Celebrity News P2

[BTW] she was paid $3 million in 2007, for her Weight Watchers endorsement] how could one go through 3 mill. in 3 years?
Well you have taxes, children (for things other then what CS would pay), and then bills to pay, not to mention she does travel and stuff for herself. But considering the lifestyle, etc and all that I mentioned above, you could easily go through three mill. That would be a million a year. Due to an agreement she could not confirm to Oprah the amount that she is getting in her divorce settlement was twenty thousand a year as thought. (which may or may not include Child support, but that is for the children and maybe put into a trust and an allowance is given for that). So Yeah you could go through that much money. LMAO Now I am cheap when it comes to money, but then non of us (that I know) know or live her life style.

As to Al Gore here is some more news on it, via Yahoo! News: Al and Tipper Gore, married 40 years, to separate <snip>

The Gores were telling friends they "grew apart" after 40 years of marriage and there was no affair involved, according to two longtime close associates and family friends, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because it was a personal matter.

The associates said the Gores, over time, had carved out separate lives, with the former vice president on the road frequently. One of the associates said: "Their lives had gotten more and more separated."

For more on this story see link provided

Prior to that there was this story on them via Yahoo.
Al Gore and wife Tipper to separate <Snip>

Al Gore and wife Tipper plan to separate, according to an email obtained by Politico and verified by a spokesman from Al Gore's office. They have been married for 40 years and have four children.

It is not immediately clear whether the separation will lead to divorce.

For more see link provided

Seems to me they just needed a little time to themselves and one story (not linked to) said they gave this careful consideration first). Actually it sounds good in a way, if they were going apart instead of jumping right into a divorce, going for separation maybe they can or can not work things out. Forty years of Marriage is acient in hollywood or lots of parts of the world now days. I hope for the best for them in whatever direction they go.

Ugh, excuses excuses from Fergie. Drunk, broke and down on her luck or not, to SELL access not only to her ex-husband but to a ROYAL is appalling! God alone only knows what could have happened had the person not been a journalist. I mean seriously, he could have been any old lunatic. What on earth was she thinking?!

Knights of the Federation

Go boldly to the palace _ and arise, Sir Patrick
Jun 2, 8:57 AM (ET)

LONDON (AP) - Patrick Stewart has been upgraded from captain - to knight.
The actor - famous for playing Capt. Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation" - officially became Sir Patrick Stewart when he was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

While "Star Trek" introduced him to a different group of fans, Stewart is also a widely respected stage actor.

The 69-year-old actor discovered the theater as a child, and said "my heroes were Sir Laurence Olivier, Sir John Gielgud, Sir Alec Guinness." Being "in that company is the grandest thing that has professionally happened to me."

Stewart joined Britain's storied Royal Shakespeare Company in his 20s, and in 2008 was nominated for a Tony award for the leading role in "Macbeth."

PAUL McCARTNEY'S MUSIC HONORED

Washington..When it comes to popular music, it doesn't get much bigger than the tunes Paul McCartney has written and sung over the past five decades with the Beatles and on his own. McCartney, who has been knighted by the queen of England is being honored with Washington's highest award for pop music this week by the Library of Congress. The Gershwin Prize for Popular Song is named for the U.S. songwriting brothers George and Ira Gershwin, whose collections are housed in the library. McCartney has "made an impact far beyond music through his humanitarianism and activism around the world, which are emblematic of the spirit of the Gershwin Prize. Librarian of Congress James Billington said Tuesday. The 67-year-old McCartney said "he's slightly nervous" about performing about 3 feet in front of President Barack Obama in the East Room at the White House today, when he will be presented the award. "For an English kid growing up in Liverpool, wow the White House--that's pretty special", he said Tuesday. 'He's a great guy, McCartney said of Obama, so lay off him":bolian: The former Beatle says "It's a very special award because I grew up listening to music by the Gershwin brothers". Faced with the Washington press corps., McCartney was quizzed on his inspiration for songwriting, his opinion on whether performers should earn royalties for when their work is played on the radio [he thinks they should] and even got a few requests for his autograph. This is McCartney's first major lifetime achievement award from the U.S. government. He was slated to win a Kennedy Center Honor, the nation's top prize for performing artists, in 2002, but he backed out because of a scheduling conflict. In 1990, McCartney won the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. also in attendance will be The Jonas Brothers, Faith Hill, Stevie Wonder and Jerry Seinfeld The concert will be televised July 28 on PBS. Performers also will include White Stripes singer Jack White, Foo Fighters, Emmylou Harris, Elvis Costello and others~

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS~

Last edited:
More music news...

