Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Welcome MS1213, I haven't been here in a while.

I am looking forward to the first eipsode so much, everything I have read gives me a very good feeling about it. I am so pleased that they have given Anna this stroryline. It is about time that they gave her something that she can sink her teeth into. I just hope that they don't try and fix it in one episode, because this kind of storyline deserves more than that just as Flacks did.

I am also really looking forward to seeing her working with Sela, I think that she is going to be an interesting addition to the show. I will miss Melina and I am not to sure why but i have such a good feeling about Sela joining. I have a feeling that we are going to see a real friendship develop between Lindsay and Jo.

Bring on 24th!! :beer:

I agree with you. Those episodes of other shows which we talked about earlier show that she is really great at those intense storylines. It is nice that we see something that now is affecting her. I love to see Lindsay in the role of the supporter. But we didn't see her in the role of the one who needs support since the storyline about her friends. It will be interesting to see how she will react to this situation, how she will keep it to herself or open up. I agree, I want this to be a multiepisode storyline. I mean, problems can't be solved within one episode, especially not if she still has problems after a time jump. So it would be good if it was brought up occasionally.

It will be interesting to see the women interact.

I can't wait to see how she reacts to this as well.

When she was at the shooting when she was younger she hid but this time she took action. Perhaps in some way it helps her to finally overcome the demons of her friends death. But, is she going to be able to live with herself for killing someone, even if it is a crazy murderer with your child in his arms.

I think this may bring out some of the season 2 Lindsay again - like from the end of Dancing with the Fishes or Stealing Home. Or perhaps her venerable side where she doesn't know quite what to do or feel like in All Access

Oh! That is a very interesting thought as well. I already thought about it that unlike those times before (with her friends and then later at the bar with the team), she couldn't do anything as with her friends, she had to hide and at the bar, it was a surprise for them all. Now she could do something, like you said, take action. Who knows? Maybe this really helps her with her past; she finally gets the chance to do something. But just like you, I wonder how she will handle that she had to shoot Shane Casey. No matter if he's a serial killer or not, I could imagine it's hard to do that, especially in such a situation.

Oh yeah, I would like to see that! Those scenes you mentioned are wonderful scenes that give us an insight into her character. I definitely want more of that!

LME said:
I am looking forward to the first eipsode so much, everything I have read gives me a very good feeling about it. I am so pleased that they have given Anna this stroryline. It is about time that they gave her something that she can sink her teeth into. I just hope that they don't try and fix it in one episode, because this kind of storyline deserves more than that just as Flacks did.

This. I don't even have anything to add, because that's my view in a nutshell. I don't need a season-long storyline of drama, but a) this is kind of a serious issue, and b) it bugs the hell out of me when the franchise brushes off killing issues :p So I definitely want to see her deal with it, and get over it -- and I have to agree with what was said here earlier, I think it could (should?) make her stronger in the end.

Brinchen said:
Oh! That is a very interesting thought as well. I already thought about it that unlike those times before (with her friends and then later at the bar with the team), she couldn't do anything as with her friends, she had to hide and at the bar, it was a surprise for them all. Now she could do something, like you said, take action. Who knows? Maybe this really helps her with her past; she finally gets the chance to do something. But just like you, I wonder how she will handle that she had to shoot Shane Casey. No matter if he's a serial killer or not, I could imagine it's hard to do that, especially in such a situation.

And this is exactly how! :lol: I've been considering it, because earlier I believed shooting Shane would mess her up a lot (I still think it would, and 7.01 kind of indicates it has). But thinking about it, she was left helpless in the first diner shooting when her friends were killed -- she hid in the bathroom, would've been killed herself if she hadn't. Second diner shooting, she couldn't do much either, and then Danny was crippled. I really, really love "third-time's-the-charm" story dynamics, and I agree it's really significant that the third time people she loves were in danger, she was able to take out the source of the danger on her own. I think killing someone would bother her (only because there's no indication she's even come close before), but if she manages to reconcile that -- I think her added edge from S6 could help with that -- I could easily see her becoming stronger overall from the experience.

