Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Calleigh & Ryan #7: "You’re fantastic" - CaRWash

The Writer's Strike is over, and from what I've heard we're getting about 8 new episodes this season. What do you think should happen in them, CaRWash wise?

I'm jumping on the bonding idea. It would be nice to have them on a case and something happen and just not only angst stuff happen. give them something to 'talk' about, a way to understand each other more. and a hug! :D

Have you guys seen the new interview with Emily Procter?

I almost didn't read past the beginning bit... it was all about the love triangle between Calleigh, Jake and Delko. But after that she talked a bit more about general stuff and her relationship with the other members of the cast.

CSI Files : Do you think Calleigh is frustrated with Ryan Wolfe's (Jonathan Togo) recent bad boy behavior?

Procter : I will let you in on some inside scoop. Jon Togo and I have a deep love affair in real life; he makes me laugh like nobody's business! They have been keeping us separated [on screen] for a while. He's such a cut up! I start laughing and I can't stop. I can usually make it through scenes where I'm yelling at him because it's such an opposite emotion, but in lab scenes there's just lots of laughing.

CSI Files : Ryan was something of Calleigh's protégé when he started; do you think she's frustrated with him now, after his gambling got him fired?

Procter : I think Calleigh's so regimented that she wishes he'd step back into line. She's like an older sister that way!

I don't really know what to think about this... on the one hand it seems as though they are keeping the two of them apart on purpose, which doesn't sound like good news for us for the rest of the season. On the other hand, if they enjoy working together so much the chances are that they will be wanting to work together again... which would be good news for us.

I think I need to read this through a couple more times before I can decide whether it's good news or bad news for our ship. But I just thought you guys would be interested to see that.

Dang, you beat me to the good news Salean! :lol:

I think this is excellent news because it shows that the DO have chemistry together and actor chemistry often spills over to character chemistry. This whole article has got me hopping and excited like I haven't been about CSI Miami in a long time! I'm having a feeling that after the "refreshing" (read LONG) break, the writers have have regained the greatness of Miami. I know I'm probably over optomistic, but hey, a girl can dream, right? ;)

About the laughing thing Emily was talking about, have you guys ever noticed that at the end of some scenes, the cast memebers are fighting back laughter? I was watching an episode with her and Jon together and she was biting back the smile the last thirty seconds of screen time. Made me crack up! I wish I could remember what episode it was, but i'll get back to you on that one. A lot of epis have that trademark, and not even just with Emily and Jon.

All in all, I think this is good news because maybe we'll get the more playful scenes again because if they are cracking up during serious scenes, then the only scenes they CAN get through are the flirty funny CaRWash ones!

Update!!!!

I just got some wicked cool news about the upcoming epi of Miami! What are the rules as they apply to spolier information? Does it have to be put in the spolier forum before we can talk about it here?

Keep the love alive!!!!

Sorry :p Couldn't help myself.

Now that I've had a chance to think about what she said a bit more I'm taking it as a good sign too. It certainly shows that we haven't just plucked a ship out of nowhere. They have chemistry, chemistry people!!

The bit that I was having trouble with is when she describes Calleigh as being a good 'big sister' to Ryan. Because that just weirded me out a bit. But we move on, move over that. We know that's not really how they feel about each other.

I think that if you put it in a spoiler box it's fine... doesn't have to have been posted in the spoiler thread. Of course, I don't actually know... but that's what I assume anyway.
*holds breath in excited anticipation of this spoiler*

As for the laughing thing, I've not noticed it in Miami but I was watching an episode of LV today and I noticed something similar at the beginning of a scene. I will have to look out for that more in Miami.

Okay, here's the scoop I got from HCrazy:

So there's bad news and good news for us CaRWashers...On the bad side, it seems as if good old Stetler is stirring up the pot again and trying to drive a wedge between our lovely couple. As a result, Ryan leaps before he looks AGAIN, and Calleigh gets a "little" upset with him (okay more like a flashback from Death Pool 100, but we'll try to look past that)

On the plus side, this epi focuses on a wedding gone bad. Calleigh and Ryan are working together on the case (not exculsively, but they DO have a lot of scenes together) Their first job is to process the altar. Coincidence? I think not! ;) While they are processing the altar Ryan makes a comment about Stetler stirring up the pot and Calleigh says something to the effect of "Don't let him divide us Ryan". Now, looking at that statement with CaRWash colored glasses on, I can't help be reminded of when Calleigh and Jake kinda got in trouble for seeing each other and working together. Stetler's interference drove a slight wedge between her and Jake for a while. With this scene between Calleigh and Ryan in the new episode, Calleigh's saying she doens't want to be separated from her one-time protege is a good sign!:D

And to top that off, remember in an early season three epi (Nikki will know which one I'm talking about!;)) where Ryan mentions a conference he went to where Calleigh spoke about using you earrings to process crime scenes? ("the stud attached to the back of your earring" I think were the exact words) Well in this epi Calleigh actually uses her diamond earing to prove that the diamonds in the veil are fake. Chalk one up to continuity! And CaRWash continuity at that!

