Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The spoilers also indicate there is negative judgement on Eric's part.So while E/C secret is between them,the negative judement is still indicative of the poor team dynamics,which can also affect outcomes.Even without Ryan saying anything,why was it not seen(if it indeed wasn't) that something was off? Wouldn't that be something a team member that cared would notice? He supposedly gets the crap beat out of him and even if there were no facial bruises,there should be something that was noted,pain maybe.
    But, we will have to wait for the episode.I may be plesantly surprised,but I have the feeling that most of the team won't rally around Ryan.It will be Horatio to the rescue.

2. gopens

gopens Victim

That is exactly my fear. I think most of the views would love to see the team dynamics again and especially see the team rally around Ryan. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised, though. You would think they would notice something wrong and try to help, rather than misjudge him again. I am hoping they won't go that way with the story line, since they already did that in Ressurection. It would have been nice to see Calleigh and Eric at least apologize to Ryan in that episode. It does seem like they are trying to write Ryan as moreof a hero this season, though.

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It doesn't matter what they do at this point. It's too late. They've managed to kill this show with all the E/C garbage for the past 2 years that it's been forced in our faces.

And as far as Natalia & Calleigh are concerned, I don't think Calleigh even deserves her friendship. If Calleigh had all these oh so wonderful thoughts about Eric then she should have been a good enough friend to at least get a feel from Nat how she would handle it. You don't do it behind someone's back & wait for them to find out thier little "secret" & THEN ask them. That's bullshit. I have no respect for Calleigh or Eric at this point.
    Whether some think Eric/Natalia had closure or didn't (sorry I don't call an asshole husband dying CLOSURE)- it does not matter! Truth is TPTB actually wrote it, it did happen, & no one can try & tell me that it wouldn't be akward as hell carrying on a relationship with someone with thier "ex" right there in the lab with them.
    It's too damn obvious that e/c wasn't the intention here, so whatever, it's done nothing but make precious Calleigh look like a wishywashy b*tch who cares only about herself, & Eric just looks like a wussbag.
    Sorry, but I think it's just too pathetic when you have to drastically change 2 characters just to make them fitting.

4. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Was it ever stated that his father was Russian? Because for whatever reason I thought he was half Cuban and half Russian.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Ok I have been keeping away from this line of topic cause well my screename makes my opinion pretty clear but that last post I just found plain disrespectful. I'm sorry but calling EC "garbage", Calleigh a "wishywashy b*tch", Eric a "wussbag", etc certainly falls under character bashing and disrespecting other ships to me. Isn't there a rule against that in this forum? Or does that apply only in shipper central? I don't mean to sound sarcastic, I'm honestly asking. I just think that this is an open forum with all kind of shippers whose opinions should all be respected. And calling a ship "garbage" is not respectful. I don't think it's much fun reading about squealing EC fans on this thread and maybe they should have done that in the EC thread but at least they were not disrespecting other ships. So I'm sorry you don't like were the show is headed but some people do and it's just a matter of opinion.

Mods I'm sorry that this is not spoiler related but I come here to read spoilers and find my ship getting trashed. Tried to keep away but it just kept on going.

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

The man who raised him (the one who is married to his mother) is Russian and his mother is Cuban...

I don't want to turn this into a shipper debate, but I have the need to tell one thing...

mjszud, just because you don't like EC is not a reason to offend EC shippers. Everything you want to say can be said in a respectful manner.

About promo being all about EC... Promos are there to attract people to the show. Believe it or not, most of the people want to see EC happen. Producers of the show are not stupid, the money they make depends on how many people watch the show.

7. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

It seems to me like I read somewhere that his biological father was from Texas. (or maybe just living there?) So if he is an American citizen then so is Eric. The nationality of the man he believed to be his father wouldn't matter. At least this is my understanding of immigration/birth place laws.

8. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yeah, it will turn out that his father is actually from Texas, but I got the impression that he is originally Russian, but became US citizen... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think that Rade Serbedzija's (the man who plays Eric's father) accent if very important issue, because as great actor as he is, he can't pull off American accent...

9. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I respect your opinion, but I have to disagree with some points you made. I don't think Natalia's ex-husband's death had anything to do with Eric and Natalia's relationship or the closure of it. Natalia and Eric had a fling (whether it could've been something more if the writers had played it out differently is up to the imagination, but it's certainly possible), and it was over by the end of Season 4, before Nick came back in the picture. Obviously, with the revelation that Natalia was the mole, and how Eric reacted to that dredged things back up, but I think we were to assume by the first few episodes of Season 5 that they'd patched things up and were friendly again (like that scene in 5.02 with the two of them in the garage). Yes, there was that scene when Nick came into the crime scene, and also the fight between Eric and Nick, but Eric has always been protective of women in general, and I don't think his reaction had anything to do with being romantically involved with Natalia at that point. He may have been more protective of Natalia because he knew what she'd gone through, and had at one point been in a relationship with her. But from what I saw, I believe the closure of Eric and Natalia's romantic relationship was at the beginning of Season 5. The stuff with Nick was a bump in their friendship and working relationship, but things seemed fine after that. They still work cases together, joke with each other, etc. It's not like they've been avoiding each other ever since.