LME said:
I am also really looking forward to seeing her working with Sela, I think that she is going to be an interesting addition to the show. I will miss Melina and I am not to sure why but i have such a good feeling about Sela joining. I have a feeling that we are going to see a real friendship develop between Lindsay and Jo.

Oh this is so tricky...:p:lol: On the one hand, I'm still a little upset over Stella's leaving, and because I did like the Stella/Lindsay dynamic, it upsets me a little more.

On the other hand, this is another way I'm so so convinced there's no way Jo is going to be a replacement. Imo, Lindsay and Jo's dynamic is going to be INCREDIBLY different from Stella and Lindsay's, so I can't wait to see how. Obviously I don't know exactly how, but there are so many factors with Jo that were different with Stella. Stella knew Lindsay when she was the rookie, had three overall years of CSI-experience before New York, and hadn't grown much; not to mention she was her supervisor/mentor/whatevs. They had the whole "kiddo" thing going.

Jo's only going to know the post-trial/having-a-daughter/dealing-with-the-bar-shooting-in-Pay-Up/dealing-with-Shane's-shooting/been-on-the-job-nine-years!Lindsay...she's grown, that whole "kiddo" dynamic can't possibly come back (gotta admit I'll miss it, though ;)). Jo is still going to be Lindsay's boss, but I don't know if she'll have to be her teacher as well, like Stella was in the beginning. So I've always wondered what a more...well, equal-playing-field relationship would be like. That's just flat-out exciting, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. :lol:

ETA: Almost forgot! :thumbsup: *waves* Welcome, MS1213!

Last edited:
ITA Maya316, Lindsay is not the person she was when she arrived. When she was a young lady hidding her past now she has been through so much and is now a Woman. Like I said I am going to miss Stella and her friendship with Lindsay but I think she is going to have a whole different kind of friendship with Jo.

We don't really know that much about Jo or her past as yet but Jo has only just arrived she is just going to see Lindsay as she is now, so perhaps in someway because Jo is not close to the situation as the rest of the team she may (and I repeat MAY) be able to help Lindsay deal with what happened with Shane.

The storyline does not need to last the whole season but it does deserve to be done properly and I really do not think that it is something that can be done right in one episode.

I don't expect a storyline that lasts all season long either, because I think that would get boring. But like you guys, I want it to come up again. I also believe it will make her stronger. I do believe one has to be strong anyway to handle what she had to go through in the past, let alone getting into such situations again more than once.

I agree with you, LME. I could imagine that some distance because Jo doesn't know the team so well yet can be helpful in such a situation because sometimes distance is needed to have an objective view.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to how all this will play out on screen!

I agree with you, LME. I could imagine that some distance because Jo doesn't know the team so well yet can be helpful in such a situation because sometimes distance is needed to have an objective view.

Exactly, thats how I see it as well.

Whatever happens I really would love to see Lindsay be able to open more about her issues with someone. We have know distructive it can be when she keeps it all inside and tells no one - she sucks it up until breaks. I would love to see her be able to talk to Danny about it because a) he was there as well, and b) he is her husband; and they seemed to be dealing with things together before all this happened.

I know that it is very doubtful we will see this but I wonder how this will affect her relationships with the others, will it change they way they see her.

Although Flacks situation is a bit different both he and Lindsay killed someone for someone they love, him out of revenge and her out of protection; they have always seems to have fun and get along well but will this bring a new level of understanding between them? Mac has always appeared to be quite fatherly towards her, in the promo pic he looks very proud to be giving her the award.

I really can not wait to see how this plays out.

Yep, I agree with you. She already knows what happens when she keeps it all inside. She did it back then in season 3 until it came out by itself, and that was a pretty difficult time she had. She reacted to certain situations and no one understood what was going on.

I agree with you that Lindsay should open up to Danny because like you said, he was there as well and he is her husband, and, also like you said, they can handle such things together. She wanted him to talk to her in season 6, now it's her turn to talk to him about how she is and how she's feeling.

