Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

A couple of things to add: Shane was a severly demented, wanted criminal and he was in her residence holding her family at gunpoint. For her to have the presence of mind to take him out while he held her child and had her husband at gunpoint (providing that is what happened) is medal-worthy in my book.

But I'm sure there is a whole lot of CYA involved in giving her the medal because she shouldn't have been put in that situation in the first place. Truth is, Danny should have not put her in the position of having to make the decision to report his badge in the first place. Truth is the NYPD had Shane and lost him multiple times. Truth is they should have had guards on their apartment until he was found, either dead or alive. Truth is she had to take care of it herself after everyone else screwed up.

I can't wait to see how it plays out.

2. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I agree she was brave and cool under pressure, so yeah she might deserve a medal for that. Then again, other characters have been so too (Mac with Suspect X again, even Stella with Frankie, who’d easily qualify as deranged) without being similarly acknowledged, let alone with a ceremony. Stella got a “good shoot”, but that’s it. They may not have also had family at stake, but circumstances were at least as similar. This is why it seems logical (to me) to conclude that NYPD’s not awarding a cop’s bravery here with Lindsay; they’re having a field day because of who the criminal was and how bad he made NYPD look.

Basically, all this. This is exactly right – but being awarded for ending a life because NYPD couldn’t keep him safely locked away (and alive) would still seem very hollow and meaningless, imo anyway. Because while I know people do get awards for that very thing, it generally is NYPD’s job to keep the criminals alive to face the system. That’s always such a big theme on this show (between Mac’s speech on justice and killing in 4.07 and Flack’s guilt in 6.04 and 6.08, that’s kind of how I’ve always seen it). The few times a criminal’s/suspect’s death isn’t met with indifference, it’s met with IAB investigations and bad press. I don’t remember if they’ve ever overturned that policy for anyone else, but they’re doing it here, so I could see why this might seem hollow to Lindsay.

I'd really love to see the ceremony played out this way, especially because the spoilers somewhat indicate that Lindsay's uncomfortable with the ceremony. I'm just hoping she's getting the big celebration because of a more layered, maybe sinister reason, rather than because the writers feel like giving her special treatment :lol:

Same here! ;)

3. MesserNMontana

MesserNMontana Victim

i can't wait for the new season to start i love lindsay she's my favourite character!

4. CSIaholic

CSIaholic Dead on Arrival

Danny is my favorite character and always will be my favorite character (even though i despised him for a little while) but Lindsay is a VERY close second. I love her and I am glad that she is still on the show because it seems like all the females are leaving. First Angell and that pissed me off, and now Stella. I just hope that Lindsay isn't next.

And I can't wait for the premiere! I hope that CSI: NY gets a fresh start with Season 7 and starts getting its fans back on board because it pains me to see my favorite show lose so many viewers. :(

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Danny's...pretty far behind Lindsay as being my fave
    char goes.
    :lol:

And not that i dislike
    him, but as far as the S7
    storylines go, him and DL-as-a-couple are the last
    things things i want to see.

6. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

a DL storyline is the LAST freaking thing i want to see on this show!! i like a little bit of personal character stories but the DL story was taken out of control for some time. it really over shadowed Lindsay as a character which was so unfair. it seemed the focus was on Danny with the whole baby thing last year. i was like hello Lindsay is obviously in this as well lets get her side of things.

i just want to see them as separate characters again. i get so excited when (if) they're not in a scene together for Lindsay's sake. the writers seem to not be able to realize that Lindsay is a good character BY HERSELF!! they started her off as her own great character and then in season 4 they blew it. if Grey's Anatomy can bring back seasons 1-2 Meredith then NY can bring back season2-3 Lindsay!!

season 7 can be a fresh start for this show and for its characters and it desperately needed. it's almost like the writers don't understand their show needs to get back on track and they're bringing it down.

7. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Has anyone of you checked out Anna's episode on Law & Order: SVU titled 'Manhunt' (2001)? I just watched it recently and she was very good there! She was young and cute too! :) :D The episode was intense and awesome. I hope you watch it.

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I don't think I've seen that one yet! I know I'd seen her in two L&O episodes (awesome ones, btw), but realized recently they were from the original L&O. *mourns* Will have to check out the SVU one.

This, a zillion times over! To be fair, they were even doing fairly well at keeping her individuality in early-mid S4, and toward the beginning of S5 before everything went down the DL-vacuum again; S6 was the worst of it, though. I'm seriously, seriously hoping they do better in S7 because she's a great character and they seem to be building a little on some of the little-bit-of-extra-awesomeness she had in S6. I'd really love to see her S2/early-S3-self back again, too. I want to see if this storyline strengthens her more, or ...well, just want to see what it'll do to her and how it'll affect her in the long run in general :lol: , and I might chuck my TV if I'm just treated to season 2 of the DL show again, instead...

(OT, but thank you so much for the point on S1-2 Meredith from Grey's :lol: Agree completely.)

9. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

Yeah, I'd have to agree with what has been said here. I love the Danny/Lindsay relationship, but I would like to see it take a back-seat this season in favour of story-lines centered on Lindsay as an individual.

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Okay, question: How cute is she in this? :lol:
    [​IMG]

Mac's look is adorable too, but I don't know who they let approve the medal... in a scene where literally everything is blue :lol: the green is just really off for the uniform.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  11. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

God she looks so good in
    Dress Uniform
    She is just smoking hot. Can't wait for more pics (especially ones of her facing the camera) , the scene itself and Season 7 in general. Thanks for posting that here. :cool:

12. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Thanks to vegaslights for the spoilers!

Gah, I hate waiting :lol: So anticipatory-wary-excited-this-isn't-even-funny-anymore, but I kind of like the bit about how valuable family is to her -- I wonder if that's how she'll reconcile with killing Shane, realizing she did it to protect hers.

Way more interested in the bit on who she's become, though. Not only could it be a chance to get back to S2 Lindsay and compare her to now, but also maybe a followup on what I thought I saw in S6 -- she's getting a little harder, darker, which is cool if it helps her get over things like this, but it seems like they'll finally show how she feels about the change, or if she's just now noticing it.

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Wow, I don't remember when I saw this thread so active for the last time. :lol: It's so good to see. :) Now where do I start?

I saw the Anna episode of Law & Order SVU and I was so amazed by her performance. It was so intense! Her character had to go through so much and she portrayed it really believable. I just wanted to hug her!

Now everything season 7 is spoiler over here, right? Well, better try to be safe.

I have to say this time I'm really curious and looking forward to the premiere. Thanks for posting the picture btw! I agree, she is super smoking hot in her uniform. Very sexy! I think she should wear something like that more often. ;)

I'm really happy to see that Lindsay has a storyline here and I so want to see it. Anna is so fantastic with portraying emotions (like in that SVU episode and I still want to see The Handler finally). Did you read the comments Matt from TV guide made? It seems like she gets some brilliant scenes in the premiere. He said Anna has some really good scenes.

14. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

Hey everyone. I'm new to this board. And I'm a huge Anna/Lindsay fan.

Brinchen, I have seen that SVU episode you mentioned and thought Anna gave an outstanding performance in it. Have you seen her WAT episode? She gave a great performance in that too.

I'm looking forward to what season 7 will bring for her character.

15. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Welcome to this thread, MS1213!

Oh yes! I saw the Without A Trace episode (even the dubbed version thanks to a friend who showed it to me) and that was so fantastic as well! Such a powerful role. You could really see what a conflict she was in. Especially the interrogation scene at the end was very intense as well. She's really good with those emotional roles. Now I feel like rewatching those episodes again. :lol:

I hope we'll get a good season 7 premiere promo soon! I really would love to see something. But then again if I see some of those scenes, I might be even more impatient than I'm now. :lol: