Baseball #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

WS Time

Gm 1: PHI 3 - RAYS 2

I can honestly say that the "Back street boys" should not be allowed to sing the national anthem OMG they sucked lol. As to the game, two home runs, one on each side, this game was very uneventful considering.

Gm 2 Phillies @ Rays Thu Oct. 23 8:00 PM
    Gm 3 Rays @ Phillies Sat Oct. 25 8:00 PM
    Gm 4 Rays @ Phillies Sun Oct. 26 8:00 PM
    Gm 5* Rays @ Phillies Mon Oct. 27 8:00 PM
    Gm 6* Phillies @ Rays Wed Oct. 29 8:00 PM
    Gm 7* Phillies @ Rays Thu Oct. 30 8:00 PM
    * If Needed

2. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I thought the Phillies were home tomorrow?!?!

UMMM the Phillies fan over here is excited! My place of work (a local bank) is all festive for the Phillies, and we're allowed to wear our Phillies gear on the day of the games. If they win the series, we're having a hot dog and soda party! I'll be watching the game from work tomorrow

GO PHILLIES!!!! =D

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

DeShadowSeeker I don't want to even imagine the Back Street Boys singing any National Anthem let alone see :rolleyes:

I'm glad to see the Phillies win the first game. It's good to see that the week layoff hasn't hurt them :) Sometimes the uneventful games can be more fun to watch the the home run derby contests that sometimes go on :)

So Jess get her hot dogs and soda party....Go Phillies :)

4. Destiny

Wy that schedule is staight from the MLB I just Copied and pasted it, but apparently the first two games (ie homefield advantage) was achieved because the AL won the Allstar games.

J-O-L (lol sorry I have reduced your nic) I did see the back street boys see on tv and you know that commerical where the guy who didn't switch to directv says "well this will come back to haunt me"? I repeated that phrase when they were done. :lol:

True uneventful could be fun, but normally me who is very alert to the game, wanted to fall asleep, it was alike all of them were taking BP the only funny thing was the Errors especially in the first when Hamel and the first baseman couldn't field a ball and ended up catching each other which ended up looking like a brief hug (which is wasn't, just steadying each other) now that was funny.

Well I am for the Rays, but I am did cheer for the Phillies before this series. Soo let me say this...

Go Rays & Phillies!!! :cool: :shifty: :)

5. Jacquie

Destiny I'm forever shorten members names so no problem :)

For whatever reason, name Fox Sports, I have no desire to watch the games this year. I follow them in the newspaper and here on line but by the sounds of it I would have fallen asleep during last nights game. I do like close games but they do need to be interesting.

And Destiny you are certainly covering all bases with your cheering for both sides :)

Go Phillies and Matt Stairs :) :) :)

6. mimic

mimic Hit and Run

Hey, I'm from fifteen minutes outside of Philly, too!

I don't really understand why the media's acting like this is unusual for Cole Hamels. His record in the regular season (14-10) was deceptive because whenever he pitched the Phillies bats went cold. Rollins and Howard need to start hitting - Howard especially.

Let's hope Dr. Myers shows up tonight instead of Mr. Hyde, eh?

GO PHILLIES!

7. Destiny

Oh look the weather is going to factor in, this is when you love domes (I like the type that can be opened. Rain in Philly could alter World Series schedule <Snip>

As to Fox Sports I really don't like that the announcers are idiots they half the time do not know what they are talking about, one would think they would get familiar with names and stats about them.

For example they said everyone of the players for the rays were 26 yrs or younger, then say that Bartlett will be 29 on Oct 30th. Now my math sucks sometimes but even I know the difference. :lol: Then they don't correct themselves, this is why I love STO (Sports Time Ohio) for cleveland because they not only correct themselves but they make a joke of them making the mistake.

I watch the game on Channel Fox 8 Cleveland on Directv.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  8. Destiny

WS Time (The Game Winner will be in Bold)

Gm 1: PHI 3 - RAYS 2
    Gm 2: PHI 2 - RAYS 4

Gm 3 Rays @ Phillies Sat Oct. 25 8:00 PM
    * If Needed

Added note the "Los Lonely Boys" sang the National Anthem and did great.

Also I found this Selig: Baseball hopes to shorten postseason - All I can say when I read this is you have to be kidding me.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  9. Jacquie

The Jays have signed former Oriole Adam Lowen to a minor league contract. The Jays have also claimed Bryan Bullington off waivers from the Cleveland Indians.

Jays sign Adam Lowen

Lowen was originally signed as a pitcher in 2006 but due to stress fractures in his pitching arm, he's trying to make the switch from pitcher to 1st/of.

10. Destiny

:lol: Yep now with Bullington I hope you all have better luck he was a hit or miss, when he was on he was good, when he was off, OY!

Gm 1: PHILS 3 - RAYS 2
    Gm 2: PHILS 2 - RAYS 4
    Gm 3: RAYS - PHILS Sat Oct. 25 8:00 PM

* If Needed

Rain hits Philly before Game 3 of Series - I love Maddons comment about Garza regarding waiting out the rain.
    Maddon wondered how his starting pitcher would spend the time.
    “Matt Garza is a different story. I don’t know what he’s going to do. If there’s a padded room around here, I’d really like to know about, so he can go there and bounce around for a bit,” he said. :lol:

ETA: I almost forgot to add this in. 'Rays' Miller draws inspiration from 4-year-old daughter - Beware it can bring tears to the eyes.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  11. Jacquie

Destiny thanks for the article on Miller. You can certainly see that his family means as much to him as the game. I wouldn't be surprised if that gives the Rays a bit more inspiration to win :)

12. Destiny

I agree with you. There was a big rain delay, its 9:28pm and they are now removing the tarp, and saying that it will more then likely start about 10pm.

Gm 3: RAYS 4 - PHILS 5

* If Needed

Added note for those who didn't see the game Taylor Swift sang the National Anthem. Game ended just about 2 am.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  13. ThumpyG42

ThumpyG42 ~Nocturnal Jenn~ Premium Member

Saturday night's game was certainly a wild one, wasn't it?

Also I'd like to say congrats to Kevin Youkilis of the Boston Red Sox and to Aramis Ramirez of the Chicago Cubs for being awarded the Hank Aaron Award.

14. Destiny

Gm 3: RAYS 4 - PHILS 5
    Gm 4: RAYS 2 - PHILS 10

* If Needed

15. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Ohhh man it's looking good for my Phillies! Howard FINALLY got a homer tonight, and let me tell you something, the last few innings of that game were spectacular! I really hope they win tomorrow because if they do I'm going to the parade!!!