Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

If she'd only stolen the drugs from the decedants then yeah it'd be stupid to fire her. BUT the fact that she placed the blame on someone with medical problems (which would be fraud, lying to police-which people ARE arrested for by the way, wasting time and money if there's a trial), that part of it they'd almost have to at least take away her medical license. FIRST DO NO HARM is the oath doctors have to take. I'm sure Tara as an M.E. had to take the same oath. And by placing blame on Julia who is suffering from bi-polar syndrome, that is definitely breaking the do no harm rule.

The reasons for her stealing the drugs doesn't matter one way or the other (as they say the road to hell was paved with good intentions), but the fact that she put the blame on someone else which got that someone else in trouble with the law is something that is highly prosecuteable. As I said, people have been arrested for lying to police. Don't forget, Horatio is a Lt. which means when Tara indicated to him that Julia took the drugs, she was essentially lying to police and I believe that Horatio could press charges if he so desires.

Even though I liked the Warrick character on Vegas, I was highly annoyed when there were no reprecussions for his gambling on the job which cost a rookie CSI her life (cause he left her at the scene). IMO, if they don't fire Tara, it would be just as bad as them not putting any reprecussions on Warrick for getting Holly killed.

I like the rotating M.E. idea. And I think everyone loved the M.E. that got shot in Going Ballistic. It's funny too that she was only on for a few seconds and everyone says how much they liked her. She made a big impression. Whereas with Tara, most people didn't like the casting choice and don't care for the character at all or could take or leave her. :lol:

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I bought it up earlier,(I'm a nurse) if the person does not seek help before they are caught(at least when dealing with nurses) they are fired(at least the cases I've seen)I have not known the nurses (in the cases that involved the nurses I worked with)to ever return to practice,but I do know it can be done,but is a long road back.
    I don't know what's in store for Tara,but I don't see her leaving after just one season.I'm thinking what ever is going on probably isn't what we think it is.

3. hahagirl

hahagirl Hit and Run

Well, Miami being a predominantly Latin city, it really wouldn't hurt to have more Latinos, but I actually would have preferred a more experienced older woman. Maybe Indian, Latin, or African American. But the key is not the ethnicity to me, the key to me is OLDER. No offense to Tara, but someone like a Medical Examiner usually takes years to become and those years usually take up your 20s and early 30s. Trust me, my uncle went to medical school and it takes up some time.

4. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree that regardless of her reasons, if she has stolen the medications from the victims entrusted to her she's committed a horrible betrayal and should be held accountable. Alexx made it clear on more than one occassion that she felt a sacred trust with the victims and that she felt strongly that she was their last defense from violation.

As far as lying to Horatio, she has been there long enough to know that Horatio and Julia's relationship has had its hostile moments. She may be naive enough to believe that Horatio wouldn't be that upset with Julia getting the blame for this. It would make her extemely naive and truly unable to read people I'll admit, but I suppose it's possible.

I was a little shocked about how that was allowed to play out as well and was pleasantly surprised when Ryan had to pay the price for his gambling issues.

5. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

6. GregNickRyanFan

Haha, that's true. But even still it's a form of lying to the police. :lol:

7. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

8. GregNickRyanFan

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I may be alone in this, but I actually kind of like Tara. I really didn't when she first came on, but I've warmed up to her a bit. All right, she's not the most interesting character, but she has potential. I think she needs more time. Also, we don't know for sure that Tara's a drug addict. As much as I hate recycled storylines, TPTB could always go the "she-took-it-for-her-sick-friend" route.

10. GregNickRyanFan

That's possible, but she still put the blame on Julia who is getting in trouble for it. That is still a form of fraud which is very illegal. So while she might have gotten away with just the theft, I think the bigger issue is the framing (basically) of a woman with the mental/psychological issues that Julia has. If nothing else, it goes against the doctor code of ethics. To me, that's a worse offense than just stealing things from dead people who won't need it anymore anyway.

11. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

I noticed that she has yet to talk to Natalia too. I don't think Natalia's even mentioned Tara, except when she was talking to Eric in 'Won't Get Fueled Again.' Even Ryan has had a few scenes with Tara.

Anyway, I tend to doubt that she's stealing the pills for a friend, but then again, I didn't think she was going to take them in the first place. We don't know much about Tara, but this seems really unlike her. I think that she took them for herself, and I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I've got my fingers crossed that she gets fired for it. She really kind of bugs me.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Being so close to the finale, I figured this Tara stuff would relate (or connect somehow) to everything else that's in our "Miami pot".
    Could Ron Scariest or Ivan be involved with her stealing the drugs? Someone forcing her to do it so they can push the blame on Julia? It's hard to single this storyline out as if it's just Tara's own personal arc. I can't really begin to have a clue where it could tie in, but who the hell knows. *shrugs*

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Actually a number of actresses have done it in the past. The one that immediately comes to mind is Heather Locklear who I think was appearing on two shows at the same time, Dynasty and T.J. Hooker. And she was a main character in both and both were network shows that I'm almost sure filmed more episodes that they do now. Khandi would only appear occasionally on CSIM and full time on her HBO series with I think a maximum of 13 episodes per season that films on a schedule opposite to CSIM. Most actors/actresses do find some kind of work when their show goes on hiatus.

However, it was just a passing thought because I know it's been done before. I'm certainly not asking her to do it. I'm actually fine with Tara. :D

Oh, and if Tara lied to Horatio about Julia - darn straight she needs to pay a price for that!

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

But she didn't directly say to Horatio that Julia took them. When H asked if anyone else was there that did not belong she answered Julia was. So she could always say she didn't accuse Julia of stealing the pills and she wouldn't be lying. Was that how it went? Now I want to go back and watch the scene again...

15. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I like Tara, too! But I hate the fact that they put her stealing the pills. And I doubt she'll get fired, she'll stay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.