"Blood Moon" Discussion **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Oct 3, 2010.

1. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Yes, I thought of this one, too. I wonder what is the werewolf equivalent of skritching?

Maybe the infamous "ipecac & civet oil" will make a comeback. :evil:

2. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Oh Yeah, this would have been a great Nick & Warrick case. :lol:

I miss that friendship. :(

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

We all liked the Warrick/Nick banter but he's gone, and people find new friends to have fun with. Nick is one of those rare birds who does this. He's found a new buddy to throw out one-liners too, and ain't it great:bolian:

4. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

I personally think that this would have been a great case for Greg. Just think of the one liners he would have come up with. I hope that he has some input on this case, because I'm sure if he has the screen time there could be some really bad puns to chat about on here tomorrow. LOL

5. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Overall, a good episode. Seemed like good screen time for all the CSIs (not so much everyone else though). Nice humour throughout.

I found the opening a bit weird, with Catherine and Vartann's action being cut in with the murder.

New "bug man." :) Bit of odd editing there - one second he's got the bug in his hand, the next he's getting something from his pocket.. did he just drop the bug?

If it's October 7 in this episode, and Ray was injured back in May - why is he still using the cane after 5 months?

Where were all the cops?! Vartann the only detective in sight, and that half being about him and Catherine; Nick and Ray confronting the werewolves without a cop in sight; CSIs doing the interrogations alone. :confused:

Lab rats are still missing too, except for Hodges. At least Archie gets a mention on the phone..

Interesting that the previous case brought up wasn't Werewolves or Suckers.

Nick seemed rather nostalgic, bringing up previous cases, talking about his dad and his dog.

Finally, Grissom gets a mention - but still no word about the marriage or where he is.

Hodges giving Catherine relationship advice.. :guffaw:

6. ~Kassandra~

~Kassandra~ Hit and Run

OMG is really all I can say about this episode! It was awesome. There was some good team moments and such. I really don't have the time to go into detail about what I liked and didn't like but I overall I loved this episode!!!! The beginning was umm how to say it... Hot.

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The whole vampire/scar issue seems similar to last season on NY.

I did like the episode overall though.

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

At times I thought the writing...dialogue...was kind of weird, but overall it made everyone seem kind of relaxed and casual...very comfortable with each other.

I liked Nick and Ray working together on this one. Andy Dick was very good, and it almost looked like George was laughing unscripted at him. :lol: And I liked the little bit with Nick and Sara talking about "Gil". :guffaw:

Wondering how long Ray will wield that cane like a crazy man. ;) And also why he had his sunglasses on inside the hotel. I really only noticed it because on the commentary for "Appendicitement" the guys mentioned it when he did it then too.

Oh yeah...Super Dave and Doc were good trying to get the head off of the stake too. :lol:

9. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The beginning did seem strange going between Cath/Vartann and the murder.

I recognized the Asian Longhorn Beatle as soon as they started showing it but then I do live in a city that is in the middle of an Asian Longhorn Beatle infestation.

Loved the friendly banter between Nick & Sara while 'hiking'. :lol:

All-in-all I thought it was a pretty good episode. It was better than I thought it was going to be.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Agreed. It was hot tho. ;)

I'm wondering...is having Vartann there for the ship going to mean less Brass? Because he wasn't in this one at all. :( It would be nice to go back to the old A/B formula so we could see a couple of detectives AND all of the CSIs working the whole episode.

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It was an okay episode but so far this season is not really thrilling me, I hate to say. I'd like to see the team be mixed up a little more. Nick and Ray always working together is already getting old to me. Why can't they team Ray with Sara or Greg completely? Or even why can't Nick be working with someone other then Ray?
    Hopefully next week it will be mixed up more.

I did enjoy some of the lines everyone had to say.

And if Ray is still walking around with a cane, still obviously not completely healed, then why was he wacking away at that gel man? He could have aggravated his injury doing that. They don't think when they write this stuff.

Things I really did like:
    Catherine and Vartann!!!
    Hodges talking to Catherine about how he let love slip away from him. I really feel bad for the guy. He needs a hug (go for it DJ!) :D

Always enjoy Sara and Greg working together. And how did I know that with Wendy gone, Greg would be doing some DNA work again.

Andy Dick was funny in his small little role.

Think it would have been nice to see the whole team at the end watching that movie. Just saying.

Am looking forward to next week's ep!

12. waiting4summer

waiting4summer Police Officer

When the movie scene started I really thought it would be Greg sitting there with a bowl of popcorn and getting busted by Catherine. :p

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I liked this episode. I missed the first five minutes, but I'm sure it will be on somewhere. Lol.

Loved the Nick and Ray scenes. I liked how Nick told the dog owner he'd never would have thought about making a coat out of their dog when it died.

14. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

It was an ok episode. The beginning was HOT. Though odd it was shown with the murder. Wished it lasted longer ;)

LOVED the scenes between Sara and Nick/Greg. Really great lines. Some of those puns were so bad (in a good way) lol. Glad we saw a lot of Sara.

Hodges giving Cath relationship advice was really sad :( I feel so bad for him. I really thought she would take his advice and move in with Vartann. But I guess she had a valid point.

God I thought Langston was gonna whack someone with that cane! Way too much of him swinging it around.

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Enjoyed the episode much more then I thought I would. I loved the fact that things seemed to be a little more evenly distributed amongst the characters. And the couple of scenes between Sara and Greg reminded me of the old days. Even the friendly banter between Sara and Nick while hiking....like someone mentioned already, was refreshing.

I am glad that Andy Dicks part was small, because personally, I am not a big fan of his, but I must say, he did suit the role he had.

Okay! Poor guy. It pains me to see him heartbroken.

Cath and Vartann?? Okay, it may have seemed a little odd as it cut from the bedroom scene to the murder scene, but I liked it that way. Now I suck when it comes to analyzing things, but I really think there was a deeper reasoning to mixing them together. Like the various ways of displaying raw animal instincts...lust! Anyway, I won't elaborate for I'll only confuse myself and the rest of you. :lol: I just know that there has to be a deeper meaning behind it.

Good point. Never thought of it at the time, but yer right