Jackson's hometown moves ahead with museum plans
Jun 2, 2:36 PM (ET)
By KAREN HAWKINS

GARY, Ind. (AP) - Work could begin next year on a $300 million museum and arts center dedicated to Michael Jackson in his hometown, his father and Gary officials announced Wednesday.

The late singer last visited Gary in 2003 to talk about the project, but no progress was made on it before his death last year. His father, Joe Jackson, said Wednesday that he was "just carrying out his legacy" by getting involved.

"This is a happy day for me because this is something that my family and Michael have always wanted," Joe Jackson said. "We're bringing something back."

Gary Mayor Rudy Clay said the project would create thousands of jobs and, when finished, was expected to bring at least 750,000 visitors a year to the city. He estimated it would generate $100 million to $150 million in income for the community each year.

"This project will be the magnet that will draw people from all over the
world," Clay said.

The money to build the Jackson Family Museum and Hotel and the Michael Jackson Performing Arts and Cultural Center and Theaters will come from investors and donations, Clay said.

After years of promises about the project but no action, residents were cautiously optimistic. People said they were hopeful because Wednesday's announcement was the furthest along the project has ever come, with the city's donation of 300 acres of land.

Police Chief Gary O. Carter was impressed by Joe Jackson's presence.

"Why would he come all the way here if it wasn't" going to happen, Carter said.

Seretha Harvey, 24, grew up in Gary and said she hoped the project would happen, and that it would bring jobs and help change people's image of the financially struggling city.

"I've been in and out of Gary for the past few years, and I've seen it
deteriorate. I'm worried about whether this is actually going to matriculate," she said, but added, "I'm optimistic about it."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Annie Lennox named UNAIDS goodwill ambassador
Jun 2, 7:00 AM (ET)

GENEVA (AP) - Annie Lennox has become a spokeswoman for the U.N. agency fighting HIV/AIDS.

The Scottish musician was named UNAIDS goodwill ambassador on Wednesday, and pledged to address the "daily brutality faced by millions of women and girls" suffering from the disease.

Lennox, 55, achieved fame with The Eurythmics, whose "Sweet Dreams" reached No. 1 in the United States in 1983.

She has since performed as a solo artist and spoken out on political issues. Her "SING" campaign raises awareness for AIDS-infected women in southern Africa.

Lennox said: "If we are to end the cycle of human devastation triggered by the AIDS epidemic, we must address the rights of women and girls and challenge their second class citizen status, which puts them at greater risk of HIV."

This is also on TMZ, but this link goes to Yahoo! News.

Attorney says Gary Coleman, wife divorced in 2008

SALT LAKE CITY – Former child TV actor Gary Coleman and his wife were divorced in 2008, an attorney for the late "Diff'rent Strokes" star said Wednesday, the same day a tape of a 911 call was released that detailed her call for help.

Randy Kester told The Associated Press that Coleman and Shannon Price divorced in August 2008 and Coleman never told him the two had remarried.

"Gary shared a lot of things with me," Kester said. "That's probably something he would have told me."

Coleman died Friday at the age of 42 after suffering a brain hemorrhage. He was taken off life support, but it's not clear who made that decision.
Kester said he does not know.

"Now issues are being raised about whether or not Shannon had authority to terminate the life support," he said.

For More see link provided.

From TMZ:
TMZ has learned Gary Coleman divorced Shannon Price nearly two years ago ... raising issues about her authority to make final medical decisions on Gary's behalf.

Gary's divorce lawyer, Randy Kester, tells TMZ the couple divorced on August 12, 2008, and as far as he knows they never remarried.

Kester does not know if Price had a power of attorney to make medical decisions.

A hospital official tells TMZ they have "become aware he may not have been married to her." But the official said she was portraying herself as Gary's wife and they didn't require further proof.

The official did not say if Shannon had a power of attorney.