Well, it looks like we have something to look forward too! This was early script information, so it may have changed by now, but that's what I found out so far. Shooting starts Monday, and before you know it, we'll have new CaRWash on our TV screens! :D

London, out!

I hope they keep the CaRWash scenes in the episode when they film it.

I wish they would stop with Ryan making mistake after mistake. Give the guy a break! *shakes head* I don't know what is meant by 'Ryan leaps before he looks again' but I'm guessing it either means that he forgets to follow protocol (again), although that would be a little embarassing for him since he was a witness when Natalia broke protocol with the evidence, OR Stetler is wanting the CSIs to do something that none of them agree with, but Ryan does it anyway because, let's face it, the last thing he needs right now is to anger Stetler again. If the latter is the case, then I can understand it. If it is the former then I will be annoyed. Surely it's time for Delko to mess up again? Then Calleigh can be angry at him, rather than Ryan.

Of course Calleigh doesn't want Stetler to split them up, he already did that when he fired Ryan. Maybe the writers are trying to imply something with Stetler interfering with Calleigh and Ryan... because it seems to be very similar to the way he interfered with Calleigh and Jake. But anyway, they have scenes together!!!! :D Even if they are arguing for part of the episode, hopefully we'll have some nice flirty banter between them... or at least a scene that we can claim as a proper CaRWash moment! :) I hope so. I hope it's the earring scene. I really hope that they don't just skim over the fact that Ryan heard Calleigh say that at a seminar. That would make for such a good scene, her using her earring and then Ryan commenting about it, or even just an amused glance between them. Just something to show that they haven't forgotten :)

All in all, I think I'm now looking forward to this episode, I'll admit that some parts have me a little apprehensive... but still. It should be good. :)

You meant 304 Legal, London? ;) Because I'm me, here's the exact quote (should I mention it's from the top of my head? :lol:)

Ryan: "I took this criminalist's seminar once...evaluating evidence. The visiting lecturer said a CSI's job is to think outside the box. Sometimes, your best tool is the stud attached to your earring...she said. Those are nice earrings by the way."
Calleigh: *wicked grin* "You took my class."

Ah, good ol' CaRWash love. Anyway, on to the spoilers:

Firstly, I have to say I'm very, VERY excited for these spoilers. (knowing TPTB they'll probably cut it, but...) It's the first real CARWASH spoiler since...last season? And although the reason is bad, I mean, Ryan screwing up, hmm, haven't I heard that before? Like 87634650467107 times? :eek: Ok, ok, I love my CaRWash Angst, but there's a limit to things, EVEN to CaRWash Angst. They do make great video scenes though. But I'd really like to get some of my fluff back. That said, Calleigh commenting in a way like: "don't let him divide us", means to me that 1) she cares, 2) she doesn't want to be divided from him again 3) did I mention: SHE CARES? :eek: I love when things work out in the end. Maybe Calleigh's comment will finally make Ryan realize what an idiot he's being, and maybe he'll start learning to watch his steps. After all, I can't imagine he'd like to be fired again. And if Calleigh says so, well... OH, and I almost forgot to mention, if Ryan actually comments on her using her earring, I'm gonna squee so loud. ;)

Well, I'm not sure how much we can trust this information. I mean, Eva LaRue was excited about her triangle with Ryan and Eric too, and how long did that last? Like 3 episodes? So... I'm pretty cool about this. I do however loved how she commented on Jon :D I've asked him to comment on it, I'll let you know if/when he does.

Told you guys she would come through for us! :D Love ya Nikki! ;) :lol:

I'm so excited for the new epi I can hardly wait! Even if it doesn't turn out all that great for CaRWash THIS episode, it's Miami...anything can (and usually does) happen! ;) I'm I'm just warning you now..if the earring scene gets cut like the Horatio plane crash did last year...it's not gonna be pretty! :lol:

So I was thinking about the interview Emily did and I was thinking about how the cast loves to play around and joke and stuff, and wouldn't it be cool if we could get Emily and Jon to fake a kiss on camera? I remember this one interview that ET did one time with Marg and Billy from CSI Vegas and those two hamed it up for the camera and gave a mini make out session. Wouldn't that be fun if we got the CaRWash version? I can think of SO many icons and stuff that could create! :lol: That would be the best joke EVER! And come on, it's not like we have HCrazy to make us wicked cool manips of Calleigh and Ryan! (if you've seen her work you know what I'm talking about! ;) ) And I hope you notice the joking tone in my text guys!

To brighten up the dulldrums of waiting for a new episode, I rediscovered an old favorite fic that I'd like to share with you guys... There is a TON of cute CaRWash scenes in it and a super awesome kiss scene! It's by cali-chan on ff.net and it's called 36: In Too Deep . Check it out! After reading it again I had awesome CaRWash dreams for like a week! :lol:

Well, gotta run...Keep the love alive guys!

I love how an earthquake the other end of the country has caused my school to have a power cut and be shut down for the day. :D

Anyway, onto the CaRWashness of joy.
Heh heh, I'm really excited about that episode now. Well, as I said before, excited and apprehensive. I guess there's some scenes that I will probably be trying to filter out... but I'll manage. I agree with Dutchie , CaRWash angst is good, but there is a limit! I miss the fluffy moments... Heh heh, hopefully we'll have a few. Oooooooh, just thought, maybe we might see some kind of 'make-up' scene, if they've argued. How cool would that be? Where they apologise, Ryan maybe explains his actions... Calleigh gives him another mini-lecture but is ultimately there for him... That would be awesome...

