British Fans... Who would you cast in CSI: London?

I also love the idea of Diana Rigg too. I'm glad someone mentioned her. And Hugh Laurie. Although I kind of like him in House so you can't steal him from that!

Hugh Laurie would be great:D
or Robert Carlyle

Martin Clunes?

Leading female: JOANNA LUMLEY! (tho he is 60 :lol: )
or as someone pointed out, Helen Mirren. She's such an amazing actress!

I'd love to see Suranne Jones in CSI: London. She played Karen on Coronation Street and Beth in Vincent and she reallt can act. She'd be the British Katherine!

Doesn't Rachel Weisz mostly do films? I thought we weren't picking big-in-Hollywood actors/actresses...

Matt Lucas as a labrat? Picture him in glasses and a white coat - perfect "mad scientist" :D

Hopping on the train of thought that began with Hugh Laurie (who we probably couldn't get because of House, sadly) - Stephen Fry as a recurring eccentric expert? The entomologist? Someone they borrow from one of the universities on occasion, perhaps (because this is Britain, they'd have a quarter of the budget of somewhere like Vegas or NY and couldn't afford to keep their own experts on hand!)

PS. Dynamo1 I love your sig, where's it from?

I think David Tennant would be awesome in it. He is so cool. Maybe someone like Patsy Kensit too. It's about time she played a nice person. :)

So, bringing this all together, it looks like Helen Mirren and David Tennant are definitely cast, seeing as they are getting the most informal votes... :D

Talyra, i agree, Stephen Fry would be fab! I can see him being some eccentric criminology professor...staying on the QI track - don'cha think Alan Davies would make a good geeky labrat?

How about David Jason as a cockney coroner?! :D

Yes! was going to say exactly the same about David Jason! He'd be excellent. I'd like to see John Cleese unleashed in the lab. He could cause untold damage.

What about Trevor Eve or Ken Stott as the supervisor character. Both are strong actors, ruggedly good looking - eye candy for all ladies of all age groups.

The women are a struggle. Caroline Quentin is good in everything and can do a comic turn if the case needs it - a bit Catherine-esque in Fur and Loathing.

How's that for my two pen'erth?

Horatios_Shades said:
Talyra, i agree, Stephen Fry would be fab! I can see him being some eccentric criminology professor...staying on the QI track - don'cha think Alan Davies would make a good geeky labrat?

Lol they would be great. Id see steven fry as a kind of Gil character.

Joanna Lumley would be great as well. Id also go for Helen Baxendale as a csi, alison steadman as like a Cath character, John Cleese as a coroner - hed be hilarious IMO, and ant and dec as two other csis

We'd need a Greg/Ryan type character though. Somebody young and inexperienced. I don't know who though. It'd have to be somebody good looking though ;)

DaWacko said:
There's good-looking men in Britain? :eek:

I thought they all look like prince Charles :( :p

Hey lady, if you're using old Charlie boy and Tony Blair as your British benchmarks for men, I obviously need to show you a thing or two! :p Now how you forget Colin Firth for goodness sake? :p He'd be top of my list to play the lead CSI! :D

Back