*Movie audiences are showing more appetite for "Shrek" than for sex, over the Memorial Day weekend. Dream Work's Animation's sequel "Shrek Forever After" remained the No 1 movie for a second weekend with a $43.3 million from Friday to Sunday. The film raised it's domestic total to $133.1 million. That easily topped the Warner Bros. sequel "Sex And The City 2" which was No. 2 with a $32.1 million debut that came in far below the $56.8 million opening weekend of it's predecessor two years ago. Along with a $14.2 million haul in it's first day Thursday "Sex And The City 2" has brought in $46.3 million. Debuting at No. 3 was disney's action tale "Prince Of Persia The Sands Of Time" with $30.2 million. Even with bad reviews and a running time of nearly 2-1/2 hours for "Sex" many Hollywood had expected the sequel to open at No. 1. Women made up 90% of the audience for "Sex", which reunites the stars of the HBO series- Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Catrell, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon-for an adventure in Abu Dhabi. The modest results for "Prince of Persia", leave the movie's franchise potential in doubt. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer, whose movies include "Pirates Of The Caribbean" and "National Treasure" series was aiming for a similar franchise treatment on "Prince". Set in ancient times, the movie stars Jake Gyllenhaal as a king's adopted son accused of treachery and murder, who obtains a magic dagger that can turn back time~

NEWS SERVICES~

*Jimmy Buffett plans to open the 162-room Margaritaville Hotel in Pensacola Beach, FLA. As tar-balls came ashore Saturday from an oil plume shooting out of the floor of the Gulf of Mexico Buffett said he had no plans to delay the opening. Buffett told fans he often went to Pensacola Beach while growing up in nearby Alabama. He said his favorite memories are of the sunsets in the fall~

NEWS SERVICES!

Sandra Bullock surprises fans at 'Guys Choice'

Sandra Bullock made a surprise appearance at Spike TV’s “Guys Choice” awards on Saturday night — her first public appearance since her split from husband Jesse James and the adoption of son Louis. The 45-year-old actress was there to accept the “Troops Choice” Award for Entertainer of the Year, chosen by members of the military. Looking radiant in a sleek black leather dress, Bullock was presented the award by Robert Downey, Jr. and received a standing ovation from the audience at Sony Pictures Studios.

“Let’s be honest here, just for a moment. We’re all going to be honest, right?” Bullock joked. “Did I win this for being entertainer of the year, or did I win this because of the spectacular I.E.D. [improvised explosive device] explosion that became my personal life?!”

News Brief

Rush Limbaugh, 59, married Kathryn Rogers, 33, in Palm Beach, Fla. on June 5, People reports. This is the right-wing commentator’s fourth marriage. Elton John sang at the wedding for a reported $1 million fee.

Tatum O'Neal: "My Father Is The Love Of My Life"

After years of estrangement, Tatum O'Neal and her father Ryan have reconciled, and it was Farrah Fawcett's death last year that made it happen, RadarOnline.com has learned.

"When Farrah died it made me stop and think about Dad," Tatum told the UK's Daily Mail. "I asked myself what I would do if I lost him tomorrow, and the answer was that I couldn't fathom him dying and us still being at war."

Sandra Bullock Speaks: Let's 'Go Back to Normal'

Sandra Bullock finally went out in public at the MTV Movie Awards, and judging by the standing ovation the Oscar-winner got from the crowd as she accepted her Generation Award, the support for her following Jesse James' cheating scandal is infinite. Wearing a sequined black dress, Bullock addressed the crowd in her speech by saying she just wants to "go back to normal" and that she's "not going anywhere."

During his introduction of Bullock, Bradley Cooper told Bullock he hoped she knows "how loved you are ... You are once-in-a-generation talent."

Betty White, perhaps the second-most-loved star of today, called Bullock "grace defined, and I adore you madly." "Sandy, you are a national treasure ... which I know a thing or two about since my ovaries were recently named historical monuments."

Upon arriving on stage, Bullock said: "I'd like to thank Betty for being such an extraordinary woman ... because of the person she is and the life she lives. I want your life."

While never directly addressing James or the scandal, Bullock certainly spoke of it. She made a statement with: "No matter what you might have seen or heard or read lately, I like what I'm doing and I'm not going anywhere. Speaking of what you might have seen or heard, I wanted to clarify some things: Number one, I'm not dead. Number two, everyone has cellulite, not just me."