Yeah, I know CaRWash_ Cutie , if that scene gets cut... I remember in Sara's last episode in LV there was meant to be a Sandle argument and when that was cut from the final episode, a lot of people were very angry. If they take another of my ships' scenes from me I will not be happy.

Heh heh heh. I would love for Emily and Jon to do that. It would be amazing. Her joke of "Jon Togo and I have a deep love affair in real life" made me very happy, so I would love for them to do something like that. :D

I'll check out that fic. It sounds good.

Salean, that's amazing :lol: Lucky you!

I always come through for you, London! ;) Plus, I couldn't help myself from posting the entire quote, LOL.

Ah, I remember Carla's fic. Yes, it was nice. Long, scientific, but nice. Which reminds me: GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE, MISSY! I need you to put up my gallery!

Yes, well, I for one was pissed that Sandle scene was cut, but then again I didn't mind that they wouldn't argue. I agree, if this CaRWash scene gets cut, I will bite someone.

Jon and Emily have so much chemistry in real life, in every interview they state how much fun they have filming, I remember Emily's "not my Togo!" comment, and "It's like a normal day of work, Jon tries to remember his lines and then I go and make him laugh" (or something among those lines). Like I said, I've asked him to comment on Emily's 'love affair' revelation, so let's all pray he does, yes? :p

Btw: I know I shouldn't be too excited about the recent spoilers because I almost always end up being disappointed, but I can't help myself!!

well, at least they should have some scene together. that is always a good start. and ten they can remember why exactly they liked each other so much and we may get an out of work scene. well, the last part was pretty much wishful thinking but there is still the next season

I think I heard or read an interview somewhere in which they said that they've made a general rule in Miami that they never follow the characters home, so almost all of their interaction is in the lab or in the field, with a few exceptions when the characters are kind of... in-between places... if that makes sense. I don't know if they still hold to that (seems to me they might have broken it slightly with Horatio, and also with Calleigh's recent episode), but it might rule out any outside of work scenes for us.

I love the 'Not with my Togo' interview. It made me laugh so much. :D I really hope he comments on the 'love affair' comment. It would be so awesome to hear what he says...

I'm really excited about the spoilers too, but, as I said before, still slightly apprehensive over some aspects. I really hope we aren't disappointed.

SPOILER BOXXES!! They make me giddy! They also make me want to write. They make my world go round. (You spin me round round baby round round.)

*ahem* I love Emily's chemistry with Jon. It's... lighter than with everyone else. Perhaps it is because of all the joking that goes on between the two, but you can't have a relationship without the lightheartedness. Otherwise.. it's just... yeah.

I am very excited for the upcoming new episodes. Seeing all of these BIG spoiler boxes... I'm tempted to read them but I wont.. I won't I wont. *give shifty eyes*

'Tis true... the lightheartedness does wonders. I remember watching season three for the first time (mind you, this was my first time watching CSI: Miami) and I absolutely fell in love with Ryan and Calleigh *drifts off*... I actually thought they were together. Now I'm stuck watching reruns and this is what I have to say for brand new episodes... YES!!! *finally new potential CaRWash!* :D

*notices weird looks* Oops, sorry for rambling... I'm a long time lurker and first time posting. I actually read through all the threads first before deciding to post... probably because of my OCD or the fact that I'm an English minor. Anyways, do any of you CaRWash experts know where to find some decent CaRWash fanfiction? I've already read Dutchie and Luna 's wonderful fics and all the others at fanfiction.net and am obssessing for more.

Anyways, nice meeting you all!

Wow, karu_mila, you've read all my fics? I'm flattered! Welcome to the CaRWash thread! :)

Lightheartedness rocks. Whenever I hear Emily talk about the things she and Jon do on set (tease each other so they can't get their sentences out), I feel like their job must be SO MUCH FUN! (I wanna be on CSI:Miami too, pwease? I'll be Horatio's secret hidden daughter who's lived her life in Holland but now returns to America to find her dad! How do you mean that's unrealistic? Hello, this is CSI:Miami. :rolleyes:)

About more fanfiction, you've read everything from the CaRWash C2 at ff.net? :eek: Ok... well then there's a couple of links you should check out:

CSI-Forensics
It's not much but it's something.

Things Happen by Ragnorök's fic
A series. There's an order, mind you.

I'm afraid that's pretty much it. You could always search LiveJournal out, there's several CaRWash communities that may have some fics that haven't been posted. Besides that, all you can do it be like me: wait for something new to pop on ff.net. :(

Oh come on Heather, you know you wanna know. :devil:

Right, before I forget, this is my last post here for 2 weeks. I'm going to Italy tomorrow on exchange for 2 weeks. I might be able to check in, but I might not. So...don't forget me, play nice, and keep the thread alive and in one piece yes? Oh, and don't fight about the couch. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back