Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Hestia, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Hey all!

I'm just hours away from the new epi in my time zone and I've got to tell you it's the like first new episode of fall all over again! That's how excited I am! I've gotten some more sneak peaks of the epi from YouTube, and I know for sure that we have nothing to worry about (Not like we did anyway, right? ;))

And welcome back Dani! It's good to see you around again girl!

To get this board up and hopping again, let's pose another question! Okay since Easter just passed, my question will be celebration oriented. How would Calleigh and Ryan celebrate Easter? Christmas? Thanksgiving? The 4th of July? St. Patrick's Day? Valentine's Day? (You know, the one emoticon we don't have is a kissy face or romantic one.. *sigh*) Anyway, be creative and I'm sure our favorite duo will have the time of their lives!

Enjoy tonight everyone and I'll drool for you at the CaRWash scenes Nikki! ;) Keep the love alive!

2. purplecat17

purplecat17 Hit and Run

well last night was the first new episode in a long time so i was really looking forward to some CaRWash scenes:).... i mean Calleigh and Ryan actually worked together for a little bit so that was good :).... also when they are looking at the bride's veil to see if the diamonds in the veil were real or fake, Calleigh uses the diamond in her earring for the experiment so that made me think back to season 3 when Ryan talks about how he took her class and she talked about the best tool could be the stud of an earring or something ... so that was pretty cool:)

3. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

First of all, thank TPTB and the heavens above for continuity! I was so excited to see that they kept the scene with the diamond earrings...YAY for season three! ;)

I was disappointed, however that they didn't get more scenes together...On one hand I was happy they cut the arguing scene from the episode, but I'm also sad that they cut the "Don't let him devide us" line. I'm getting really sick of TPTB making Ryan into a bad guy all the time; he made an a** of himself last night AGAIN. I'll still love CaRWash no matter what they do to his character, but at this point I can't blame Calleigh for looking for love in other places! :lol:

Calleigh getting kidnapped should present an interesting delemia to our favorite team. Supposedly H gets extradited to Brazil earlier in the epi, and unless he magically makes it back in time to help save Calleigh, that leaves Eric and Ryan to do the hero rescue work (okay, Natalia too, but she doesn't even have a gun, so I don't see how she's gonna help with the actual rescuing). I know that Eric is there when Calleigh is "rescued" (my sources say she pretty much saves herself with little assistance from the guys), but I'm not sure about Ryan. I know they get the kidnappers to come to a poker game to flush them out, and that all the poker players are cops, so I'm hoping that Ryan will at least get to be there since he already got in trouble for gambling on the clock.:guffaw: And I'm praying for a hug or at least a "I'm really glad you're okay" when she gets back, cause if they ignore it, I'm gonna be pissed. At the very least they are like brother and sister, best friends...They care about each other and if that is just pushed aside, I think Miami will have traveled a little too far into comic book land.

Keep the love alive guys!

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Well, at least we had those scenes... I think steam literally came out of my ears when I saw that TPTB cut out the "Don't let him divide us" line... and then the scene where Calleigh was wearing the veil and standing with Eric at the alter... :scream:,:brickwall:, and :censored:... that's all I have to say about my reaction. But I think that it might be a good thing. *ducks rotten tomatoes* HEY! No, I haven't abandoned the ship... I was just overanalyzing the scene in Psych class today and this idea came to me.

There's a possibility that TPTB may be hinting at something between Calleigh and Eric--*ducks speeding bullets*-- quit breaking into Calleigh's gun collection, I'm not finished yet! That doesn't mean that it will last. Anyways, the diamonds in the veil were cubic zirconium, not real. So when you try to make a cut in glass like Calleigh does in another scene, it can't do so and it doesn't leave a mark. This parallels with the E/C dynamic... all bling, but no substance. Plus, she was in the path of the trajectory laser, signifying that the relationship will be in the line of fire and will probably be shot down before it gets anywhere.

However, in the scene where Ryan and Calleigh figure out that the diamonds aren't real, Calleigh showed Ryan that a real diamond will cut glass. As purplecat17 pointed out, this refers to the Legal scene back in season 3, but it's also symbolic of the bond between them. A diamond, as everyone knows, is the hardest compound on earth. This shows that CaRWash's relationship is more impactful and has a strong foundation already. CaRWash reminds me of a diamond in the rough... sure, it looks like an ordinary rock, but it possesses the potential to be beautiful... all it takes is patience and time to form it. That's exactly what CaRWash's relationship is like... to me at least.

