Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hrockz, Aug 12, 2008.

?

New thread name

Poll closed Aug 19, 2008.
  1. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The FBI Agent and his Bones

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Forensic Anthropologist and her FBI Agent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bones #2 *spoilers*: B&B, Center of the Squint Squad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Bones #2 *spoilers*: He Thinks She's Better Than Smurfette

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Bones #2 *spoilers*: They'd Always Have Coffee

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Bones #2 *spoilers*: It's More Than A Guy Hug

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Thanks For The Gum!

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Cute Bones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Return of Skeleton Girl

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The foot bone is connected to the leg bone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Jeffersonian breakroom

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~Hee, Clark has just learned that in this place of work it's almost impossible to not share at least once.
    ~I loved Angela's smile when Brennan was saying that her only nickname was what Booth called her. Because Bones had that smiley voice that makes me grin.
    ~Hee. Pops likes Bones.
    ~*g* He called Brennan and told her to tell Booth to shut up.
    ~Aw. Poor Pops.
    ~"Smart ass." Hee!
    ~"So sweet. *long pause* And horrible. Mostly horrible."
    ~The end scene was cute.

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I will say it once again, I love Bones :)

~I love Booth's grandpa, love it even more that he calls Booth shrimp
    ~Loved that Booth talks about Bones to his grandpa
    ~Hank picks on Sweets too...LOL
    ~The conversation between Booth & Hank, are you gay...ROFLMAO
    ~The coversation between the three of them...hee hee...I didn't raise you right...LOVE POPS!
    ~Booth held on to Bones a little tight there in the club
    ~Hank dancing with the girls :guffaw:
    ~The smirk on Booths face when he saw Hank dancing :lol:

~Clark shared with the group
    ~I miss my grandpa (sorry random thought) :(
    ~Hee hee..didn't you have a nickname, no just Bones...hee hee....Angela had a smile on her face too
    ~Clark's grandpa would have been proud (again, I miss my grandpa too)
    ~Hank tells Bones to not be afraid
    ~Hank pretty much told Booth to grow a set
    ~hee hee...Booth noticed Bones' necklace
    ~Did anyone else scream at the tv at the end for them to hold hands, ok just me...got it.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I can't remember why Booth grabbed Bones in the club. Was somebody trying to flirt with one of them or something?

So Bones's father is shipping B&B, Parker's shipping B&B, and Booth's grandfather is shipping B&B. I wonder if Bones's cousin will ship B&B, too? *g*

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

So, do you guys think they're trying to humanize that intern- can't remember his name at the moment?- because he's probably the least favourite of the ones they're currently circulating? I wonder if there's some grand scheme the writers have for switching up the interns all the time, and if there's some sort of end game for these people?

5. Karlia

Karlia Rookie

I absolutely loved the episode!
    Pops. Though they should get a new stick and stop switching the interns.
    Loved the "steel ovaries" comment . Overall fantastic episode relationship wise. case was weak though.

6. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

So, Alex, I see you have finally come back to Bones.

So, I have decided to be lazy and will redirect you to spenchandfranish.blogspot.com for my notes. Unless you just hate me and are going to make me copy and paste.

Karlia, I think the case was weak because this episode was so realtionship based. I notice that a lot of shows will have weak cases in episodes that are clearly supposed to revolve around other stuff. But for a weak case, it was very entertaining.

Pops was absolutely ah-mazing. =]

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I have two shows to watch on Thursdays, so I haven't been watching Bones because I don't have time for three. I haven't been catching up online for some reason. I need to go back and do that.

Bryn, do I have to do your work for you? For those of you that care what Bryn says but don't feel like going to her site, read the spoiler box.
    I like how the real estate agent's main concern was that now the house won't sell.

He hit a nurse. Hahaha.

Let me begin by mentioning that "Pops" is played by Ralph Waite, who played Gibbs' father on NCIS. This makes Gibbs Booth's uncle.

"Shrimp?" "I imagine Booth used to be... shorter." "Ahhh." Good job, Sweets.

Booth and his grandfather have a secret handshake. Nice.
    I like the way he came and stood so close to Bones to present her.

"You weren't kidding." "What did you tell him?" I'm assuming he told his grandfather that Bones is freaking beautiful.

"Who is this, a friend of Parker's?" Hahahah. "You got room on your bicycle for my bag?"

"Nothing trumps family, Bones. Just remember that."

"Okay, Bones, we're frozen now." I love his sliding.

Of course it was spontaneous combustion. That is the only conclusion that makes sense.

Clark! This means this will be interesting. "Booth is a good man." And I like how he talks about the elderly. Clark is cool.

"Well, the SOB up and died on me." I love Pops.

"My therapist says I'm afraid to feel." Wow, this real estate lady is ANNOYING.

