Celebrity News P2

Congrats Harrison Ford Finally Marries Calista Flockhart

If Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart weren't already official, we don't know who is.
But the long-term couple have finally made it legal, tying the knot in New Mexico on Tuesday in a ceremony presided over by Governor Bill Richardson, a rep for Flockhart confirmed to E! News.

Ford, 67, and the 45-year-old Brothers & Sisters star got engaged in early 2009 after more than seven years together.

But maybe, understandably, Ford wasn't quite ready to take the plunge again, having already been married twice.
He and first wife, Mary Marquardt, spent 15 years (including 1977, when Star Wars came out) together, and then he and Melissa Mathison were married for 21 years.

This is the first marriage for Flockhart, who adopted son Liam in 2001. Ford has four children from his previous relationships, plus three grandchildren.

2011 Hollywood Walk of Fame Recipients

Oprah Winfrey has finally arrived, that slacker. She's landed herself a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The Queen of Talk and media mogul extraordinaire is among the honored recipients who will get their very own star on the Hollywood landmark in 2011.

Among the other TV industry folk being honored is Neil Patrick Harris, "30 Rock's" Tina Fey, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" star Danny DeVito, Ed O'Neill of "Modern Family," producer John Wells ("ER," "Southland") and "Cops" series creator John Langley.

On the big screen, The Muppets will get their own star (which should make for a fun ceremony), along with Penelope Cruz, Ed Harris, "High School Musical" choreographer and director Kenny Ortega, Gwyneth Paltrow, Ridley Scott, Sissy Spacek, Donald Sutherland, Reese Witherspoon and a family -- Laura Dern and her parents Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd.

Recording artists won't be ignored either. Posthumous stars will go to Buddy Holly and Louis Prima, while among the living, stars will go to Melissa Etheridge, norteno band Los Tigres del Norte, Rascal Flatts, the Go-Gos, Will.I.Am. and Bebe and CeCe Winans.

Finally, Joe Mantegna will receive the lone star for live performance/theatre.

"It was not an easy job to winnow down the extra large number of nominations this year to reach these 30 names," says John Pavlik, chair of the Hollywood Walk of Fame Committee, "and many deserving names were left for future consideration.

"But the placement of stars for these famous celebrities will give fans and tourists some fun and exciting close encounters next year, such as a rare family dedication, when three stars will be placed during the same ceremony for actors Bruce Dern and Diane Ladd and their daughter Laura Dern."

So far, no dates for the dedication ceremonies have been set.

*America Ferrera is adding bride to her list of credits. A spokesman for the 26-year old actress and producer says the "Ugly Betty" star is engaged to marry her longtime boyfriend Ryan Pieres Wlliams. Publicist Carrie Byalick dd not provide and furthur details. Ferrera won an Emmy, a Golden Globes and a Screen Actors Guild Award for her portrayal of Betty Suarez on ABC's "Ugly Betty", which wrapped up last year after 4 seasons~

*Billy Joe Shaver country singer/songwriter has been fined $1,000 after pleading 'no contest' to a misdemeanor gun charge in Waco, Texas. The charge arose from a 2007 shooting outside a Waco-area saloon. [where else:rolleyes:] In April, a jury acquitted the 70-year old shaver of aggravated assault in the wounding of Billy Coker outside the saloon near Lorena. Shaver contended her shot Coker in self-defense. He pleaded no contest to the gun charge for allegedly having a ..22-caliber pistol in the bar~

NEWS SERVICES~

CNN DENIES REPORTS THAT DEAL TO REPLACE LARRY KING IS CLOSE

New York-Despite several reports that CNN is poised to sign a deal with "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan to replace Larry King, people inside the network said there is NO rush to pick a successor to King, who has another year left on his contract. Rather, executives remain intently focused on developing a new show for the 8pm ET time slot now that Campbell Brown has decided to leave the network. CNN/U.S. President Jon Klein is strongly considering a political point-counter-point show in the vein of "Crossfire", which he cancelled shortly after joining the network. Among those being evaluated as possible panelists are former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer. "Not surprisingly, there is not shortage of people who would love to succeed Larry King if and whne he moves on, but rumors that we are 'close to signing a deal for a Larry King replacement are totally UNTRUE", said a CNN spokeswoman. "We are currently looking at replacing our 8 pm program and that is our priority. "Larry is a beloved member of our team, and he will continue to be a part of the CNN family in the future". The New York Post first reported last week that Morgan, a onetime British tabloid editor who serves as a judge on "Britains Got Talent", as well as the American version of that show, was in talks with CNN. Britain's Daily Telegraph reported that Morgan was close to signing a 4-year deal with the network. If CNN does tap Morgan to come aboard in some role, he would bring a background in entertainment programming and an interest in the power of celebrity. Aside from his work as a reality-competition judge, he was also the winning contestant on "The Celebrity Apprentice" in 2008. He hosted a British show called "The Dark Side Of Fame" and currently has a talk show in Britain cxalled "Piers Morgan's Life Stories" In 2004, he was fired from his post as editor of the Daily Mirror after running fake photos of British soldiers abusing Iraqi detainees~

