At Last! UK gets Season 5!

Re: At Last! UK S 5

The CSI franchise was generating something like 80% of their total revenue (it's probably changed now that Five has other big US shows though), and presumably they generated more in terms of revenue and higher audience figures by showing CSI in this way.
Good to see you over here Elsie! :) I vaguely remember reading something about that. I sometimes check the Channel Five ratings and the Top 5 shows are almost always the 3 CSI shows (even repeats do very well), House and Law and Order.

Once new Miami episodes start to air, I want to see which show gets the highest ratings between CSI:Miami and House! House <3. :D

It has always annoyed me that Miami is so far behind :rolleyes: although I can totally see the reasoning behind it.

What I don't get though is the delay for the LV dvd releases, it is months behind NY and they both air the same time :confused:

I pay attention to the ratings aswell Lucy. I have noticed that Miami re-run often beats NY first showing. But I think thats probably because NY gets a crap Saturday night timeslot :rolleyes:. I guess NY viewing figures will still be consistant once the re-runs start :D

I was impressed with the LV season premier BTK P1&P2 it got over 4 million viewers :eek:

Yes, LV is by far the most popular here. I also think you are probably right re the NY time slot not doing it any favours.

The ratings for the Miami reruns are probably helped by the fact that it follows the LV time slot, so some people stay tuned in. I was wondering, does anyone know how ratings are compiled here in the UK? If, for example, I SkyPlus CSI and watch it later on, does that get logged or not? I very rarely watch the episodes when they actually air.

Interestingly, there is sometimes a dip in ratings on a Tuesday if Champions League football is on! ;)

Lucy said:
Good to see you over here Elsie!

Why thank you, I thought I'd pop in and have a look at the Miami forum. ;) I'll be posting some episode reviews in here once the new season airs. :)

does anyone know how ratings are compiled here in the UK?

I think they mostly use information gathered from BARB. Which means the ratings are actually from a small number of people and it's extrapolated. Therefore, whilst it's supposed to be representative, it's probably not particularly accurate. ;)

I'll be posting some episode reviews in here once the new season airs. :)
Yay! I'm very pleased to hear that. It will be great to get some discussion going amongst the fans in the UK (and of course anyone else can join in too). I think some of us tend to feel a little left out because we are so far behind the US. I am completely spoiled though, so I shall have to be careful! ;)

Thanks for the link and information regarding BARB. I just read their summary of how they acquire their ratings figures, so it's a lot clearer to me now. :)

I have to say I am guilty of neglecting CSI when Champions League is on :p

I don't know how they could ever be relatively accurate with viewing figures. Take football matches for instance, You get 100's and sometimes thousands watchin one screen. But anyways.....

Has anyone got/ordered Season 4 Part 1 of Miami yet? Is there any decent extras? I saw it advertised in OK as 'Out Now'

Oh yes....it is about time. Can't wait, I have stayed away from some spoilers this year due to being too busy so am looking forward to it. The schduling is anoyying though because it airs in the summer holidays so I always miss some of the early ones due to being away!

I think the DVD boxes normally follow the US ones and my brother sends them to me from Canada...so I have season 4, the extra on the full box set are documetaries on Creating, Producing and Finishing feature TV, plus commetaries on 'From the Grave, Prey, Felony Fight, Urban Hellraisers, Shattered and Payback'

The annoying thing about the boxset is it has 'Felony Fight' but not 'Manhatten Manhunt' So one has to suppose you must buy whole NY to get that!

Anyway back on topic..will be back in the forum more now we have new eppies, looking forward to it already!

Can I join this thread? :)

I’m not from the UK and I have seen almost the whole season (waiting for the last two epis) but I didn’t have anyone to talk about the show before, and I really love to go over the episodes! :D

Absolutely! :D Everyone is welcome, not just fans in the UK.

Its about time isn't it!!! 17th not long now but I can't wait!

I'm normally just over at the NY thread but I'll pop over once in a while whan it satrts!! I can't wait! :)

you done better than me Puppydog only read a few spoilers. Just hope that my works don't put me on the late shift next week,i will be very unhappy coz i don't want miss the start of the season

The tv mags come out tomorrow for next week just hope one of them are doing a article for S5

Back