Character flaws, foibles, annoyances and aggravations

I don't think they need to cover the boobs--just give them space in the opening credits, please. :p

The whole Reuben storyline was good, but did Danny really have to be at the center of another dramatic, emotional storyline AGAIN? I would have loved to see someone else take on that storyline, someone with not a lot of airtime. I don't care who (well maybe except Mac since he got his fair share of storylines) I'm just sick of Danny Messer.

Okay you totally read my mind. Danny's a good character, but I'm so sick of him too. I used to be a Danny fan, but then one day I just got sick of Danny. But that's just Danny, Carmines a great actor.

anyway, to get to the flaws and what not.

Flack: well as other people have mentioned before that this is probably more of a writing flaw than a character flaw but yeah. I don't get how Flack is the hostage negotiator, narcotics detective, homocide detective, my god he'll probably be Batman at some point too, but we'll never get an explanation for it. How does it all work!? how is he all these things at once, it's pretty unrealistic if you ask me. They've turned him into some sort of Supercop ( as people have said before). And why is he made out to be such a dumbass?

Mac: well for Mac he's a pretty awesome guy, I just wish he'd come off as a little happier. He seems so depressed to me, although I could understand why, with Claire and all that.

Adam: I have nothing wrong with him, he makes me laugh. He's adorable.

Hawkes: Well his little know-it-all thing can get annoying sometimes. I mean I know he knows it all, but he doesn't have to constantly point it out.

Danny: No comment

Lindsay: I like Lindsay, but you can't bring your relationship to work it's unprofessional.

Stella: NO MORE CLEAVAGE! you know if she keeps it up they'll lose evidence down there one day.

well thats all I have to say for now.

I don't think they need to cover the boobs--just give them space in the opening credits, please. :p
As much as I rant about Stella's boobs, I agrree that she wouldn't be our Stella if she didn't have her girls on display.
But the Barbara Pachter article did make me grin. Mac should email a copy to Stella!:p

As much as I rant about Stella's boobs, I agree that she wouldn't be our Stella if she didn't have her girls on display.
But the Barbara Pachter article did make me grin. Mac should email a copy to Stella!:p

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: after watching the spoiler pics i wonder if TPTB read this thread and that's why she looked like a Superior Mother with that blue shirt:guffaw:
And i can't imagine Mac complaining about Stella and "the girls":guffaw:Actually i see him clapping enthusiastically:lol:

Debbie:bolian:

ps: BTW Happy belayed Birthday Macslady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bolian::bolian:

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: after watching the spoiler pics i wonder if TPTB read this thread and that's why she looked like a Superior Mother with that blue shirt:guffaw:
And i can't imagine Mac complaining about Stella and "the girls":guffaw:Actually i see him clapping enthusiastically:lol:

ok,I guess I'm a complete pervert but at first I read: i see him clapping THEM (the boobs) enthusiastically :lol:

btw,I hadn't really noticed how the girls were exposed till I read some of your comments :lol: and a few days ago I was rewatching some episode and Stella was wearing a very skimpy top .... It was hilarious to watch, she was talking with Mac and he was carrying some box. I kept thinking he must be having hard time... trying to look at her FACE and not dropping the files :guffaw:

[
ok,I guess I'm a complete pervert but at first I read: i see him clapping THEM (the boobs) enthusiastically :lol:

btw,I hadn't really noticed how the girls were exposed till I read some of your comments :lol: and a few days ago I was rewatching some episode and Stella was wearing a very skimpy top .... It was hilarious to watch, she was talking with Mac and he was carrying some box. I kept thinking he must be having hard time... trying to look at her FACE and not dropping the files :guffaw:

:lol::lol: I guess you meant this one :D From 2.01 Summer in the city

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/Cienlunas/Mac_Stella_01.jpg

Yes, i agree. Maybe it's not totally apropiate for the office but heck! i prefer Sexy Stella before Nun Stella:evil: I didn't notice "the girls" until many people from this forum talked about them over and over again:p
If i didn't notice before it's maybe because it wasn't so evident;)

Debbie :D

<rotfl> I’d swear it was Mac who was holding that box :) Clearly, I wasn’t paying too much attention to him… :lol: yeah, Stella wouldn’t be Stella without her… interesting clothes (or lack of them, depends how you look at it) :)

well, in this photo it's VERY evident :lol: but I agree, often it's not that striking

[

:lol::lol: I guess you meant this one :D From 2.01 Summer in the city

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/Cienlunas/Mac_Stella_01.jpg

Yes, i agree. Maybe it's not totally apropiate for the office but heck! i prefer Sexy Stella before Nun Stella:evil: I didn't notice "the girls" until many people from this forum talked about them over and over again:p

This is an interesting top for Stella to choose as work attire. Although nun Stella is weird to see, this is weirder.

