Anyone listen to Japanese Music!?

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregSandersLover, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

i quite like "the flower of carnage" (from Kill Bill OST) by Meiko Kaji...

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I haven't seen Advent Children *cries*

Oh yes... Music for Nagareboshi Gin. Me loves it. Japanese, but I've seen translated lyrics on websites. I swear... it has the best cartoon theme ever :eek:

3. GregSandersLover

GregSandersLover Pathologist

Cool I haven't seen Advent Children either...My friend's obsessed...I'll get some info off of her if you want some :D

So...topic...(along with any translation requests and fave.Japanese music)

What brought you to get to know Japanese music? or like how did you come across it kinda?

xoxo-nimo

4. robospanker_fan

robospanker_fan CSI Level Two

I like almost ALL of the songs from Mika's album 'Love'. My favourite though... Has to be the 4th song, with the Japanese title. Next would be Venus in the Dark. :D

5. Hollis

Hollis CSI Level Two

[/QUOTE]What brought you to get to know Japanese music? or like how did you come across it kinda?

[/QUOTE]

I have a lot of Japanese homestays, visited Japan (Osaka) this summer, and a little while ago, our house had 4 teenage Japanese students, that were coincidently sisters, who love music. It was pretty awesome.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh, me!! I do! I got into J-rock/pop through anime, but it has grown since then (check the alias :lol:). Some of my favorite groups/singers are:

Glay
    Gackt
    T.M.Revolution
    Hyde
    X Japan
    The Yellow Monkey
    L'Arc-en-Ciel (saw them last year at Otakon!!)
    Kinki Kids
    Crystal Kay

To name but a few.....

7. GregSandersLover

OMG Glay is AMAZING... Have you heard their collabo. song with Exile!? (Called SCREAM) Like it sounds hip-hop and not so Glay-ish, but I LOVEEEE it...

And Gackt is good too....

You should all come to Tokyo! I'll take ye all to Shibuya and we can all go chill! and talk about Japanese music and CSI!

xoxo-nimo

8. robospanker_fan

youkai_girl , do you by any chance watch the anime Rurouni Kenshin? Cause I know T.M.Revolution did 'Heart of Sword', The Yellow Monkey did 'Tactics' and L'Arc-en-Ciel did 'Fourth Avenue Cafe'.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I haven't heard it yet. :( I'm having to cut back on expenses, and I've had problems with file-sharing, so...one day though!

God, I love his voice. It's so sexy! And HE'S so sexy too. I've heard some bad things about him though.

I'd love to come to Tokyo! See Shibuya (is the big Ferris Wheel still there?), and the rest of the city. :)

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I've seen part of Kenshin (I've read more of the manga than what I've seen of the anime), but you're right, that's how I found those artists. I also found Siam Shade and Bonnie Pink through that anime. :D Too bad that Siam Shade has disbanded.

11. robospanker_fan

Siam Shade's 'Junjou na Kanjou' was one of my favourites. They disbanded? How incredibly sad. :(
    Bonnie Pink's 'Its Gonna Rain' is so good!!! Quite jazzy at the start.

12. GregSandersLover

Yeah bonnie pink is quite jazzy...I listen to her when I take a bath :D tis relaxing :)

and what ferris wheel!? There was one in Shibuya!? That would have been so cool... lol But we should all go to karaoke and sing our fave J-pop songs....

Btw is karaoke seen as a not so good thing in your countries? 'cause in Japan it's a place where everyone like chills...Like teenagers etc etc...

Edited by moderator - illegal filetransfer

Oh yeah does anyone know/like Southern All Stars? I love them...they're like a classic...Of the J-pop/rock world... *happy sigh*

Guys, Downloading rules go also here in Misc. No talks about downloading, sendings songs via e-mail, nothing. Thanks! -DaW

13. robospanker_fan

Karaoke... Lol, once I was on holiday with my family and we sang till we were outta breath. Sadly, no Japanese songs though.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, its been a few years since Siam Shade disbanded. Which is really sad considering how well they sang.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

i am so glad i found this thread!
    im currently staying in japan for 6 months, for on a gap volunteer placement and having been trying to learn the language, but im really rubbish!

so someone told me i should listen to japanese music. i had absolutely no idea where to start, but you guys have saved me from the embarassement of going to the local music store and asking (in faltering japanese) "what music is cool?"!

thank you!