Celebrity News P2

Source: People.com (note I am putting in the title, link and snip for more click the link)

Nicole Richie Owns Up to Past Mistakes (and Bad Tattoos)
"People ask me, do I blame Hollywood or my parents?" she tells InStyle U.K. of her past troubles in its October issue. "No, I don't blame my parents. It had nothing to do with them. I created it and manifested it, and I got myself through it with the help of a lot of great people."

"One thing about me is that I've always taken responsibility for my own actions, whether they're good or bad," she says. "Even when I was going through my tough time, that was a situation that I created."

Marcia Cross Says Michael Douglas's Cancer Fight Gives Her Hope
Michael Douglas isn't alone. The Tinseltown veteran, who recently revealed he'd been diagnosed with throat cancer and sent a defiant message about his chances, is lifting up the hopes of Marcia Cross, whose husband Tom Mahoney received his own cancer diagnosis last year.

*Yoko Ono says John Lennon is still helping her in her endeavors as an artist and peace activist as she pays tribute to her late husband before what would have been his 70th birthday:wtf:. Ono visited Lennon's childhood home and school in northern England's Liverpool on Friday. she was welcomed by hundreds of school studets a Dovedale school before she went to the semi-detached family home that Lennon shared with his aunt from 1945 to 1963. Ono will travel from her home in New York to Iceland on Lennon's birthday to light the Imagine Peace Tower, an illuminated memorial~

NEWS SERVICES~

*Paul Hogan actor of "Crocodile Dundee", has been cleared to return home the the U.S., after he was barred last month from leaving Australia because of a disputed tax bill, his lawyer said. The 70-yr.old Australian born actor, who currently lives in Los Angeles, arrived in Sydney on Aug. 20, to attend his mothers funeral and was served with an Australian Taxation Office order barring him from leaving Australia until he settles a mulitmillion-dollar tax bill, lawyer Andrew Robinson said. On Friday, Robinson said after a "cordial and cooperative" meeting between Hogan's lawyers and tax officials, an agreement was reached that will allow Hogan to return home to the U.S. Australian tax and crime investigators have fought Hogan in a five-year legal battle in Australian and U.S. courts to investigate evidence he used offshore bank accounts to conceal earnings after his low-budget "Crocodile Dundee" became an International hit in 1986. Hogan had denied any wrong doing [well duh] and has not been charged with tax evasion~

News Services~

@Desert, I read about that Yoko Ono thing too, I was gonna post it! I think it's nice that she still feels so close to him :)

Well, this broke a few days ago, but I'm pretty excited so I thought I would post. Conan O'Brien has officially announced the name of his new late night show on TBS, he jokes saying they spent millions of dollars, had the media, research companies, and a thousand people working around the clock to come up with the name. It will be called "Conan". :lol:

In all seriousness though, as simple as the name is, it was a hard show to name. They couldn't legally incorporate the words Late Show, Tonight Show, Late Night, etc. into the title because of network conflicts, and originally they couldn't call it 'Conan' because that name is copy-righted by the creators of 'Conan the Barbarian'. That's why it's taken so long to name. Apparently in the end, the creators of Conan the Barbarian signed over the rights to that name. So, even though he was joking, it was a huge fiasco.

We don't yet know for sure the format of the show (ie. if it will be like a late night show -monologue, skits, etc.) but they've confirmed that the hilarious Andy Richter will return as his sidekick :) It's also been announced that CTV has the rights to the show in Canada (seeing as we don't get TBS). The show debuts November 8th 2010 at 11pm. I think Conan's a hilarious guy so I'll definitely watch it to see what it's all about :)

EDIT: Here's the source if anybody is interested... http://www.teamcoco.com/

*A nanny who worked for Anna Nicole Smith in the last months of her life said Tuesday that she found bloody syringes and cotton balls, and sometimes a spoon with liquid, inside a bathroom that the celebrity model, her lawyer and her psychiatrist emerged from. Quethlie Alexie, who tended to Smith and her baby for more than 3 months in the Bahamas, testified that after Howard K. Stern and Dr. Khristine Eroshevich took her in the bathroom, Smith came out in an altered state "When she came out of the bathroom, she was like, drunk", said Alexie, who testified throuhg a Creole interpreter. "She was unable to walk, falling down, and was unable to handle her talking, and laughing" Alexie testified in the drug conspiracy trial of Stern, Eroshevich and Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, all of whom pleaded "not guilty". They are not charged with causing her drug overdose death in 2007~:rolleyes:

NEWS SERVICES~

*NO BABY SCARE FOR CELINE

Amid rumors that she was having complications with her pregnancy, the singer and her family appeared on the cover of Candian magazine 7 Jours. Dion, 42, and her husband Rene Angelil will welcome twin boys in November:their son Rene-Charles is 9. Dion's rep assures People's Scoop. "Her pregnancy continues to be healthy and she feels fantastic"~

People Magazine Sept. 20, 2010!

