"Burn Out" Discussion **Spoilers**

just finished watching it, awsome ep I love it how they keep us entertained and keep CSI so fresh for 7 seasons, this ep realy showed Griss needed a break but i dont want him to go!!! will we still see him doing his teachings or w/e or will he not even be in the show? how long will he be gone?

I'll start by saying I enjoyed the ep for a change simply because AT did a phenomenal job. Of course, I expected nothing less from him.

That said, I officially can't stand Grissom. Who does he think he is? Seeing him treat Greg like a worthless n00b really brought back some hostility I had towards him from back when he treated Nick like dirt. It was almost worth it, though, just to see Greg completely OWN him. Way to abuse you power, nimrod. I also noticed he said zilch to Sara after she said the music was her idea. Way to keep it out of the workplace, *insert name here that I'll spare our resident tweens from reading*.

Even if Sara was lying for Greg, good for her! Grissom needed to be knocked down a few pegs.

Grissom needs to seriously FOAD. I may be in the minority, but I'm counting the eps till his hiatus. Don't people hate Ecklie because he uses his power to demean others? I'm sensing a double standard!

And just to end this on a good note... even more <3 for Alan Tudyk!!! :D

What's FOAD?

btw I never call these things before the end; I was looking at the grandfather as a suspect and the pedophile had me fooled for a bit.

at first i felt bad for greg when griss told him to turn off the music....but i had a migraine today that came on suddenly and i immediately couldn't stand sound, so i can understand why griss snapped at greg...

it was a good episode, but i found it just a little bit too predictable....

I really don't think Gris was intentionally being mean. He had a migraine. I've had migraines, and it's worse when you have to work through them, when you can't go home and shut yourself away from the world. When I get them, I can't eat. I can't have any noise or sound or light stimulation because it's too much to bear. It's overwhelming. And it affects judgment and mood. You get irritable, you get mean. I've snapped at people I love dearly because of awful headaches and migraines.

I mean, sure, Gris shouldn't have been so rough on Greg, but, A: Gris has been rough on pretty much everyone at one piont or another (pretty much... there are exceptions); B: The stimulus was too much from the noise. He might have just been getting some control over the migraine, and that's enough to flare it up, again.

Grissom was venting. No, he didn't do it in the right direction, but I'm not pissed at him for it because I get that he was in a lot of pain, overstimulated, and frustrated. It's almost impossible to focus and think when you have a migraine. And, here he is, trying to find two little boys, knowing that every second they are gone makes it more likely that they are dead.

I get pissed at Ecklie because he is manipulative and uses people and situations for his own betterment. Grissom was snapping at Greg because he was hurting, overstimulated, stressed and frightened. Really, he was afraid they wouldn't find those boys in time... Grissom snapped because he was trying to save someone, not because he was trying to make himself look better, as Ecklie would do.

I don't think Gris was picking on Greg, or trying to belittle him, or questioning his abilities as a CSI as much as he was just pissed at the world and not handling it the best way because of the added weight of a migraine. Sara got that, and she gently reminded him to treat Greg with a little more decorum, which he did. He was really gracious with Greg when the gasoline came through, and I really don't think Greg did it to spite Grissom, or show Grissom how good he was, or anything. They had a common goal: Trying to get to those kids if they were still alive, trying not to have one more body to examine.

And, I love Alan Tudyk, forever. I want to just watch his face in all the different scenes, because his face is so expressive. You can feel so much emotion even with the volume muted when that man is filling your screen. :)

UGH... this story, the sleasy/slime scourge of the earth :( gutter rats..pedophiles :mad:and to preface this one I loved Hodges line "I don't know why pedophiles don't just kill theirselves"
clap.gif
good one. probably the best . or one of the best lines he's ever spoken ;)and nice grampa..when you blow it with your kids, you have a second chance with your grandkids.. don't throw them against a door. how cruel.and disturbing....and I even liked Sofia, and her interogation of this grampa..and at the end with the little boy.. so gentle and kind .. and Greg.. and Sara..and Nick.. and Warrick ;) and Brass :lol: on his toes as usual.. short buzz cut I noticed.. and then Grissom/. and he didn't yell at Greg.. he was stern, after all, he is his boss :rolleyes:and he showed his soft gentle side with Greg in "Fannysmakin" and Sara did stick up for him.. and her and Grissom .. so in tune with one another as always.. poor little boys.. no real affection from family members.. :( and went to this creep for comfort, not knowing he was a sick mother>>>>> :mad:and WP's incredible acting.. his timing so precise and so perfect..and that gorgeous face..he's the best actor on TV..tantalizing :p there's no one that can ever take his place in this role..he pulls no punches... :p and the headaches.. did that whole expierence start this..? or has it been on going? HMMMM.. all in all good ep..

What's FOAD?
Let's just say it's an acronym for a reason. :lol: It means something off and die.

Perhaps i overreact a tad. I dont HATE Grissom, I just don't like him. He seems dull and self-important. Two qualities I can't stand in people!

I understand that migraines suck, but that doesn't justify his behavior IMO. I don't act that way. Plus, I didn't see him snap at Sara. If we had seen the following:

SARA: Yeah, the music...totally mine
GRISS: WELL YOU BEST TURN IT OFF BEFORE I HAFTA PLAY A GAME OF SMACK-A-HO!

