Broken (Vegas RP)

((For those who don't know who Brenda is, she is Dakota Fanning in her "younger years" :p *pauses and stares off, remembering what Cassi looks like* Ok, ready. Mandi, I could go for that.. for some reason, I see them adopting Cassi (Re: Gum Drops)

Actually, csiadict11, you just reminded me of the one where the two girls want a cat from that one lady and had killed the old woman for it. They had rehersed stories. o.o))

Nick gazed through the mirror to the two girls from the other room, jaw set. He never liked it when children were involved in cases, remembering several past ones with orphans that always wrenched his stomach into knots. He let out a quiet sigh and leaned against the wall, his eyes falling on the younger girl, Brenda.

"Hey, you alright?" Cath asked as she came up from behind him and grabbed his shoulders and messaged them a little, to relax him.

Nick turned his head some and looked back at her, letting his shoulders relax some under Cath's grip. "Kinda.. I guess so. It's just one of these cases y'know?"

"I know what you mean Nicky, I couldn't imagine having my little girl in here. Too much for me to handle." Cath said with a sigh as she continued to message his shoulders. "I'm here for ya though Nicky."

Nick soon relaxed a bit more and he then turned to face her fully. "Thanks Cath.. Same here." He replied, a hint of a smile on his face.

Cath smiled and gave him a quick hug. "No problem Nicky, anytime." Just then, Sara walked in. She waved and stood by her as she looked at the girls through the window. "They look almost the same age as Lindsey." Cath said, a little shaken by how they looked like Lindsey from a distance.

Nick gently hugged back Catherine and muttered another 'thanks' before looking up at Sara. "Yeah, I'm okay. Just thinking." He replied with a smile before looking to Catherine again. "They do, don' they? But think of it this way.. That will never happen to Lindsay if I know you as well as I do."

Catherine sighed deeply. "I'm not so sure about anything anymore Nick, she's so out of control, just the other day Grissom found her hitch-hiking. I don't know what to do with her anymore." she told him, not taking her eyes off those two little girls.

"So whats with Brenda and Cassie being in here?" Sara asked. "Any Cath do you have any idea why Lindsey was hitch-hiking?"

Nick wrapped a strong arm around Catherine's shoulders and said, "Get Warrick to babysit her." Once again, he was volenteering his friend. "She's a teenager Cath.. Give her a little bit.. Or tell her what it's really like if she gets on the wrong side of things."

Hitting the button on the automatic lock of her new car, the chirp informed her all was well. All was locked up tight, and secure.

Yeah Whatever she thought, shoving the keys back in her bag, and digging for the ID badge she'd been given. The card key, and the file she needed.

Walking up the walkway to the door, she swiped the key, it making the reassuring beep, and she pulled on the door.

Nothing.

She tried again. The beep sounding, and trying the door. Still locked. Her cheeks flamed, and she looked around.

Of course!

Trying again, the beep, and pulling on a locked door.

Someone walked out, looking at her, smiling, as she showed her badge. Sheepishly, she walked in.

She walked to the front desk. Trying on a smile, to hide the flush in her cheeks.

"Hi.. Im Zoey Micheals. Im starting in the Labs today? Im supposed to be meeting with Greg Sanders at 9 oclock. Im a little early." She rambled at the receptionist. Judy officially tagged on her desk.

Catherine shook her head, unable to answer Sara's question. "I don't know how to show her that she could end up dead on the street one day." She felt a tear roll down her cheek as she said this. She was reminded of her little girl every time she looked at those girls, and it killed her.

(ooh can I be Lindsey too? Anyone object? Oh, yeah, Cats in the cradle, I remember that one!)

Cassie had a bigger secret then the one the girls were going to keep from the CSIs. It was that she wasn't really as strong as she seemed. Sometimes--when Brenda was asleep and it was quiet in their old house, she would start to cry, silently so no one would hear her, remembering what life used to be like--before...well before all of this happened.

Brenda stared at the floor, twisting her hands together. She disagreed with her sister, she wanted to tell them the truth, but Cassie was so afraid about what would happen if they did. Brenda remembered what it felt like--she had been the one that held the key before, but was to scared to say anything. Look where it had gotten her...

"I remember back when I was in high school.." Nick started, "There was a Liason Officer assigned to our school. If anything went wrong, like something related to drugs or could be potential harm to a student, he'd talk to them. Usually after that, most kids would smarten up. What about getting her to go to an officer at her school? If there is one I mean." The Texan frowned, he'd seen Lindsay grow up pretty much, he just had a hard time imagining a girl like Lindsay hitch hiking. It almost seemed like this all started happening after Eddie had died. "Sorry, Cath.. I'll stop suggesting things."

Nick looked over to Sara. "I'm about as confused as you are, Sar.."

Back