That's an interesting question as well. She is close to all team members. That's at least how I see her; she gets along with them all very well. And I agree with you, Mac looks indeed proud when he gives her the medal. I really would love to see her interact with all the others and see how they react to the whole situation.

May well be wrong but i have a feeling that she is going to start internalizing again. But for the same kind of reason that Danny told her he had a 60% chance of walking and not 10% like the doctor said. I think she will be doing it to proct Danny and Lindsay from what is really going on in her head. I just hope we see Danny give Lindsay kick in ass lindsay gave him with her 10% is enough speech. The fact at Carmine said he is her rock makes me hopeful we are going to see something very special between them continue to build.

I would actually like to see Lindsay lose a bit like she did in silent night but to REALLY fall apart, not at work again or anything, but I would love to see Danny comfort her, make her laugh again and see that its okay so feel the way she does but it will be okay.

The way the others are with lindsay really does interest me in particular with flack

Oh, I really love all the points you bring up! Yeah, I could definitely see her keeping it to herself. It's an interesting thought that she could do it to protect them both from her thoughts. I also think she feels more comfortable in the role of the strong one. You know what I mean? Like in season 3, when Stella almost had to push her to actually hear something about her past. She also didn't have a problem to show how affected she was when Stella got hurt, but she doesn't seem to want to show how she's feeling when it's about her. At least when it comes to the other team members as Lindsay has some intense conversations with Danny sometimes. I think one of the few times she said what she was feeling and thinking was in Greater Good when she told Stella why she was so nervous. :lol:

It will be interesting to see if Lindsay will react the same way or differently as she now.

Yep, I agree. Lets hope we will see the interactions with them all as well.

Last edited:
Oh, I really love all the points you bring up! Yeah, I could definitely see her keeping it to herself. It's an interesting thought that she could do it to protect them both from her thoughts. I also think she feels more comfortable in the role of the strong one. You know what I mean? Like in season 3, when Stella almost had to push her to actually hear something about her past. She also didn't have a problem to show how affected she was when Stella got hurt, but she doesn't seem to want to show how she's feeling when it's about her. At least when it comes to the other team members as Lindsay has some intense conversations with Danny sometimes. I think one of the few times she said what she was feeling and thinking was in Greater Good when she told Stella why she was so nervous. :lol:

It will be interesting to see if Lindsay will react the same way or differently as she now.

Yep, I agree. Lets hope we will see the interactions with them all as well.

Exactly! it is like she has to be the strong one all the time. If she has a problem she hides it or brushes it off but if it is someoneelse with the issue she wants to help or try to fix it.

That is one of the reasons why I am so interested to see how they play this out and how/if it will she and the others are with each other if she is having issues.

I am sure lindsay will be happy for Stella (it is a good opportunity for her) but she was her only "girl" friend we saw her with (the chat in Greater good is a good example of that) but I wonder how she will take stella leaving.

I also wonder how she will handle that. They had a lot to do with each other. Stella was the first one who Lindsay told about her friends. And she was there at the hospital and listened to her thoughts and gave advice. And Stella told Lindsay about Drew, when she found it odd that he was sending her all those presents. I wonder which kind of relationship Lindsay will have with Jo. And like you, I also wonder how the others will react. Will they act as if nothing happened or try to talk to her? All of them are different.

I also wonder how she will handle that. They had a lot to do with each other. Stella was the first one who Lindsay told about her friends. And she was there at the hospital and listened to her thoughts and gave advice. And Stella told Lindsay about Drew, when she found it odd that he was sending her all those presents. I wonder which kind of relationship Lindsay will have with Jo. And like you, I also wonder how the others will react. Will they act as if nothing happened or try to talk to her? All of them are different.
Exactly! It was Stella asked about the dangers of the lab when her "friend" discovered she was pregnant. I think that she will be pleased and happy for her but...... Stella was the one who helped her on her first day "Let me give you a tip........"

But I do have a good feeling about Lindsay and Jo, maybe we will get a bit of the Woman Power back like when Stella and Lindsay used to work cases together back in the days of 2 case eipsodes.