If you compare a diamond to a cubic zirconium, it's infinitely better and people will obviously go with the diamond. So even though TPTB are showing E/C at the moment, it doesn't mean that CarWash is taking the backseat anytime soon ;).

Phew, too much typing *sips virgin cosmo*... I'm beginning to rival carla. *peeks out* No more throwing stuff? You guys aren't mad anymore? *crosses fingers*

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Let's stick to discussing Calleigh and Ryan in here please. Discussing other ships, especially in a derogatory manner, can lead to bad feeling, which we try to avoid in our efforts to keep Shipper Central harmonious for all shippers, whatever their preferences. ;)

Thanks.

6. WolfeWhistle

WolfeWhistle Rookie

*comes running in, out of breath*

I'm still here! I haven't jumped ship, I promise! It's just...school and other assorted distractions. Sorry for being so absent, but I'm glad to be back, especially now that we finally have new episodes.

:)

Anyway, I was thrilled to see them actually working together in the field for a change (and speaking! woot!). Wasn't quite what us diehards were hoping for, naturally, but I'll take it.

Wow! I didn't even think of that! Now that you mention it, it is reminiscent of that episode (it was Legal, wasn't it?).
    *thinks back to a simpler time*

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  7. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Sorry Lucy! I get carried away with comparative analysis... hope no one was offended.

Anyways, about new episodes, I was thinking of the episode Rio, I think it was-- great scene where Ryan calls Calleigh beautiful, but that's not the point-- and I've noticed that a lot of the characters pair up to take down the bad guys. Mostly it's just Horatio and Eric or another pairing... why isn't CaRWash one of those teams :confused:?

I can't remember if they've previously teamed up on the field or not. They already make a great team and I'd personally like to see them kick ass together. It would make for a great CaRWash episode :cool:!

8. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

I just wrote this huge long post but my computer was being a huge pain and froze on me. Anyways. It's been such a long time since I last posted, but if it counts for anything, I have been lurking, and it's still so great to have some new members, even in the midst of everything that's been going on.
    I watched 'You May Now Kill the Bride' and I just gotta say: I was totally expecting so much more from that earring scene with Ryan and Calleigh. I was practically on the edge of the couch just dying for them to exchange a 'reminiscing' smile or just briefly bring it up, but I guess not. karu_mila I like the way you think! Your little comparison to the earring thing to Calleigh & Ryan's relationship was something I could never put into words, and I love that idea, and it made me respect the scene even more. But I guess it's better than having no Calleigh & Ryan interaction at all.
    I actually forgot about the "Dont let him divide us" line, so when I came back here, I was like, that was supposed to be there? But just imagine all the squeeing that would go down if that actually made it in there..*ponders*
    I think CaRWash_Cutie posed a question about what Calleigh & Ryan would do for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Christmas, etc. Personally, in this weird mind of mine, I don't picture any of the CSI's to celebrate any holiday like that. But for the Valentine's Day one, wouldn't it be just awesome if that 'dont let him divide us' line got used in a Valentine's Day-based episode? I'm not even sure if all this makes sense, I'm kind of getting distracted.
    Hopefully we get some more CaRWash moments in the episodes to come, heck I'd be glad if we got some of that joking/flirting moments like in season 4.
    SPEAKING OF SEASON 4, I recently got the DVD boxset and I couldn't stop watching 'The Score'. Almost every scene they had together, they'd exchange those 'looks'. And I noticed that in the scene when Calleigh asks if Ryan is okay because he's squinting and he replies with something like "I'm working overtime" or something like that, and Calleigh smiles at him and goes 'okay', the SECOND he leaves, her smile turns into a frown. I don't think this paragraph has a real point to it, but I just really love it when they exchange those glances or looks, I love noticing the smallest things.