Matea Gold-Los Angeles Times~

Last edited:
The adorable Amanda Bynes has tweeted her intention to retire from acting. Too bad as she's one of the few young actresses that doen't sink into playing skanky roles. :(

$1.2 MILLION FOR "A DAY IN THE LIFE", LYRICS

New York-John Lennon's handwritten lyrics to the final song on the Beatles album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" were purchased by an American collector Friday for $1.2 million. The winning bid for "A Day In The Life Of" was placed by phone at Sotheby's auction house, which declined to identify the collector furthur. The price exceeded the pre-sale estmate of $500,000 and $800,000. The double-sided sheet of paper features Lennon's edits and corrections in his own hand-and black felt marker and blue ball-point pen, with a few annotations in red ink. Rolling Stone Magazine listed "A Day In The Life", at No. 26 in it's compilation of the 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time and "Sgt. Pepper" won 4 Grammy Awards in 1968. The lyrics, which begin "I read the news today, oh boy", stirred controversy when the Beatles relased the album in 1967. The song was banned by the BBC because it twice features the line "I'd love to turn you on" which was interpreted as supporting illegal drug use. The song also left off copies of "Sgt. Pepper's" sole in several Asian countries, for the same reason. In addition "A Day In The Life" features the lyric "he blew his mind out in a car" which Beatles aficionados claim is a reference to the accidental death of Tara Browne the Guinness heir and close friend of both Lennon and McCartney. The lyrics appear on both sides of the single sheet. One side has Lennon's original draft, written almost entirely in capital letters and incorporates the corrections from the first draft and adds the words "I'd love to turn you on". Friday's price came close to the $1.25 million paid in 2005 for the Beatles lyrics "All You Need Is Love", it said. It also sold to an annonymous bidder at an auction~

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS~

Last edited:
Guess it looks like movie fans have not outgrown the "Toy Story 3" gang. The animated sequel about toys that come to life leaped to the No. 1 spot with a $109 million opening weekend, according to studio estimates. "Toy Story 3" became the 3rd animated film to top $100 million in the first weekend, joining "Shrek The Third" at $121.6 million and "Shrek 2" at $108 million. Reuniting voice stars Tom Hanks and Tim Allen, the movie has Woody the cowboy, Buzz Lightyear and their toy pals facing their mortality, worried they will end up on the scrap heap now that thair kid has grown up. "Toy Story 3" took over the No. 1 spot from Sony's "The Karate Kid", which pulled in $29 million to raise it's 10-day total to $106.3 million. The weekend's other new wide release, the Warner Bros. action tale [b"Jonah Hex"[/b] bombed with just $5.1 million. Adapted from the comic book series "Jonah Hex" stars Josh Brolin as a disfigured 19th century bounty hunter tracking a villain who aims to unleash a doomsday weapon.~

NEWS SERVICES~

TMZ: Sandra Bullock/Jesse James Divorce Final

TMZ has learned Sandra Bullock's divorce from Jesse James is now a done deal.

Sources tell TMZ both Sandra and Jesse signed the final documents last week. Sealed documents have been filed with the clerk's office in Travis County, Texas -- sources tell us they are the papers making the divorce final.

Sandra filed for divorce back on April 23, saying the marriage "has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities."

And sources say the divorce clears the way for Sandra to complete a single parent adoption.

----------
Prior to that above this was released by TMZ
Jesse Plans Move Close to Sandra

Jesse James tells TMZ he's moving to Austin at the end of July ... partly so his children can continue their relationship with Sandra Bullock.

Jesse spoke with Harvey Levin this morning and said he already has a house in Austin, but needs to finish up a History Channel special with the network. Part of the special shows Jesse's time on a kibbutz in Israel.

Jesse says the "first and foremost" reason for moving is because his children love Sandra and want that relationship to continue.

Jesse says he will continue working at West Coast Choppers part-time in Long Beach, but he will work full-time in Austin at the Austin Speed Shop.

As for any future relationship with Sandra, Jesse says, "Whatever happens, happens."

And Jesse tells Harvey he plans on opening a Cisco Burger in Austin -- good news for Texas.

------------------
My take: I am not going to jump up and down for joy on this one. There are too many variables involved. But it sounds to me like both of them are making an effort to remain friends (both meaning from what I have read over time) not just for the sake of the children but for the sake of the last five years. Sandra doesn't strike me as the type to just go in blindly, or leave it that way either. The children (all of them) are an important factor as well. I am glad to hear that they will be living around the same area so that travel won't be a problem. As to Jesse's comment about the relationship, I don't think imo that he meant they will get back together, but rather that they will be friends and stay that way. But should after time and a peace decide to, I hope people will be kind about it. I know some do not like what Jesse did, I don't, but this is between them. We can only report what we hear and give an opinion on it. But out of respect for them all I am going to say is I wish them the best be it as friends or whatever. Good luck to both of them.

