Beta Volunteers

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by umbrello, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

hey, i beta. my favorite pairing's grissom/heather, but i'll beta damn near anything.

2. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Name: Hank
    Pairings: Nick/Sara, Horatio/Calleigh, Nick/Jesse Menkin
    Specialty: Flow, plot consistency, CROSSOVERS.

3. grints_gurl

grints_gurl Dead on Arrival

I would like to Beta anyone that needs my help.

Name: Melissa
    Pairings: Pretty much anything, but I prefer Greg/Sara, Catherine/Warrick, Danny/Aiden, Mac/Stella, Calliegh/Ryan
    Specialty: Grammer, flow dialogue

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Name: Gossip Girl (atleast this is how I would prefer everyone refers to me)
    Pairings: My fav to beta is Gil/Cath but I will also do Sara/Nick, Sara/Greg plz no other and definatly NO GIL/SARA!!!
    Specialty: Most likely grammer and spelling.

email me at horse_gal_123@msn.com or youknowyouluvmegossipgirl@yahoo.com to contact me for any reason.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey there!! I love to beta so here are my details/prefs...

Name: Jess
    Show: Just CSI. Don't really know the others in enough detail.
    Pairings: Pretty much anything involving Sara, but I am most into sara/gil, sara/greg, sara/nick, sara/hodges (oh please!!) and sara/cath.
    Genre: Comedy or angst/drama
    Specialities: Spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, splitting up paragraphs, continuity, and general ideas sounding board.

I'm currently betaing Blast From the Past by Foxy Nighthawk on fanfiction.net so you can check that out. My name over there is Jessica Summers, so send me a message through that.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

7. binglexjells

binglexjells Police Officer

I'm willing to beta for people =)

Name: binglexjells (whoa, obvious?)
    Pairings you beta: Everything I 'ship... and some I don't! (Mac/Stella, Danny/everyone except Mac or Stella, Horatio/Calleigh, Speed/Calleigh, Gil/Sara, Sara/Greg, Nick/Greg, Catherine/Warrick...)
    Beta specialty: My grammar is bad... but if it sounds wrong I can probably make it sound right. That is if you catch me on a day where I make sense. Uh, I can do characterisation for the most part, and spelling (if you want British English, that is), and tense and flow etc.

=) Just... yell, hah. Uh, I don't know how this board works re: sending messages but I think email would probably be easiest and that's in my fanfiction.net profile (Dizzy-Dreamer)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

hehe... i'll beta ^^

Name: Elanor

Show: Sorry, I only watch LV :D

Pairings: I am a multishipper so the pairings don't matter. However, I do specialize in lab techs.

Beta Specialty: I am called the "grammar Nazi" for a reason. :lol: Although I haven't posted any fan fictions on this board, I do have a lot of experience. However, my spelling ability only pertains to American English. I can point out characterization, character development, plot inconsistencies, and all that good stuff. If you want perfection, you can PM me. I also work fast. :D

9. iwantboromir

iwantboromir CSI Level One

Anyone have any experience with swords and sword fights? I've never written one and I need some advice!

10. ItDBMe

ItDBMe Witness

dude, I'd love to beta!

Name: Nadine
    Pairings you beta: Any
    Beta specialty: grammar, flow, sentence structure

It would really be awesome if I could do this for somebody. I also right fanfiction myself, so I would love to beta for somebody.

Thanks!

11. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

please dont point and laugh and call me names what do you mean by beta

12. Guest

Guest Guest

beta means to edit a fan fic story so u check for things like grammer, spelling, flow, and other things along the same lines

13. draig_goch

draig_goch Lab Technician

oh thanks, and thanks for not laughing at me lol :lol:

As a drama student im good at analyzing characters and there behaviour and keeping the characters true
    so if anyone needs help with LV characters PM and ill try
    Thanking you
    draig_goch
    P.S
    (Im not to good at NY or Miami characters)

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I like to beta too!

My friends all complain, because I beta their fan-fics and check their coursework too and find so many mistakes but when they beta my work they can't find any! I'll beta anything at all and can check for grammar and British spelling, as well as general flow and structure.

My email is in my profile.

15. Catherinesmyidol

Catherinesmyidol Coroner

Hey y'all, I'm looking for a beta. The stories I need beta'd are Gil/Lady H, and I pretty much just need grammar help and keeping the characters true to who they are. My email is in my profile and I'd appreciate any help at all. :)