LME said:
May well be wrong but i have a feeling that she is going to start internalizing again.

Oh, I really love all the points you bring up! Yeah, I could definitely see her keeping it to herself. It's an interesting thought that she could do it to protect them both from her thoughts. I also think she feels more comfortable in the role of the strong one. You know what I mean? Like in season 3, when Stella almost had to push her to actually hear something about her past. She also didn't have a problem to show how affected she was when Stella got hurt, but she doesn't seem to want to show how she's feeling when it's about her.
Internalizing is what Lindsay does -- I think she`s been doing it ever since the first diner shooting when she was a kid, and it`s a lot of what we`ve seen her do since she`s been on the show :lol: For myself, though, I think with this, I`d want to see it become a little harder for her than it usually is, so that she maybe gives up on trying to keep people out altogether. I mean, she is seeing a therapist, and while I really don`t believe said therapist is going to get that much out of her (at least, not in a short time period; Stella had to really push to get anything out of her in S3, and Lindsay had known Stella for over a year by then), I`m kind of hoping the therapy manages to at least weaken the walls, so that she lets someone else on the team in. Even if it`s not the therapist herself.

I can`t even really explain what it is I want :lol: I don`t want her to stop internalizing completely, because that`s Lindsay (I can`t even picture what she might be like if she stopped doing that). But it would be fun to see her grow out of that at least a bit, since this storyline could be a great catalyst for character growth.

I would actually like to see Lindsay lose a bit like she did in silent night but to REALLY fall apart, not at work again or anything, but I would love to see Danny comfort her, make her laugh again and see that its okay so feel the way she does but it will be okay.
This is where I have to disagree, though, sorry :/ Not just because I hate D/L (though I know I`m not fooling anyone, so yeah, that`s at least 60% of the reason:alienblush: :p). But for one thing, I`m getting a little tired of the notion (that the show has, not you guys :lol:) that Danny`s the only one who should ever be the support for Lindsay because they`re married. For another thing, the tiny bit of spoiler I`ve seen for 7.01 kind of indicates that Danny, like Mac, is one of the ones all proud of her for getting the medal at the ceremony, thus indicating he`s pretty oblivious to whatever issues she`s having over it. At least at that point (in all fairness, that might change later on in the episode, but if it does I just hope it doesn`t take over). That kind of thing is hard to `accidentally` hide when you`re living with someone, so I`m kind of assuming that if Danny`s oblivious, it`s because Lindsay feels he shouldn`t be let in on these issues.

Which gets into the whole Lindsay-feeling-she-needs-to-be-strong-for-him mentioned here, but to be honest if that`s why she`s keeping her issues from him, she has a point. That`s the third thing. IIRC, Danny`s never seen Lindsay fall apart. Ever. (Even during the trial, he only came in at a time when she`d already calmed down.) Stella and Sid have, even Mac`s seen her almost crack before, but Danny hasn`t; in large part that`s because Lindsay`s never let him. Maybe she needs to feel like she`s strong when it comes to him, I`m not sure, but imo I don`t see that changing now.

And I think that dynamic works fine enough, and I get why she does it
(there are some people you just do not want to see you at your weak point) -- and it usually means someone else is confronting Lindsay`s near-breakdowns, which I`m far more interested in anyway. Depending on who it is this time, there`s way more potential for relationship-development. I know what Carmine said about being a `rock`, but it is possible for Danny to do that without knowing every one of Lindsay`s issues. Lindsay did it in S6 without knowing every one of Danny`s injury-issues; she knew some of them, but he talked to Hawkes about others.

Brinchen said:
Lindsay has some intense conversations with Danny sometimes.

She`s had intense conversations about him (Epilogue, Vacation Getaway) or their relationship (S4, VG again) -- not about her, as far as we know. It`s not the same thing. The darker conversations regarding her are usually had with Mac or Stella, or both....I`m kind of hoping that continues (well, with other team members too *cough*Flack/Adam/Hawkes/Jo*cough* now that Stella isn`t here anymore, but still).

Last edited:
Back