9. Hestia

Hestia Coroner

Hi everyone! It's been entirely too long since I've visited this thread and played around with the new smilies! :bolian: I haven't seen the promo that gave us that E/C switcheroo which means I didn't get a chance to freak out or groan; thank goodness! So while watching an earlier show on CBS, I see that there's a new episode of CSI Miami and I'll be darned if I didn't jump up in excitement; man, I can't remember the last time I was so happy in anticipation over a new episode of CSI Miami. Then again, I've been in CSI withdrawal so I might have even watched CSI NY if it was the first of the three that were advertising new episodes.
    Now, I missed some of the latter half of the episode. (The part with Calleigh in the veil, for instance, but I wasn't too upset. ;)) but I would have been upset if I'd missed some Ryan/Calleigh interaction! Since it happened in the middle, I wasn't... well actually, I was because the interaction we got, while decent enough, just irked me. Is it just me or did Ryan seem more, I don't know, somber? Serious, maybe? I guess he doesn't want to jeopardize his job after what happened a while ago. But come on, Calleigh was being friendly and I'm sure she would've flirted with him if he didn't seem so distant. The earring thing for example - I was just waiting for him to say something, anything, relating the earring (I think you all know why). But we got nothing! Oh Ryan, why must you aggravate me sometimes? :vulcan:

But enough annoyance. I really like your analysis karu_mila! [​IMG]

See this is what I need to read to calm my ire. Thanks! Oh, and from know on I'm gonna refer to Delko as Eric Zirconium. :lol: Or how about Zirco? Leme think about that with a nice virgin cosmo! (I really miss these! I hope I can still have one or two even though I've been away for so long!)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  10. Dutchie

Dutchie Coroner

Hestia, you can always come in here and sip a virgin cosmo, no matter how long you're absent. You get them on the house (or should I say on the thread?):lol:

Karu, If you take out the part where you invited Lucy into our thread (*waves*) I totally agree with you. In my eyes (which are the eyes of a CaRWash Queen, so this shouldn't be surprising) CaRWash goes so deep, it's unbreakable. Their relationship, even if you don't look at it romantically, has something that no watcher of CSI:Miami can deny: they feel comfortable around each other. I mean, not all the time, but the majority of it. When she isn't yelling at him :p

Anyway, I could go on and on but let's not do that. I haven't seen the episode yet, but after the stories I have no rush to. Too bad there wasn't a comment made in the episode about the earring.:( That would've been the ultimate continuity. I haven't watched CSI:Miami since...like Deep Freeze I think. But I know about the CaRWash moments so I have seen those (like the one in 610 CSI: My Nanny). Not that we have many this season.:rolleyes:

Jelian, I love the Score and that scene I think is very significant. I enjoy watching it every time. A related scene that I love even more is the one in 'Skeletons', where Ryan's pictures are blurry, and Calleigh questions him on it. He says nothing is wrong with his eyes but he needs a new camera. Calleigh tells him not to lie to her and see a docter. Next scene? Ryan is downstairs at Alexx'.:wtf: He listened to her, because he knows she only wants what's best for him. Season 4 will always be my favorite, no matter how much other people hated it.

Welcome back WolfeWhistle! Don't worry, I and probably a lot of other people in this thread know that school and real life can be a bitch. We'll be here waiting for you whenever you have time.

I am REALLY glad that Calleigh saves herself. That's the kick-ass 'I-can-take-care-of-myself' Calleigh we know and love. But what I don't understand is why Eric has to be there, again. It's like he's superglued to her or something. And I don't want to insult any Eric/Calleigh shipper with this, but in season 3/4 it was always Ryan who was with Calleigh, and in late season 5/season 6 it's always Eric. I know that the change was made because Ryan got fired, but now he's back, I personally think he should be kept an eye on (not necesarily in a bad way), and who would be better to do that than his old mentor, Calleigh? That's what would've made sense to me (although it's probably just the shipper in me wanting more scenes).

11. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

It's okay. :)

*waves back* :D

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Oh good, I thought I was in trouble for a moment. *waves at Lucy* I'll have to be more careful next time.

Anyways...

Calleigh should totally babysit Ryan... wait, maybe babysit is the wrong word. Anyways, while it's great that Calleigh can kick major ass-- hello, ranting and raving feminist here-- I would like to see Ryan be more involved. They ought to team up on the field 'cause they are obviously equals and we never see them outside the lab or crime scene. About the shift from Ryan to Eric during the seasons...hmm, I sense a pattern here. Interaction seems to come full circle every two seasons so if I calculated right, Ryan should be back to season 3 goodness by next season... I hope!
    Ooh, in the next episode, maybe they'll have a continuation of 'Thanks, babe'!