This may have been mentioned before but I haven't read everything on this thread.

I don't watch miami so I am only comparing las vegas and new york but has anyone else noticed that the lead females, Stella and Catherine are both dressed quite sexy while the other, younger, females are dressed like frumps? It doesn't really bother me but I would love to get a hold of Lindsay's wardrobe with a pair of shears! I won't even go into Sarah's dude style!

This may have been mentioned before but I haven't read everything on this thread.

I don't watch miami so I am only comparing las vegas and new york but has anyone else noticed that the lead females, Stella and Catherine are both dressed quite sexy while the other, younger, females are dressed like frumps? It doesn't really bother me but I would love to get a hold of Lindsay's wardrobe with a pair of shears! I won't even go into Sarah's dude style!

That does bother me. It bothers me because I think dressing Stella so sexy in the workplace - nevermind the fact that said workplace is a lab with dangerous chemicals - undermines her character just a bit. They can dress her hip and sexy and still make it work appropriate (see Det. Angell. Granted she wares the ridiculous heels that all the female TV cops wear, but her style is hip and sexy and also mostly practical and functional.)

With Lindsay the wardrobe bothers me because Anna Belknap is an attractive woman and TPTB have gone out of their way to make the audience believe Lindsay is at least eight and as much as twelve years younger than Anna. But in S4 (post pregnancy, I might add) it seemed like the stylists had a vendetta against Anna. When CYHMN aired I liked the shorter bob style hair cut. I thought it was sassy and youthful. But it seems like someone just couldn't stop screwing with it. It appeared to change lengths on a weekly basis and the style morphed into some weird sharp angled razor cut that did nothing for her. The clothes too, were so matronly. Some of the things she wore would appeal to my mom who is 62 years old. I couldn't even see a 36 year old mom wearing some of the stuff they put Lindsay in and she's supposed to be under thirty and single. They could have easily gone back to the style she had when she first appeared in early S2. I thought that was cute and young and showed off her body but not in a blatantly sexy way. Even when she still had some pregnancy weight (and I give Anna Belknap a standing ovation for losing the weight in a healthy amount of time) she was still in great shape and healthy looking and the S2 wardrobe would've looked good on her.

I feel kinda guilty posting about people's looks, but obviously not guilty enough to stop myself from doing it :eek:, but the actors don't pick out their own clothes and I don't know how much input they have in the character's hair style either. Even if the hair was Anna's choice, hey, you should see some of the hair style choices in my back catalogue. They're way more horrific than anything I've seen on Anna. Plus, I think with the right wardrobe her haircut would have worked for me.

That does bother me. It bothers me because I think dressing Stella so sexy in the workplace - nevermind the fact that said workplace is a lab with dangerous chemicals - undermines her character just a bit. They can dress her hip and sexy and still make it work appropriate (see Det. Angell. Granted she wares the ridiculous heels that all the female TV cops wear, but her style is hip and sexy and also mostly practical and functional.)

I couldn't agree more. It is possible for a woman to look both professional and attractive. It's not always easy though, I've often had problems finding appropriate work attire myself. But, with the resources tptb have it should be fairly easy.

With Lindsay the wardrobe bothers me because Anna Belknap is an attractive woman and TPTB have gone out of their way to make the audience believe Lindsay is at least eight and as much as twelve years younger than Anna. But in S4 (post pregnancy, I might add) it seemed like the stylists had a vendetta against Anna. When CYHMN aired I liked the shorter bob style hair cut. I thought it was sassy and youthful. But it seems like someone just couldn't stop screwing with it. It appeared to change lengths on a weekly basis and the style morphed into some weird sharp angled razor cut that did nothing for her. The clothes too, were so matronly. Some of the things she wore would appeal to my mom who is 62 years old. I couldn't even see a 36 year old mom wearing some of the stuff they put Lindsay in and she's supposed to be under thirty and single. They could have easily gone back to the style she had when she first appeared in early S2. I thought that was cute and young and showed off her body but not in a blatantly sexy way. Even when she still had some pregnancy weight (and I give Anna Belknap a standing ovation for losing the weight in a healthy amount of time) she was still in great shape and healthy looking and the S2 wardrobe would've looked good on her.