Things then got funny, as she asked Scarlett Johansson why she was on stage. "This is so weird... Scarlett, I really love you and all, but this is just uncomfortable. Why are you here? " Bullock asked - Scarlett told her she was there when Bullock won best kiss, and then the two actresses shared a brief smooch themselves.

Bullock then got serious again, asking: "Can we please go back to normal, because therapy is expensive. Get back to making fun of me.

Judge says Lohan violated terms of her bail

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. – Lindsay Lohan's alcohol-monitoring bracelet got her in trouble Tuesday with a judge who doubled the actress' bail to $200,000.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Marsha Revel determined Lohan violated the terms of her release after a closed-door meeting with the actress' attorney and a prosecutor. Revel did not detail the violation, but said her decision was made after receiving "results" issued by a court-ordered alcohol monitor.
District Attorney's spokeswoman Shiara Davila-Morales said it was an "alcohol-related violation," but did not have further details.

Hot young stars lead the way at CMT Music Awards

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – A raucous good time is expected as Kid Rock hosts the CMT Music Awards.
Videos by four of country music's hottest acts — Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood — are finalists in three categories Wednesday night at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn.
Ten others are nominated for two awards apiece with fans making all the decisions. A field of 10 video of the year nominees will be whittled down at the start of the show and the night's winner will be determined by fan texts.
The show usually skews lighthearted and with the rowdy Kid Rock hosting things could get interesting.
Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Miranda Lambert, Lady A, Zac Brown and many other stars are scheduled to perform.

For more see cmt.com

Gary Coleman's Final Wishes Revealed: No Press at My Wake

In Gary Coleman's final known will, the Diff'rent Strokes actor named friend and former manager Dion Mial as executor of his estate, leaving Mial instructions on how he would like to be remembered, according to The Associated Press.

A 1999 will filed in Provo, Utah, states that Coleman wanted to be cremated and celebrated at a wake put together by people with no financial ties to the actor — people who "can look each other in the eyes and say they really cared personally for Gary Coleman."

Coleman also insisted that any press who reported on his legal, financial, health or marriage woes would not be allowed at his wake.

"I direct my personal representative to permit no members of the press to be present at my wake or funeral," Coleman stated.

Coleman, who died in May after suffering a brain hemorrhage, did not name his ex-wife, Shannon Price, in the will, whom he met in 2006. Sheila Erickson, a rep for Price, told the AP that the 24-year-old former wife plans to meet with her lawyer to discuss whether she has any claim to the estate.

For More On Any Of The Above Stories, Please Click The Links Provided!

*A spokesman for Larry King said Wednesday that the talk-show host's wife is recovering after an apparent prescription drug overdose last month in Utah. Energency medical workers were called to Shawn King's home in Provo, on May 28. Her father dialed 911 after finding the 50-year old woman in bed, breathing but not responding when he tried to wake her, according to a transcript of the call. Officers who responded to the call found several prescription bottles, including Ambien and anti-anxiety medication, that had been filled within the last 10 days, but were empty, according to a police report. It also said there was a handwritten note that indicated she had taken the pills intentionally. The Kings filed for divorce in April~

NEWS SERVICES~

BONNAROO CONCERT

A slightly groggy, sundrenched Bonnaroo crowd in Tennessee was readying itself for the music festival's big day two acts Jay-Z and Stevie Wonder. Both were taken to Bonnarro's main stage Saturday evening in succession, with headliner Jay-Z, following Wonder. The day's acts also included Weezer, Jack Whites-Dead Weather, Norah Jones and a middle of the night set by Disco Biscuits. Heat was in the high 90's-100's thus far and has been a constant problem at this year's Bonnoroo, the 9th annual~

http://www.wsmv.com/news/23886459/detail.html

*The Chicago International Film Festival has honored Academy Award-winning director Ron Howard with a career achievement award. Howard received the ward Saturday night at a gala at the city's Museum of Science and Industry. Howard has directed movies such as "Splash", "Apollo 13", "The Da Vinci Code" and "Backdraft". He won the Oscar for best director in 2002 for "A Beautiful Mind". However Howard says he's had "the career of his dreams"~

NEWS SERVICES~

Back