be cool to have a flash back of her. Mac and Claire, Mac reminiscing to himself and then gets together with Reed at the end of the episode to tell him about his mom. That would be so good!

I think it would be cool to see someone actually portray her. I would kinda be sad to see TPTB bring her "back to life" either because she somehow didn't die on 9/11, or through flashbacks then forget the other characters through the Black Hole of Continuity...but yeah, let's see Claire!

Even if Clair still lived, the marriage with Mac can function no more. one cannot forget so many years of the separation.

Back