Basketball

Damn, USA really knows how to get a lot of points :lol:. Here are the scores from the final eight matches:

Argentina: 79
New Zealand: 62

Italy: 68
Lithuania: 71

Turkey: 90
Slovenia: 84

Spain: 85
Serbia & Montenegro: 75

Germany: 78
Nigeria: 77

USA: 113
Australia: 73

France: 68
Angola: 62

Greece: 95
China: 64

Here are the quater final teams:

29 August 2006

Argentina-Turkey

Spain-Lithuania

30 August 2006

Greece-France

USA-Germany

I'm happy to see that Greece have made it to the quaterfinals, especially with a 31 point win! Next up is France :D.

jorja_fan86 said:

USA-Germany

I know, I know. I started drinking about halftime of the USA - Australia game... :lol:

I mean, in the pre-Olympic exhibition game in '04, Germany came within a miracle Allen Iverson buzzer-beater of beating the US...but this year the Americans are taking the rest of the teams more seriously and I think that (and Colangelo's influence) is why they're winning. I still pick Greece to win it all, but dang...my hopes of Germany repeating for a bronze are looking a little shaky right now... :( Wonder if Dirk can scare up another 47-point game...

I'm sorry for your teams loss korbjaeger. Don't worry, I hope Hellas will finish off Amerikani & reach the finals to hopefully win it all :lol:. How many points did Dirk end up getting?

I laugh at Tony Parker & his sad comments of that we are an unathletic team and slow the game down and only score 50 points per game :lol:. Last time I checked we beat them with a score of 73-56 :lol:.

To Parker & the French basketball team...au revoir :p.

Dirk only got 15 points, as did Okulaja. Battier did a very good job defending Dirk. My second favorite German player is Mithat Demirel. The guy is a great point guard - I don't know why Bauermann didn't start him. Hamann is good but he's younger and less experienced...Well, now they'll wrestle the French for fifth place, which I'm sure Team Deutschland will win...

I've never liked Parker. Talk is easy; winning games on the international level isn't!

Good luck to Team Hellas! I'm sure they'll win against the US - as hard a time as the Americans had against Germany the first half of that game...if the US has another first half like that, Greece will take more advantage than Germany did. They could rack up a very high lead in 20 minutes!! :D

Carmelo Anthony has been amazing for the US team so far. Nice to see him steppin' up. Hopefully he'll be this good for the Nuggets this year! :D *crosses his fingers*

I agree, Carmelo is crazy! He's a very strong player along with Dirk.

Currently it is 45-41 for Greece at halftime. Opppppaaaaaa :D! Thanks for the support korbjaeger :).

*eta* Final score: 100-95 ELLADA!!!!! On to the mundobasket finals we go. HELLASSSSS OLLLEEEE! Pame Ellada pame :D!

Omg,I suffered a lot watching the match but we defeated Argentina 75-74 and we're on Sunday's final !!!!
ola.gif

I told you we had a dream team !!! :D
Bad news is that our best player,Pau Gasol,is injured. :(

Come on Spain !!!
smilie_flagge4.gif

*sigh* We lost! Well at least we lost to a good team. :D On the other hand, Carmelo was great again. What'd he have, like, 27 points? If he gets some support in Denver this year they might have a shot at a title. :)

Bring on Espana!!!

gre_o-1.jpg

greece_fp_sm_wm.gif

I believe Carmelo did get 27 points. He played one of his best games so you should be happy :). I was seriously worried during the last minute.

Gasol's injured? That's a drag... :( But even with a healthy Pau, and as great a team as Spain has, Greece is tough to beat. The bronze medal game should be interesting, Argentina did win the gold in 2004...

jorja_fan86, has the party begun there yet? :cool:

:lol: Unfortunately the partying has not started yet but once the final whistle blows I'm gonna take out the bottle of ouzo, win or lose. I'll have my two Greek flags & Greece scarf out too to use for celebration purposes. All I know is that I'm gonna go nuts in here if we win gold :D. Baby Shaq & the rest of the Hellas men are gonna shine :cool:.

I think the bronze medal game will be just as exciting and the gold medal match. Both teams, America & Argentina, are very quick & skilled.

Ooh, I just realized that whoever wins Sunday will be the team that remains undefeated the entire tourney. That's kinda cool...

USA got the Bronze medal, which is good. At least this team wasn't as embarassing as our other recent teams were in international play. Coach K must have worked his magic. :D

I saw hilights of the America-Argetina match on the news today & I must say the US was quite impressive & they put on a good show. I wish I had the channel to watch the games though and it really gets tiring with the live updates off fiba.com. Anyway, congrats on your guys bronze medal :D.

Wow, there's 3 hours left before Hellas takes on Espana for the gold medal game. I'm extremely excited & I wish time would go by faster so it would start...

PAME ELLADA PAME :D!

:eek: Holy sh!t it's currently 35-16 in favour of Spain! Hormiga, your time is so frigging good unlike mine. Fu*k, we'd better wake up quick :(.

*eta* Skata. I give up & I'm not even gonna bother checking the final score 'cause I know Spain will win anyway. Hormiga, congrats on winning the tourney. You should feel proud to have such a strong basketball team, especially a team who can do so much damage. I would be very proud :D. Your guys deserved to win. Hellas, all I gotta say is...malakas :mad:. At least we won in soccer today...

Thanks jorja_fan86 and congrats for the silver medal !!!

Wow,it was incredible !!! 70-47 and without our star Pau Gasol !!! :D :D :D

Tomorrow the big celebration in Madrid !!! :cool:

* Insert here "We are the champions" by Queen *

spainbasketballwc2.jpg

spainbasketballwc1.jpg

Back