"Burn Out" Discussion **Spoilers**

Destiny

Still Sanity Challenged!
Premium Member
CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
Air Date: Thursday, November 02, 2006
Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
Episode Title: (#706) "Burn Out"

GRISSOM SUSPECTS THAT A KNOWN NEIGHBORHOOD SEX OFFENDER MAY BE INVOLVED IN THE DISAPPEARANCE OF TWO YOUNG BOYS.

When two young boys are reported missing, Grissom goes head to head with a neighborhood pedophile in order to find them. -- a known neighborhood sex offender is the primary suspect. In an attempt to extract his confession, Grissom asks for the pedophile's help in catching the boys' abductor. However, the case turns out to be much more complicated than Grissom or the rest of the CSI team ever expected.

Series Regulars:
Gil Grissom: William Petersen
Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
Warrick Brown: Gary Dourdan
Nick Stokes: George Eads
Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
Sara Sidle: Jorja Fox
Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
Sofia Curtis: Louise Lombard
Hodges: Wallace Langham

Guest Cast:
David Phillips: David Berman
Officer Metcalf: Joseph Patrick Kelly
Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell
Carl Fisher: Alan Tudyk
Dawn Hanson: Betsy Brandt
Perry Haber: Seth Peterson
Lucas Hanson: Ridge Canipe
Eric Crowley: Drew Matthews
Terrance Crowley: Clifton Powell
Stripper: Valerie Mikita
Gerald Crowley: David Ramsey
Pizza Gal: Brittany Ishibashi
Female Passenger: Ingrid Oliu-Ostrom
Bus Driver: Glenn Taranto
Margaret Finn: Palmer Davis
Brad Lewis: Terry Bozeman
Police Officer: Paul Ganus
Paula Francis: Paula Francis

Thanks To The Futon Critic

I think Burn out effects everyone not just Grissom, but it does effect him the mostand I think Greg too because of what's coming next in Post Mortem. I think we will be seeing both Grissom & Greg angst this episode.

Oh my gawd! It's Alan Tudyk! That makes him the third Firefly/Serenity cast member to be on CSI (the franchise), right?

Oh yes, I was saying that when they announced it, plus I had seen that cast listing on IMDB for that epi..that's him, plus Gina and Summer.

I don't watch the Miami one, only the original so I didn't know he'd been on the Miami one, now to get Sean on the LV one, or Nathan or Adam, it'd be perfect!

Wojo said:
I think Burn out effects everyone not just Grissom, but it does effect him the mostand I think Greg too because of what's coming next in Post Mortem. I think we will be seeing both Grissom & Greg angst this episode.

But I also think this episode could be a great opportunity for some Nick angst. After everything what happened to him, I would rather expect him to burn out than Grissom. And then this case with two missing boys and a pedophile, we know that Nick has problems with cases involving kids especially boys and the possibility of sexual abuse.

This sounds like a thrilling episode, I can't wait to see it. I wonder how complicated this case is going to be and what the effects are going to be on the team, especially on Grissom and Nick...

See, I don't really know where Greg stands on cases with children. Of course, I don't think he would take it easy, but we have never really seen him with kids (except for that time when he found one in the tub thing by the dumpsters) But I don't know.. I think the case will effect them all, Grissom mostly and possibly Nick, but I think Greg will be mostly preoccupied with the media. At least towards the end of the episode. I don't think they will have it throughout the epi, but I'm sure they will have something about Post Mortem at least towards the end.

But definitely a great episode for Grissom, and possibly Nick and Greg...

hmm.. and Warrick is still missing.. ?

I think the Nick angst will be visible, I think that the job is getting to him, that part in the preview, I think it was from this epi when Dave said that sometimes the job got to him and Nick said that it got to him too.

Greg, he may be preoccupied, but, I think between that scene from "no humans involved" when he found the child in that dumpster and in the epi where the baby was left in the car and died, the way there was that edge to him that even Catherine noticed, I think there will be some Greg emotions...between the beating, the inquest that's coming up, what is probably starting in the media and now this case, I think it's a lot for Greg.

But you know, he just may put all that aside and have just tunnel vision when it comes to the case, not showing that anything is bothering him.

It's going to be very interesting to see especially if Nick and he are really working it together because I've always thought that while they all let cases get to them, Nick and Greg are the most empathetic, and where it does involve children it going to be a rough one for them.

bine said:
But I also think this episode could be a great opportunity for some Nick angst. After everything what happened to him, I would rather expect him to burn out than Grissom. And then this case with two missing boys and a pedophile, we know that Nick has problems with cases involving kids especially boys and the possibility of sexual abuse.
But Nick is with Warrick on the back burner so I doubt we'll see much Nick at all this season. Of course, what he went through would have had anybody royally screwed up, but according to TPTB - Nick's not interesting enough.

If it's Greg and Grissom angst - I'll gladly skip this eppy all together. *shudders at the thought*

Yeah, doesn't it suck having to watch all the characters except the one you want to get all the good storylines? Luckily, TPTB are venturing to other characters. I'm sure Nick will get something because they did say that his experiences will be revisited and apparently it will be Warrick that will be there for him. And, even though Nick is not my favorite, I will happily watch because I am a fan of CSI, not just Greg.

No it doesn't suck, I just won't watch, that's all. Character storylines was not the reason I watched CSI, and that is all I have gotten this year. Personal tragedies with little to nothing of cases. I'm not into soaps, and that is what CSI is fast becoming. I could stand watching greg angsting all over the place because he leaves me totally cold but since even the cases are so dull, there's really nothing left to watch.

Back