Are you In or Out of your Shipper Closet?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Txxgrrrl, Oct 16, 2005.

1. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I only have 2 friends (they are on the board) who know that I ship and whom I ship. Ironically they ship as well. :)

I do write fan fic, ship and regualar. They only ones who have read it are people on the board when I post it and my 2 friends.

My mom knows I'm really into CSI but she doesn't know about the shipping or the fan fic writing. She knows I write because it's part of my major, but she's never patient enough to read anything.

2. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

No one knows that I ship, apart from my husband, and he doesn't really get it. :lol: If it isn't a canon show couple then he just doesn't understand the concept...Even a weekend spent with about 10 Danny/Flack shippers didn't change his opinion. He thinks shippers are weird (generally that is, he doesn't particularly think the ones that he met are weird).

I have to say that I had never heard of shipping before joining Talk CSI, and I've never really been into a TV show enough to be that concerned with things like ships, or subtext or any of that fun. :lol: No, shipping is my little secret, and I'm absolutely convinced that my real life friends would simply not understand in the slightest what shipping is all about, and how much fun it can be. :p ;)

3. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

My family know I watch the shows and get sick of it :lol: but don't understand shipping at all!!

I write fanfics and make fan vids but no one really knows I do them :D

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Well this is an interesting question. First off - shipping is my online secret! LOL No one knows in my RL. I have one main ship and a few others I enjoy reading about. I don't keep it secret on here who I ship - but I do not flaunt it in other threads so most people probably won't know.

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

No one knows the extent of my obsession, but they know that I love Grissom and Cath and wish they'd get together. So I'd say in closet... lol.

6. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

Oh, great question.

No one knows I 'ship' I guess, though I've never made it a secret, just never mentioned it. My bofriend knows I write, but he doesn't know what, I don't really let him read. Writing is my little outlet, it's personal and I don't want people in my RL reading if they include characters I havn't made up :lol:

I guess, I'm 'in' my shipper closet, but everyone on here knows me quite well. There's a song, you know: "there's a place I go, when I'm alone, do anything I want, be anyone I want to be..." and it's really true on here. One can generaly come on and 'ship' away without being judged for being 'odd' or 'strange' like they perhapse would out there in the big scary world.

7. dl_shipper34

dl_shipper34 CSI Level One

I'm somewhat both. My friends know I ship but I only tell them a bit about everything that goes on in my little world :lol: or, as I like to call it, my bubble. My mom knows I love DL, but I don't think she realizes just how much. She's a shipper as well (she just won't admit it :p) but nothing compared to me. My best friends are aware of my...*ahem*...addiction. Everyone knows I love CSI:NY (even those who don't know me, considering I own two NY shirts and use a NY gym bag as a book bag) and I'll give clues that I am a shipper, but I keep the rest to myself :). I'm quite content in my bubble. The other goalie on my hockey team knows I love DL, but again she doesn't know just how much. So I'm 'in' and 'out'.

ETA: And only a few people know I write fanfiction. Save for the few friends whom I've shown my FF profile to, no other RL people know about it.

8. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

I'm kinda in my shipper closet, expect for being on here. My friends know I watch CSI: Miami and they know I'm pretty obsessed, but when I used to ship characters from another show they thought I was really quite strange. None of them even remotely like TV as much as I do so hehe. My brother and sister know because I'll be making icons or whatever and they'll be like, 'oh you're so sad' but meh, who cares :) I don't :)

Also no one in RL would even want to read my fanfic so I guess thats secret too. (My biology class have heard some of my fanfic though, when I got caught writing it and the teacher read it out :S)

LeAnne xx

9. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL Everyone knows about my shipper... They all know about my addiction to Nick and Greg and they either accept it or lump it lol... Most of the time they say ' yes Donna' and put on this deadpan expression....

The worst thing anyone including my work collegues can do is mention three words C.S.I.... I kinda go into this touretts style about evidence, Nick Stokes, Greg Sanders and how I see CSI as a whole... To most people its a tv show... To me, its more much more.... Its my life... How sad am I. I sleep CSI, i dream- have done- CSI, I even drop in a few words from the show in my offline life lol...

I'm out and proud of it.. supporting GLBT issues both off and online!

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I'm completely OUT since the CSI writers have shown the viewers the only relationship on CSI,GSR, it would be fuitless and silly to deny what's been presented right to our faces ;) I'd like to see Nick with a beautiful girl, and Warrick and Cath seem in tune with one another, & smitten as well, but so far, there's only one ship on CSI!![​IMG]

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Well, being out and proud is next on my to-do-list :lol: I'm still in the closet (in more than one way ;)) and all people know about me is that I'm a CSI addict but they don't know that I ship Nick and Greg. I guess most of them would call me crazy, look at me funny, ... I don't know. But then again most of my friends aren't as passionate about TV shows as I am.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Im on the threshold of the closet. ;)
    Mu husband knows I ship, my sister knows...anyone else would think im bonkers. My kids are too small to even understand shipping but they know that I'm a nut when it comes to this show & forum.
    I don't think they really know how very ate up I am. I hide the screen from my husband when im posting if he comes in :lol:
    I hide in the bedroom to watch the epis so that he doesn't see the giddy smiles I get on my face when I watch.
    Plus, absolutely NO ONE is allowed to talk to me during the show...I have to pay close attention to every detail :D

13. only_true_love

only_true_love Lab Technician

I'm pretty much out. Friends and family know I'm CSI obsessed. My parents are the only ones that know I've written fanfiction. My close friends know all my ships and dont have any issue with it. Neither do my parents. My best friend even ships GSR & YoBling! but she isnt as obsessed with reading fanfiction and posting. She actually considers me her 'source'. My mom even is slowly seeing why I ship the ships I do.

14. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I'm out of my shipper closet. My entire family has heard me go on and on and on and on... about Calleigh and Eric. My Mom has seen the shipper light and even follows it a little bit. I'm so proud of her.

15. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

I'm in the doorway. My mom knows I'm in love with Grissom and Sara (.. I kind of turned her into a GSR shipper). Basically just family members know that I ship GSR, I don't really talk about CSI much with friends anymore.