Are you In or Out of your Shipper Closet?

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Txxgrrrl, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Txxgrrrl

Txxgrrrl Hit and Run

I've gotten the OK from the Mod's of this forum to pose this question because it is something I have often wondered about. CSI shipper's seem to be a rare form of fan. We are watching this show differently than probably 95% of the viewer's of this show. People who come here and to other CSI ship based forum's are participating in way's that your average CSI viewer would probably be very surprised by.

Fanfiction, music videos, msg boards etc are things that a lot of people are unaware of and I'm curious if this is a "hobby" that you, the CSI shipper, share with the people in your life. Do they know that you are watching this show with a "shipper's perspective"?

If you are blessed with the talent to write fanfiction or make videos or banners etc, do you tell or show the people closest to you about your latest masterpiece? Or do you just post it out there for strangers and online friends, never sharing with your family/friends the fruits of your online labors?

I'm curious to see what people's answer's will be. Let's keep it friendly...no actual shipping per se, because the question doesn't really pertain to who or why you ship, just do people know that you "ship".

My answer by the way: NO, no one in my life knows anything about my little trips here or to other forums. A few, including my husband, have asked me what I do on the computer, I've told them I read fanfiction. They asked what kind, I said CSI and that was that. I'm sure, due to the nature of this show, they think I'm reading online mysteries of sorts. I don't know why I don't expand on that except that I'm probably afraid they will look at me like I've lost my mind. :eek:

Sorry for the longwinded post for a fairly straightforward question...I tend to ramble :rolleyes: but please answer away!!

2. KiraGrissom

KiraGrissom Judge

My hubby knows about my artwork and my websites, I even ask his opions some times. Same with my daughter when she comes over and neither one watch the show.

3. grisslybear

grisslybear CSI Level Two

I'm a grad student, and really don't/shouldn't have the kind of time to get into these kind of things, but here I am making movies and reading fanfiction and stuff... :D My best friend/roommate knows about my "obsession" and watches my videos. (she also watches the show, although without a shipper's perspective, so it is not very strange for her). Other than her, I tell my friends that I like CSI a lot and read forums and sometimes fanfic, but I haven't told anyone else that I actually write on the forums, tend to listen to any song I hear from the pov of my ship, and spend all this time making music videos...The reason is simple--the people in my social environment would really think I'm crazy :D

4. wildcherry

wildcherry Lab Technician

I’ve bored the friends who I used to work with because I‘d known them for a really long time they already knew I was crazy, but since I changed jobs I haven’t opened up to the new one’s, and probably wont. My best friends have watched my vids from other fandoms, but not my CSI ones. My immediate family knows of my obsession too. I wish one of my friends/family loved the show as much as I do, it would be a lot easier that way. Sometimes I feel so alone! *cries*

5. catwarfan

catwarfan Police Officer

New here. Saw this topic so I decided to add my two cents. Pretty much everyone knows that I have a couple ships but CSI is a new one for me though I've loved Yobling for a long time. My husband likes them as well but he's a huge Snicker's fan. I've only recently come out of the closet about this one. I like some primetime pairings - Dinozzo and Kate from NCIS - went titanic, Sam and Martin - WAT, Trip and T'pol - series went titanic. I'm a big shipper when it comes to daytime soaps - diehard Jeffrey and Marah fan from GL even though they went titanic. Everyone knows about those. I post on a couple of boards and do banners and avatars for everyone. I also dabble in fanficts as well to pass the time.

~Dayna~

6. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

No one really knows about my trips to the forums, but they do know that i love Nick/Sara, so I wouldnt really say that I'm "in the closet" or anything like that.

7. EllaJ

EllaJ CSI Level Two

No one knows...I think :lol: Unless they be going into my internet history

8. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

I tell people, and proud of it.:p. When I show my friends my videos they think there amazing and it just makes them want to watch CSI more.

9. LaneyViperGurl

LaneyViperGurl Rookie

My husband knows about the forums and stuff. My daughters know I love the show and like certain characters together but they don't know exactly how into it I am. My friends just know I like the show.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

My parents know, and they're fine with it because it does not consume my life in the sense that I don't have friends because of CSI or don't concentrate on school, etc. My friends are cool with it because they all have at least one thing they obsess over, whether it's anime or band or cars, or whatever, really. People outside of my group of friends think I'm pretty strange when I tell them that I read fanfiction and such, but I don't care because most of the time I know I won't ever see them again. :)

11. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

My best friend knows exactly how obsessive I am about my ships (and she mocks me for it because none of our ships are the same, lol). My brother knows I come on different boards and such. He's always like, "Oh lord, are you on that site again?" I write fics every now and then, but I just post them, I don't usually announce them to anybody I actually know.

12. Serenity

Serenity Coroner

My family know that I'm a shipper, but my sister is the only one that actually reads my stuff. My husband knows, but lets me just get on with it! I'm proud of my chosen ship, I'm not embarrased by it. =D

13. Simply_Sara

Simply_Sara Lab Technician

Well it's kinda the same here, I just have a few of my friends and a Sister wich know,,, :lol:

14. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

The only people that know about by SMACked obsession are the people here.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

All my friends know I watch the show and a few know about me visiting the forums but I dont tell them that I read or am working on fan fics.