*The "Toy Story 3" gang and Adam Sandler are finding plenty of playmates at movie theaters. [bTom Cruise[/b] is no so popular, though. The Disney-Pixar Animation smash "Toy Story 3" remained the No. 1 film with $59 million in it's 2nd weekend, raising it's domestic total to $226.6 million, according to studio estimates Sunday. Sandler's "Grown Ups" debuted at No. 2 with a healthy $41 million. Released by Sony, the comedy co-staring Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider did well despite a thrashing from the critics. Cruise's thriller "Knight and Day: fizzled at No. 3 with $20.5 million. It was the worst result for a Cruise action flick in 20 years. Reviews were fair for "Knight and Day", which features Cruise as a charming spy who finds romance with a civilian Cameron Diaz on a globe trotting adventure.~

NEWS SERVICES~

*The "Toy Story 3" gang and Adam Sandler are finding plenty of playmates at movie theaters. [bTom Cruise[/b] is no so popular, though. The Disney-Pixar Animation smash "Toy Story 3" remained the No. 1 film with $59 million in it's 2nd weekend, raising it's domestic total to $226.6 million, according to studio estimates Sunday. Sandler's "Grown Ups" debuted at No. 2 with a healthy $41 million. Released by Sony, the comedy co-staring Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade and Rob Schneider did well despite a thrashing from the critics. Cruise's thriller "Knight and Day: fizzled at No. 3 with $20.5 million. It was the worst result for a Cruise action flick in 20 years. Reviews were fair for "Knight and Day", which features Cruise as a charming spy who finds romance with a civilian Cameron Diaz on a globe trotting adventure.~

NEWS SERVICES~

I know Tom's popularity has taken a hit in recent years; but I was shocked at the poor showing at the box office.

This is a bit harsh, I just heard last night on that Showbiz Tonight show, that Tom was 'no longer thought of as a leading man" excuse me:confused:They act like he's 70 or so, I take offense at that statement. He's still looks great, the same to me as he did for years, and can pull off being a "leading man" anyday. I guess this picture stinks according to reviews. Everybody has an opinion don't they?:vulcan:

*Vince Neil singer of the rock group Motley Crue who last week had declared his sobriety, was arrested on drunken driving charges, after getting pulled over by police in his Lamborghini sports car near the Las Vegas strip. The 49-year old rocker was taken into custody about 11:15 p.m. Sunday when he stopped in the black sports car after leaving the Las Vegas Hilton hotel. Officer Bill Cassell said Neil was released Monday after posting $2,000 bail. Attorney David Chesnoff called it "premature" Monday to respond to the charge until he and attorney Richard Schonfeld collect information about the arrest, Neil is the front man for a 4-member heavy metal band known for it's bad behavior, hard partying, famous girlfriends and hits like "Girls, Grils, Girls" and "Dr. Feelgood". He said last week he was "sober" and that there are other things in life than just drugs and alcohol.:rolleyes: Neil and his 4th wife, Lia live in Las Vegas, where Neil owns tattoo shops, a bar called Feelgoods Rock Bar & Grill and the Vince Neil Tres Rios Cantina at the Las Vegas Hilton.~ [I know it's tough to live in Vegas, without being subjected to a different lifestyle, it's changes one behavior for the worst, too many temptations]

NEWS SERVICES~

EW: (it's so short I didn't bother with a link)

Kelsey Grammer divorcing
Reuters reports Kelsey Grammer and his third wife Camille will be getting divorced. The couple had been married for almost 13 years. The Frasier star Tweeted the news Thursday: “Hello everyone thank you for ur support and yes it’s true Camille and I are divorcing. I ask U 2 respect our privacy.”

Geez that's a surprise, another couple I thought were locked in for the long haul:confused:

*Mel Gibson's breakup from Russian singer Oksana Grigorleva was supposed to be a quiet affair, but a confidential settlement and sealed court case haven't kept the former couple's troubles from hitting the spotlight. The latest flare-up began last week when Grigorieva apparently named Gibson in a child custodt case, which is sealed and will likely remain out of the public domain. The seal hasn't kept the breakup out of the headlines. On Monday, the actor-director's attorney issued a statement revealing that the couple in May reached a custody agreement for their 7-month daughter Lucia~

*Julianne Hough country singer and "DWTS" pro isn't making her romantic life public, but she is giving hints that rumors linking her to "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest are true. When asked Tuesday whether she is dating Seacrest, Hough laughed and said she wasn't going to confirm or deny anything~

NEWS SERVICES~

"TWILIGHT" sets box office record~

Los Angeles.."The Twilight Saga:Eclipse" has broken anther box-office record. The latest chapter in the vampire adventure took in $68.5 million in it's first day, the best ever for a movie opening on a Wednesday. "Eclipse" surpassed the previous Wednesday record of $62 million set last year by "Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen. But the movie fell short of the all-time best opening day, a record held by it's predecessor, last November's "The Twilight Saga:New Moon" which pulled in $72.7 million. It opened on a Friday, typically a busier day in all theaters than weekdays~

NEWS SERVICES~

Back