On a weekend that Hollywood was largely conceded to football and late summer barbecues, Sony-Screen Gems' "RESIDENT EVIL" led the box office. The 3-D horror film earned $27.7 million over this past weekend according to studio estimates Sunday, a total that exceeded expectations. It's the 4th "Resident Evil" film, all of which have starred Milla Jovovich. This installment opened better that the 3 previous movies. "Resident Evil" was the only film in the new release on the historically slow movie going weekend following Labor Day. With an estimated box-office total of $82 million, it was the lowest grossing weekend of the year. Screen Gems "Takers", in it's 3rd week of release came in 2nd with $6.1 million. Last weekend's top film the George Clooney thriller "The American", took in $5.9 million for Focus Features. With little competition, "Resident Evil" was able to capitalize on the post-Labor Day weekend, when two of the previous entries were also released. "It had all of what it's core audience was looking for and more", said Rory Bruer president of worldwide distribution for Sony.~

NEWS SERIVCES~

*Political satrist Bill Maher has been immortalized in Hollywood. With Larry King and "Family Guy" producer Seth MacFarlane standing nearby, HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher" talk show host unveiled his Walk Of Fame star Tuesday outside W Hotel at the corner of Hollywood Blvd. and Vine Street. Maher, who once hosted the late-night talk show. "Politically Incorrect", said he wanted to "thank George Bush, Sarah Palin and the Pope". It was the 2,417th star dedicated on the famous sidewalk~

NEWS SERVICES~

*Lindsay Lohan has confirmed on her Twitter page that she failed a court ordered drug and slcohol screening, and she said that if asked, she is ready to appear before the judge in her case and face the consequences for her actions. In a series of messages posted late Friday, the actress said "Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test". The test result could mean a probation violation and more jail time. In July, Lohan was sentenced to 3 months in jail followed by 3 months in rehab. [She only did 11 days in jail, and two weeks in rehab]:rolleyes:

Justin Bieber, 16, hit two Maryland state troopers with water balloons before a concert Sept. 5. Police denounced his "inappropriate behavior", but did not charge him~

Piers Morgan, 45 was named as the replacement for host Larry King, 76, on his long-running CNN program~

Johnny Depp, 47 was named Hollywood's highest paid actor, bringing in $75 million in earnings between June 2009 and June 2010~

US Weekly issue 815.. Sept. 27, 2010~

Lindsey Lohan didn't just fail one drug test, she failed two!!

Anyone surprised? Didn't think so...

Lindsey Lohan didn't just fail one drug test, she failed two!!

Anyone surprised? Didn't think so...

Really, this chick isn't getting it is she? what will it take? And Paris Hilton only got one year probation for her alleged "cocaine" that she thought was gum:rolleyes: They look so much alike, gum and cocaine. How does she get away with her behavior?

Desertwind, Paris's parents let her do whatever she want and got away with it and she will neve learn from her mistake. She think she didn't do nothing wrong, she doesn't know what right and wrong. She know what right and wrong, but she don't want to hear it or see it. Paris lost her trust fund because what she did. Her's great-grandfather wrote something in his will.

I don't think NHRfan that she's got money problems, she's still filthy rich, and what's sad, is she's 29 now, it's not old, but she's acting like she's still 19 or 20. both haven't got a brain in their heads, it seems:cardie:

*"The Town" is the talk of the box office, opening with a $23.8 million to take the No.1 spot. The intense Warner Bros. drama about bank robbers in the insular section of Boston earned rave reviews. This is the 2nd movie directed by Ben Affleck, who stars alongside Jeremy Renner, Rebecca Hall, Jon Hamm and Chris Cooper. The high-school comedy "Easy A" from Columbia Pictures came in 2nd place with a $18.2 million, according to Sunday estimates. And the Universal Pictures thriller "Devil" from producer M. Night Shyamian, about strangers trapped in an elevator, landed in 3rd place with $12.6 million~

NEWS SERVICES~

I agree with you about Paris has no problem with the money, she got her own money. I'm talking about the trust fund that her grandfather is going to leave with her, but he took it away from her. She got her own clothes lines. Yes, I agree with you about Paris think she still a kids and don't act her age. Paris's grandfather gave her trust fund to the charity.

Actually the trust fund was lowered in the amount Any of the grand-children were going to get. From 07 Paris Hilton's Inheritance Goes to Charity. Hilton has eight children and numerous grandchildren in addition to the 26-year-old celebrated Beverly Hills socialite. As to who is who check out the Family tree if you will to see all the many and numerous.

As to Lindsay Lohan she failed the one drug test then got sent to jail and rehab (short as they were), then she failed this drug test, and here is a story about what happens next possibly.

Lindsay Lohan ordered to court over failed drug test

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – Lindsay Lohan was ordered on Monday to appear in court after admitting that she failed a court-ordered drug test a few weeks after being released from jail and a subsequent stint in drug rehabilitation.

Los Angeles court officials said Lohan's probation had been revoked and a formal warrant for her arrest had been issued, but held until Friday, when she must appear in court.

Friday's hearing is expected to determine whether the "Mean Girls" actress will return to jail.

Lohan, 24, whose career has been derailed by drugs and alcohol problems, admitted in a Twitter message on Friday that she had failed a random drug test but said she was working hard to overcome her battle with substance abuse.

Celebrity new website TMZ.com said she had tested positive for cocaine.
Lohan served two weeks in jail in August followed by 22 days of a three-month residential drug rehab program after violating her probation on a 2007 drunken driving and cocaine conviction.

Following her release from rehab, the court order had required Lohan to undergo random twice weekly drug tests and counseling, and she was warned by a Beverly Hills judge that any positive results would see her back in jail for 30 days.

Back