Carmine-What is Cessau?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Dryan89, May 3, 2006.

1. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I was stood in the queue waiting to pay for my groceries the other day when I got asked about my Ceesau t-shirt - a refreshing change because normally it's my 'Police Line - Do Not Cross' bag I get asked about. Anyway, I was talking to the guy who asked about the band, how good I thought the music was and where he could check it out.

Anyway I started packing my stuff when the checkout assistant - I know most of the ones at my local store well - just stopped and started giving out to the guy behind both me and the person I'd been talking to about his ignorance.

It turned out that he'd made some comment to the guy I'd been talking to about taking music recommendations from 'Deaf' people and how I couldn't possibly have any musical taste. (I'm hard of hearing, have been since I was a kid) Normally the stupidity of 'hearing' folk doesn't bother me, but this was just...so...fucking...embarrassing. I want people to hear the lads' music, but when people say stuff like that, it makes me think I should keep my mouth shut.

2. Caprian

Caprian Hit and Run

Don't give a damn things like this that stupid people talking about you.
    They all dorks!

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. That guy is a major, ignorant asshole. He should be reported to the manager for such horrible behavior.

4. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

Generally, I don't care what people have to say. A while back, I had an argument with a store assistant in town because she started being obnoxious when I asked her to look at me when she was talking to me. I don't have too many problems with people's ignorance - mainly because most of the time I speak pretty normally and it's not immediately obvious unless I tell people. Recently, I've had a problem with ENT infections. It makes my hearing worse and as a result my voice goes flat.

It's just when you are trying to say something about a thing you love to get other people interested, it's just disheartening, you know?

The ignorant asshole was a customer - the woman at the checkout was telling him off. Though to be honest, while I appreciate the defence and that a 'hearing' person saw that behaviour as offensive, it's kinda mortifying and also disrespectful - like I can't own my own offence at stupid people's behaviour. I'd have rather have been told what was said so I could tell the person to fuck off myself...

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Ugh, that's terrible. What an ignorant ass, but yeah, just to echo the others...certainly nothing you have to be embarrassed about! Though I have no doubt that kind of thing is really frustrating. :(

6. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

I should be thankful in a way that J. Ignoramus seemed to know the difference between 'deaf' and 'Deaf'. But yeah, I wish I could say shitty behaviour like this was uncommon - it's not.

I really despise the fact that 'hearing' people think 'Deaf' people cannot appreciate or even make music. Beethoven was deaf after all...

7. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

8. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

YAY! The lads have finally started to offer their shirts in XL...about time too. :D

Not that this fat bird doesn't fit into the Large she already has - I just like my shirts a little looser...

9. ceesau fan

ceesau fan Victim

finally shirts in XL!!

i know most people here have been talking about Ceesau playing a live show...how many people would actually go to a Ceesau show? I know I would!!!

I emailed Ceesau (via myspace.com/ceesau) and asked if there are any plans for a music video. Apparently there is something in the works (?), what song do you think would make the best video?

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'd definitely go see a live show.

The best video? I don't know. "How Do You Feel" would give them a chance to rock out, but I'd love to see "Wrote the Longest Word," just because it's my fav. I'd check out any of them, though.

11. origin-nknwn

origin-nknwn Rookie

If the lads did a show in Europe, I'd definitely go.

A music video would be interesting - though I don't know which song would be best for that. How Do You Feel? would be good for rocking out, but that is by far the song I've heard the most of. I'd like to see I Wrote The Longest Word I think, or maybe a new song...

12. honeybunn

honeybunn Victim

So would we all like to see them play live but I heard they weren't going to ever !! Carmine doesn't want to promote or anything !!! It's such a shame....they're so darned good.

13. LME

LME Police Officer

That is a shame if they will never play live :(. Does anyone know why? I bet they would be great live.

14. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

So, a while ago there was some debate as to whether or not it was Carmine in some of the t-shirt pictures on Ceesau's website. Well anyways if you thought it was him, you were indeed correct, and you win nothing!!!!!!!!! :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

15. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

Aha! And that explains the wrist/tattoo conundrum!! Great pics, thanks :D