"Booth must be cute with his grandfather." And she does this cute little smile that says, "Oh, yes!"

So now she realizes that 'Bones' is a sign of affection. She definitely gave this little smile when she said, "No, just Bones," that meant that she doesn't mind that that's been her only nickname. And Angela knows it.

Angela is magical.

"Just because I'm maturing, people think I'm going senile."

"Don't worry. If you ever need a little privacy with that Bone doctor, I'll make myself scarce." Go, Pops! "There's nothing going on with us." "Are you gay?" HAHAHAHA. That's the second person to ask him that, about her. "She's a keeper."

"Well, go! Keep America safe!"

Hahaha. Pops has decided he is an employee.

*gasp* People actually eat at the Founding Fathers? Lol.

"I like her. She's real. She has balls." "Ovaries, actually." "Okay, you have a pair of steel ovaries." "Thank you." I. Love. This. Episode.

OMG! Poor Little Booth! *sniff*
    She promised to hold him if he needed it when she tells him. I am taking it upon myself to write this one-shot.

Booth is kind of grossed out by Club Jiggle. And so am I.

"He's making you grilled cheese tonight." "Really?" "Yes. and I'm inviiiiiited."

"So, we were talking about murder here. Meg Tracy, fondling of fat..."

I love grilled cheese. =]

And the fact that Brennan is assuming responsibility with Booth. It's like how she's helping raise Parker. =]

"Your Grandma had some jam in her jelly." HAHAH.

"Is she always like this?" "She always has the facts." He was proud.

"She's got talent, charm, beauty, and money, and you are just friends? I didn't teach you well enough."

What an appropriate song.

"I don't want you disappearing into one of those women." Haha.

Celery stick? Why do people always call Bones skinny? In fact, she's putting on a little weight. It looks good.

"I mean, yes." and he puts an arm around her and pulls her close and they both look REALLY happy.

Go Pops! Hahaha.

"Neither can you." "That was nasty." "But it was true." Haha.

Fire? Why didn't Bones run out of there, too?

A leave of absence? =[ Of course he knows you love him!

"Weird cake sex." Hahaha. Clark is cool.

"That's so sweet. And horrible. Mostly horrible." It's really hard to be mad at Angela.

"You crochet?" "It's what we call sex." LOLZ.

"He's big and strong, but he needs someone. He's gonna need someone. Don't be scared." Awww!

Awww! He said she looks pretty! =]

All in all, a FANTABULOUS episode. My notes are lousy because I was way too caught up in its fantabulousness.

Anyway. I loved Brennan's smile during the "nicknames are a sign of affection" scene.

I'm telling you, everyone in the Bones universe is shipping B&B. :lol:

I liked the episode. Pops was amusing. And what you said about the fire and why Bones didn't go, Bryn... it kind of looked like she really wanted to go, but knew that she needed to keep working on the case.

This week's a repeat because of Thanksgiving, right?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
  8. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I liked Pops quote "I don't think so". That is now added to the list of Bones repeated quotes like "I don't know what that means"

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Hmmm that would be a cute name for when the time comes...

Bones # 3: I don't think so!!

:lol: okay maybe not. :D

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That would imply that we don't like B&B, Destiny. Unless that was the point. ;)

I was thinking about something- the "only one of them knows" thing was from last season, right? And if Booth realizes this season that he loves Bones... wouldn't that imply that Brennan was the one that already knew?

11. Destiny

Actually it could mean "Bone #3: I don't think so!!" could mean that people who are thinking they are getting away with something.... I don't think so!! :lol: It wasn't serious but rather a joke when I posted that. Hence the laughing smilie. ;)

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

HA HA HA! I loved Grandpa Booth when he said that...it was too cute.

I think that Booth has known all along that he is in love with Brennan. I think that it is Brennan realizing just how much she does love him.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oh, I knew that, Destiny. Doesn't mean I won't tease you about it. ;)

I guess... Booth was probably in denial before this season. I kind of feel like Brennan knew that she felt different around Booth, but is just starting to realize what exactly that feeling is. Which makes us both right, texmex. Ha! *g*

14. Destiny

Do not make me break out the keys and the hose. :p

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm not entirely sure, but that might have been a threat. :p

There are only two more episodes until break, right? That might give me a reason to get myself caught up. :)

Point of Discussion: Do you think that they'll further this B/B thing by the end of this season, or are we going to end up with no resolution as far as this whole does she/doesn't she will they/won't they tell her/don't tell her thing? I've noticed that they've become more and more like a couple that isn't actually a couple (if that makes sense), but I still don't know how this is all going to work out. The show and the relationship has gotten to a point that, IMO, there's really nowhere else to go... unless I'm missing something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.