Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. M-n-Mfan7

M-n-Mfan7 Victim

I agree with you...I loved the season 2 Lindsay and how in "snow Day" she put the moves on him.....she has a nitch for details I would loe to see that nitch really cause some turmoil with the CSI's.....and maybe the baby...do you think that we will see alot of baby Messer....or should I say "Princess Messer" you know shes going to be her daddy's princesss......I cant wait to see Danny's face when his baby girl comes into this world....WOW that ones going to be even better than Green Piece when they got married.
    I hope that they dont name her anything crazy... we allheardsoem ofe boy names that Danny came up with.... he gets shot in the season fianle and is in a coma but pulls thru.....into season 6

2. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

ooo seeing a dark side to Lindsay would be really interesting to see. i really liked her in "Stealing Home" she got frustrated and angry when she didn't get the answers it made watching the character so intriguing. after i showed "Stealing Home" to my roommate she now calls Lindsay a feisty piece of s**t" haha (my roomie means that with the best intentions she's a Lindsay fan as well).

it would be cool to see Lindsay get obsessive and dark and twisty about a case but i wouldn't want to see someone she cares about be in some trouble b/c of her, that i think would be a bit too much.

good idea though Top41 this is something i think we'd all like to see Lindsay go for an ep, bring something different to her character.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Yeah, I think "Stealing Home" gave us a glimpse of a really interesting side of her that we unfortunately never really saw again. It would be cool to see something bring that out again--maybe if someone endangered Danny and/or the baby. I'd like to see her dark side come out like that again.

4. Bunchie

Bunchie Dead on Arrival

i have to agree with top..we did get to see a glimpse of lindsay dark side in that epi..i would also love to see lindsay reacting to danny or the baby being in in danger..

bring lindsay back asap!!

5. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I agree bring lindsay back!!!

I agree with everyone I would love to see lindsay's dark side. You know this season of Csi ny has been really great, but its been all about Mac and Stella. I just wish that one day we could see a lindsay episode there has not been many of those. Maybe see her in danger or somthing cause lord knows that stells's life is in danger atleast once or twice a season. For once I want someone other then Mac and Stella in danger.

6. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Well, hey there Top! Nice to see you in this thread. I think it would be wonderful to get back the LIndsay that we started out with. I've been watching season 2 for the past few days and I really like how she started out. Stealing Home was a great episode for her and I would love to see more of that Lindsay.

You're right. An episode where someone she loves is endangered would be a great opportunity to bring out that dark side of her.

Carminelove15, the only problem with Lindsay being the one in danger is that they would have to lock Danny up somewhere and put Flack on guard in order for her to be the main character in the ep. There's no way he would sit by and not try and save the day if she were in danger :) I would love for her to be in that situation and save the day by herself but I just don't see Danny standing by and letting her. I just can't see it!

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Hi CSI Cupcake! I thought she was really interesting in that episode--that dark, obsessed side of her seemed like a really interesting facet of the character. I wish we'd gotten to see more of that because it was something that really intrigued me about her--especially the way she defied Mac to go try to get an answer out of the killer.

See, I'd much rather see Lindsay be the one to rescue Danny, who is the resident damsel-in-distress after all. :lol: I have to admit, I'm not as interested in seeing Lindsay herself in danger--that puts her in a much more passive role, and I think we've seen enough of that. I'd rather see her in a situation where she has to save someone else--kind of like "Not What It Looks Like" but showcasing her intense side as well. And without the focus being on Danny worried about her--like I said, maybe she could save him or something. Either way, I think it would be to the character's benefit to see her in a more active role.

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

There's a reason why Stealing Home is my favourite episode from season 2. ;) I agree with you guys, I loved to see this side of her. I love that the victim was from Montana as well and how she had this talk with Sarah's father. It was interesting because it made me wonder how her parents reacted when Lindsay decided to go to New York. The case really affected her and it was great to see this obsessed side of her, determined to get answers for her questions. It even made her visit Vackner in prison. I agree, I would LOVE to see an episode like that again.

I have to say, I also don't want to see her in danger (mostly because I just don't want her to be in danger :lol: ). The scene from 'Not What It Looks Like' though was great as well. You could see she was frightened but forced herself to stay calm because she was determined to save the girl. I think this was another time when we got to see this side of her; she was determined to help this girl and even was willing to do the undercover job.