13. CaRWash_Cutie

CaRWash_Cutie Rookie

I totally loved the diamond discussion karu_mila! And I agree with Nikki in that whether CaRWash is romantic or the ultimate friendship, they ARE comfortable with each other. He really is her sounding board and her childish side, I want to say. Not that he's childish, but he helps to remind her to take it easy and not be so serious all the time. She's his barrier and his checkpoint so that he doesn't go too far off the deep end, plus she's always been the one that believed in him. Even when Alexx and Eric and everyone was still very leery of him, she accepted him and tried really hard to make sure he was part of the team.

Oh, good news:

Ryan IS there when they "rescue" Calleigh!!! YAY!!!! Now if we don't get a reunion scene I'm gonna be really mad cause he'll be right there! And he's wearing yellow which is Calleigh's signature sunshine color, which I see as a very good sign! I'm interested to see how this plays out!

Keep the love alive guys!

14. jelian

jelian Dead on Arrival

Dutchie, I'm with you there. It's the only season where, personally, to me, everything was great CaRWash-wise and things we're unravelling all at once.

I don't think I can wait that long for Ryan to return back to season 3 goodness by next season, I think I might just have to kill myself. I really hope this upcoming episode will give us at least SOMETHING to be hopeful about for CaRWash, because as far as I'm concerned, I didn't see Ryan at all in the promo that HCrazy posted on YouTube. If we had a continuation of 'Thanks, babe', I'd probably kill myself from internally squeeing too much.

if this really belongs in a spoiler or not, but I won't take that chance :p. I think it's about time that Ryan be there for Calleigh in her time of need, what, with getting kidnapped and whatnot. Like Dutchie said, Eric seems to always be there, and it's kind of like they forgot that, hello, Ryan exists.

I'm almost hesitant to watching the new episode because I always seem to get my hopes up (I have got to learn to stop reading spoilers) and then when nothing goes as planned or if it was something I didn't want happening and it did, I get all depressed and mad at TPTB. Hopefully this next episode they have airing has some decent CaRWash moments.

15. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Hello dear shippers :) I'm glad to see I am not the only one who has popped by after being absent for a while.

Regarding London's question as to what Calleigh and Ryan would do on the different holidays... Somehow, I don't really picture them as those who give real importance to all celebrations. For example, Valentine's Day, maybe they would go on a nice romantic dinner out, but I could also picture them at home, cuddling on the couch :) That's quality time together anyway. Exchanging some simple gifts on Christmas, but nothing too fancy, maybe joining the lab people on a party. OMG, this made me think of Invincible *eyes Nikki*

What happened in 6x10? *is curious* Show me? I wish I could watch the episodes :rolleyes: But yes, unfortunately, we haven't had enough remarkable moments, or else I would have known of some at least, and I only know of Cyber-Lebrity.

As for the episode, I didn't get my hopes too high from the spoilers, thankfully, because it turned out to have nothing really special. They worked together, so that's already better than nothing ;) But I really wish they had made any kind of reference to the previous earring scene of Legal. It would have made a good scene, even if not shippy, they could have made it funny, throwing some joke from either Calleigh or Ryan. Because then the other one would laugh, and they would both smile, and those smiles they give to each other are heart warming :D And it would have been Miami's TPTB chance of making it up for the lack of continuity they have shown :p

I loved that. I couldn't have said it better myself. In the actual season, you'd have to look with real attention to see the chemistry between those two, but the special connection they have cannot be denied ;) And everything was going in the right direction as of season's 3 and 4, and even sometimes in season 5. But now TPTB definitely needs to let them have time to form it aka more scenes together...As for patience, well, I suppose we, CaRWashers, all majored on that one :lol:

So Calleigh gets kidnapped, that's interesting. I'm curious to see how that turns out. It seems like super-H isn't the one saving her :eek:, and better yet, she's saving herself?! Wow, things seem to be going in the right direction. :p No, honestly, I'm glad she's saving herself; as much as I'd die for a Ryan-helps-Calleigh-out-and-saves-the-day scene, the Calleigh I love would get out of the trouble herself. Which doesn't mean that then, Ryan won't be there to support her, telling her how glad he is that she's ok (ala Going Under). But this time, they even have everything to make Ryan be on the scene instead of Eric and H, so that he can give her a hug right away or something? That'd be so lovely. Ok, that probably won't happen, so I'm sticking to the hope of having him there in the first place, and saying something sweet :) Now if they totally ignore everything and make him being stupid and just go on, that will be wrong and I will be pissed :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.