I would have gained a whole new respect for Grissom. :lol:

Re: Gris not giving Sara a verbal smackdown:

I think she caught him off-guard. He was pissed and... oh, I'm not going into it all again. Anyway, he had pinpointed Greg for his frustration, but then, Sara threw him a curveball, and I think it threw him off.

If he yells at her in the workplace, he could piss off his girlfriend, and that would suck, because yelling at her in this case isn't really justified because it's not like they turned on the music just in spite of him...

Also, though, if he says, "Honey, you know what I'm dealing with here..." that wouldn't go over too well with Greg in the room, either.

I think she just totally threw him off, and he didn't know what to say, so he shut down, like old times. I actually laughed quite hard at that moment, as did my fiance. It's just how she stops him dead in his tracks, before he can really rant. Whether or not she was covering, she knew what to say to help him get perspective back a little.

And, I can't make you love Grissom! :) So, to each his/her own! :) At least we have common ground in the form of the absolutely incredible ALAN TUDYK!

I've been screaming throughout the world about his casting since I saw the bulletin. I can't wait for my mom to watch the ep tmra (Church group on Thursdays, so she TiFaux's it) and call me. She's only seen Alan Tudyk as "Wash" from "Firefly," so, I can't wait to see what she thought of him in a serious role.

Oh, of course, Alan Tudyk, along with every member of the Firefly cast, really, is a gem among actors. As much as I really don't approve of Joss Whedon for many of the creative decisions he made, the man definitely has an eye for casting talent.

AT was absolutely incredible tonight. He made me feel for a pediphile, and I honestly never thought that was possible. He just nailed every scene. There aren't enough kudos in the universe.

This episode touched apon a very sensitive topic... and after watching it I felt dirty. Like 'I want to take a shower and scrub myself raw' dirty. It was just very haunting, getting into the mind of someone so sick. It was both horrifying and fascinating at the same time; you wanted him to shut his mouth and never be allowed to say anything every again, and yet you wanted to hear every word he had to say. Yet I was very disappointed with the fact that there was no character insight. I think that if someone like Richard J Lewis or Sarah Goldfinger had written the episode we would have gotten that. Billy had some wonderful acting in it, though, so you have to give it that, and the scene with Sofia and Jason made me smile. I thought it was a pretty slow-moving episode, though.

FINALLY an episode which I'm throughly impressed with! With the exception of the first few this season, I haven't been too excited for this season.

The acting by everyone was fantastic. I'm glad Grissom started having migranes. That was a nice little continuity I enjoyed. Not that he's having them, but the fact that he still gets them when he's frustrated.

Anyways, LOVED this episode!

I loved this episode
Greg looked especially hot.
It doesnt look like Nicks hair is growing that fast.
i hope he doesnt keep it like that for the whole season :(
that would be shitty.
i hope he grows it long again.
or medium like the spiked one.
just not BUZZED.

When that guy was like I loved him and he loved me.
I was like Creeper..
that was just messed up/
& then it kept beeping cause there was an amber alert.
couldnt have been loud enough :eek:

Grissom snapping at Greg

I know some people are ticked with Griss for snapping at Greg, but I thought Greg handled it very well.

Kudos to Sara for defending him.

But everybody knows that sooner or later your boss is gonna crab at your for something. They have bad days too and in Grissom's defense, he did have a migraine.

I thought Billy Petersen did a great job of demonstrating how much physical pain Grissom was in and yet he still showing that Grissom had a job to do. Great subtleness there!!!

I thought everyone did a great job.

OFF TOPIC-SCREENTIME

You know I think for some people here on the board, when they have favourite character that happens to be one of the stars of the show, the fans of that character get a little spoiled by the amount of screemtime their charcters get.

So when a supporting character like Nick, Greg or Warrick get a story to themselves, those fans of the main stars get their backs up.

The fact is, this is an emsemble cast. A fact that even eludes TPTB at times in my opinion. Greg went with very little screentime last season other then the one-liners and the jokes. Therefore his character has earned episodes like 'Fannysmackin' and if it pans out, 'Post Mortem'.

Warrick is seriously overdue an episode or two of his own and Nick needs the arcs of his storylines completed.

But in TPTB's defense with Warrick, Gary Dourdan has been filming some movies in the past year. We can't deny the guy those kinds of opportunites!!

BACK ON TOPIC

This was very creepy!

Billy Petersen was outta this world in this ep!
As for the migraine, the symptoms vary from person to person. When my brother gets them, he can't see out of one eye, and what he does see are spots. It usually lasts about a day, and he usually just stays in bed. They are brought on by stress. And, believe me, he gets very cranky!! But I know other people who get them, and they can function somewhat with them.

I didn't think that what Grissom said to Greg was that bad.
But I'm glad Sara told him he need's to be nicer to Greg.
I think that he realized that he was taking his migraine out on Greg. Thats why he had no response to Sara, when she said it was her that had the music on, not because she's his girlfriend.

Poor Grissom! He was so sad! :( I for one, unlike other people, will miss Grissom when he goes away! :p

Back