Like I said, I would love to see her lead a case. Saving someone again would be awesome as well. Now with the baby there might be a lot of cases that could make her become obsessed with solving them or with finding answers again, especially when kids are involved.

9. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I would love to see that also. Not only would we get a chance to see kick ass Lindsay (because I'm sure she does exist) but there would also be a perfect opportunity to bring up her past trauma in a positive way. It's one thing having her digging in and trying to save a complete stranger, but having her dealing with someone she loves in danger adds a new dimension. I'd like to see her struggling with trying to save Danny (and it would have to be Danny because if he was with her, it would end up being about him) and dealing with the emotional aspect of not being able to help her friends in the diner. There could be a nice parallel drawn between the two.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  10. Kemy

Kemy Dead on Arrival

Kick ass Lindsay? :D:D:D love that word!!!!

But everything you say is totally right. It would be the big deal she needs to become a developed character on her own, she really needs a change from those Danny-addicted girl she became back to the young and likeable forensic she was in season two. There is to less action that comes from herself, she doesnt do anything.
    Saving "someone she loves" might be a good begin on her way back to life.

11. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Oh yes, ´Stealing home´ was a great Lindsay episode. I also would have liked to see her obsessive side more often.
    After Lindsay´s talk with Sarah´s father, I thought we would see something about Lindsay´s relationship with her dad. Something must happened between them before she went to NY.
    I don´t know why I thought of it but do we actually know why Lindsay has become a CSI. I really would like to see flashbacks when she was a young CSI in Montana.
    Like Brinchen said, there are so many opportunities now with the baby. I could totally see her becoming obsessed with solving the murder of a mother.
    Can´t wait for Lindsay´s return

12. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

Im definitely hoping next season they dont make everything with Lindsay, about Danny or the Baby (as in just seeing her with the baby, talking about it, in the back of scenes, etc) only because, I miss the Season 2 Lindsay and I think once this babies born its a fantastic opportunity for them to bring that old Lindsay back. Heres hoping.

13. CSI Cupcake

I just watched this one again today, and noticed that the pictures she looks at on the computer at the end of the episode are of her in various shots from Montana with family and friends. I think that was a sweet addition to the mood of the show. This is definitely one of the coolest episodes ever for Lindsay. Love it from beginning to end and can't wait for the writers to give her some real substance this season. I truly hope the writers look at this thread when they come to the internet.

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

^^^I loved this scene with the photos. This case really reminded her of her home back in Montana. You know who I also would have liked to see? Uncle Freddie! All her family members are living in Montana, but he's not. So it would definitely be possible to show him. I would so love to see Lindsay interact with a family member.

Exactly, that's what I was thinking as well. Back then I thought maybe her relationship to her father wasn't the best. After The Box, where Danny mentioned her father and the birthday presents, I got the feeling it was the other way though. Maybe she always had a close relationship to her father, but they had problems when she decided to go to Montana. Maybe because he was afraid? Maybe he already was overprotective because what had happened to her? I would love to find out how her relationship to her family is. Maybe she could mention her trip to Montana and how her parents reacted to her husband and child? I really think this storyline has so much potential to show us more of her character.

15. CSI Cupcake

Brinchen, I just realized yesterday while watching season 2 that she had an uncle Freddie in Tarrytown. I had no idea she even had any relatives on the east coast!

I think her relationship with her father was good. I heard love in her voice when she said "tell Daddy I love him" and also when she was talking with Sid in autopsy. She sounded so warm when she talked about her daddy teaching her how to braid rawhide. I am learning so much about the character from season 2 DVD. Best money I ever spent on a TV show!

I'm now sitting here getting my afternoon fix of season 4 on spike tv and have confirmed to myself that Anna is a wonderful actress and Lindsay is just perfect to work with young women. In Admissions she interviewed the Deputy Inspectors daughter, who had been raped and she was wonderful. Just the right touch of compassion and caring while keeping it professional enough to get the answers she needed. So warm and caring while being a cop all at the same time.

I am so impressed with her. Oh yeah, and she really kicks ass when confronting the suspect at the end.