Again, I couldn't agree more. I loved Lindsay's S2 look but have mostly hated S4. S3 doesn't really count because a lot of the time her body was hidden because of the pregnancy. I sometimes wonder if they want her to stick out like a sore thumb, actually maybe they do, because she is from Montana you know. :rolleyes: Did you know that? :lol:

I join you in the standing ovation re. the sensible baby weight loss. It's great to see a woman in Hollywood who doesn't follow some ridiculous, torturous routine to get back to the way she was before the baby. I have to say I also admire Anna for doing the SD scene when really she'd only had the baby weeks before, okay she was mostly hidden by Carmine, but still.

I feel kinda guilty posting about people's looks, but obviously not guilty enough to stop myself from doing it :eek:

I wouldn't worry about it, you're discussing style as opposed to looks, that's fair game imo. :)

]With Lindsay the wardrobe bothers me because Anna Belknap is an attractive woman and TPTB have gone out of their way to make the audience believe Lindsay is at least eight and as much as twelve years younger than Anna. But in S4 (post pregnancy, I might add) it seemed like the stylists had a vendetta against Anna. When CYHMN aired I liked the shorter bob style hair cut. I thought it was sassy and youthful. But it seems like someone just couldn't stop screwing with it. It appeared to change lengths on a weekly basis and the style morphed into some weird sharp angled razor cut that did nothing for her. The clothes too, were so matronly. Some of the things she wore would appeal to my mom who is 62 years old. I couldn't even see a 36 year old mom wearing some of the stuff they put Lindsay in and she's supposed to be under thirty and single. They could have easily gone back to the style she had when she first appeared in early S2. I thought that was cute and young and showed off her body but not in a blatantly sexy way. Even when she still had some pregnancy weight (and I give Anna Belknap a standing ovation for losing the weight in a healthy amount of time) she was still in great shape and healthy looking and the S2 wardrobe would've looked good on her.

Again, I couldn't agree more. I loved Lindsay's S2 look but have mostly hated S4. S3 doesn't really count because a lot of the time her body was hidden because of the pregnancy. I sometimes wonder if they want her to stick out like a sore thumb, actually maybe they do, because she is from Montana you know. :rolleyes: Did you know that? :lol:

Agreed, the season four wardrobe was terrible, as was her hair. They just didn't do Anna any favors this season. I liked her wardrobe back in seasons two and three--not overt or anything like Stella's but cute and fitting with the character.

I join you in the standing ovation re. the sensible baby weight loss. It's great to see a woman in Hollywood who doesn't follow some ridiculous, torturous routine to get back to the way she was before the baby. I have to say I also admire Anna for doing the SD scene when really she'd only had the baby weeks before, okay she was mostly hidden by Carmine, but still.

That was in all likelihood a body double. ;)

I think it undermines her too. Stella is an incredibly strong, very talented, tough, professional, and beautiful woman. So why do they dress her in such inappropriately sexy stuff sometimes? It's just downright inappropriate. Now, I don't favour the 'nun' look she had when she wore that blouse thing a while back, but sometimes the stuff she wears is just blatantly inappropriate - you can see half her boob(s) from certain angles in some eps. Also, not only does her work environment involve dangerous chemicals, but also dangerous people - creepy rapists etc.
They really could give her a 'hip and sexy and still work appropriate' look - like you pointed out, they did it with Angell. Peyton always looked good too IMO, as did Lindsay in s2. In some episodes, it looks like Stella not only owns very few items which don't have low necklines, but apparantly very few bras too. I know they're uncomfortable, Stell, but you gotta wear 'em sometimes.
I like Sexy Stella, but not when she borders on being Slutty Stella (and some of her tops have come awfully close to that). She's entering Catherine-Land with her style choice lately, and that is not good. I wouldn't mind a bit of cleavage, but not the amount she shows sometimes! Sometimes she might as well not be wearing a top at all.:lol:

That was in all likelihood a body double. ;)

True. I don't know why but that didn't even occur to me, silly me. :eek:

I've just been rewatching some random episodes and something keeps bugging me although I don't think it's exclusive to this show at all. But why the heck is it that everytime a woman finds a dead body she screams in a way that's befitting to a character from a victiorian melodrama yet the men just look a little horrified.

It really annoys me that there's such gender bias in terms of the way people are portrayed as reacting. Men do scream. I spent this afternoon with friends, partaking in couple bunjee jumping, trust me the men ALL screamed louder than we did, every last one of them. :lol:

Back