I also understand what you're saying about Calleigh and how she should've kept Natalia in the loop about starting a relationship with Eric so that the friendship between the two women would not be compromised. It's entirely possible that they did "behind the scenes". The show is only an hour, they cannot show everything. The show is also a crime drama with hints of personal lives, not the other way around. I don't think it was important to show that on-camera. I doubt Natalia would even have a problem with it, given the fact that in the end of Season 5, Natalia witnessed Calleigh kiss Eric on the cheek (and didn't seem bothered by it when she asked "What was that all about?"), and then teased Eric about it in the next episode(also didn't appear to be bothered by it.) If she wasn't bothered then, I doubt she'd be bothered now.

And finally, like I said, Eric and Natalia's relationship was more of a fling, and it was quite a while ago. Plus, they are all ADULTS, not jealous teenagers stealing boyfriends. It doesn't have to be awkward in the lab. Natalia could very well be aware and rooting for them. And a great deal of the Calleigh/Eric personal stuff is not shown, or if it is, they're not talking about it with everyone there. The scene between the two after Eric's therapist is murdered? Outside the entrance to the lab, not "romantic", and not many people around. The conversation by the mailbox while waiting for Tripp was just the two of them. Eric leaving her chocolates, then calling her? AFTER work. The "mushy" stuff said in the hospital? In the hospital, just the two of them, again. It appears that the upcoming kiss is nowhere near the lab or any of its employees. It's not like Calleigh and Eric are going to go around making out all over the lab. Even in the last episode, they had plenty of scenes together, but all of them were completely professional.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

First of all, the "garbage" comment was about the way TPTB have written them out. Secondly, I said these 2 people LOOK like they are [insert word here] not that they ARE. & Third,my anger is not towards anyone here in this forum, it's towards the writers, and for many more reasons than just e/c.
    A lot of people come in here & complain about a lot of things, whether it's a person or thier arc, or the writers being stupid, or even Super -H. Well, this is one topic that I don't care for, & the post above was an honest opinion....no different than if it were someone going off about a character or arc. If it's feedback TPTB want, then why shouldn't I say how I feel about it or anyone else for that matter?
    I apologize if I offended you, but Im not "trashing" your ship - I just don't like them, & I don't like how TPTB "created" them, the stories they've written & how the entire show has revolved around these 2 people, or how they've ignored the first 5 years of what actually happened on this show. Not to mention that we rarely see anything else with any other characters.
    I'm not going into your HHer thread & making comments there. That's your territory & I completely respect your space there. However this thread is for the show as a whole & it's these recent spoilers that DO effect the show.
    Carry on.

SilentDisco - I don't wish to discuss that topic as it doesn't belong here, but I will gladly chat over in the debate thread.

11. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Well this has turned into a heated discussion...

Will they,won't they, fire him... wait his back storylines makes for good TV..

12. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Gaahhleee you guys! Cool it!

Here's my short analysis. After reading a few posts, I did realize that the whole episode will probably revolve around EC/Eric's father rather than the forensics. I think I was too blinded by my shipper preference to realize that. So I agree that perhaps for the non-shipper fans, this episode won't be too fun. Even for me it might get a little annoying.

But name-calling and getting into these arguments is ridiculous.

That being said, sorry for my earlier squee in this thread. I was just really surprised, and I think everyone else was too. But the squeeishness has died down. So let's just all chillax. :)

13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I'm sorry but if that is how you feel then keep that in the Eden or Natalia thread....there is no reason for it to be posted here.

I know I am a E/C fan but when Eric and Nat were together I NEVER said negative word one about them in E/C's thread or anywhere else. Have some common courtesy, and so the same. Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but in MY opinion you aren't even a fan of the show if all you are going to do is bash the writers, the characters and the show in general.

People do often complain about what is going on in the show in this thread but calling certain things "garbage" or picking on a particular character is way beyond any negative thing that anyone has ever said before on this forum.

14. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

so if the tptb decided to emphasize this relationship on a PROMO teaser they must think this is the direction that CSIMiami is going-LV had Gil/Sarah and NY has it's own couple moving in some 'direction' for s/l purposes...which makes me want to know in the next episode going to be more murder/mayham or love drama? Is this 'ship' now known than how does that affect the team. Are the cases gonna be second s/l or first?

15. abstract

abstract Dead on Arrival

While I can appreciate folks being disappointed in coming here to read spoilers only to discover that what's being discussed has little to do with new spoilers, I have to say I have enjoyed reading the various recent posts - all of them - even the ones that run contrary to the opinions of a good many of the posters. So my question is, if the discussions taking place today in this particular thread (for example) don't belong here - where do they belong? Where can discussion take place that's not not always going to be singing the praises of the various story lines and characters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.