Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Okay ... Wow. I'm almost afraid to leave again, if the thread explodes after less than one day away :lol:

carminelove15, can I just say I have yet to stop laughing at those pics? :guffaw:They're so cute! Where did you find them? I've been looking for "Handler" pics everywhere! Lol, I can't believe how curious I am right now...I really wish I'd seen this show. Could explain why Hill Harper and Anna Belknap are so, well, easygoing in the scenes they're usually in; I knew they'd worked together on The Handler, I just didn't know which character Hill played :lol:

It's a little unnerving how much Lily looks like Lindsay though :wtf: I mean seriously, those last two pics? They could almost be deleted scenes from Season 2 or early Season 3.

I don't think the first pic is that creepy though; I agree, they probably were undercover. I know enough about the show to know they mostly dealt with shady undercover stuff, and I think that pic is directly from a scene like that...look how in the other two pics they look like a totally "good" boy and girl :lol: I would so sign a petition to bring this show to DVD, though.

I'm still really pissed at TPTB for the lost opportunities that could've come from "Stealing Home", especially with that scene with Sara's dad (you're right, that was a fabulous one). They had a perfect chance to introduce some realistic, non-over-the-top drama into Lindsay's character and make it run in a very interesting direction, and they never followed up on it. I too got the feeling that Lindsay's dad might have been very much like Sara's...was maybe angry at her for moving to New York (Lindsay did seem to get kind of an ironic look on her face when Sara's dad started explaining his situation with Sara); could explain why we've heard about her mom several times and her brothers (if only through Danny), but not once has anyone mentioned her dad. Maybe he has a really bad relationship with Lindsay.

It'd be comedy gold :D They each play off of each other so well, too -- I mean, Danny-Flack scenes rarely leave me not-laughing, same with Danny-Adam scenes, Lindsay-Flack, Lindsay-Adam, and in all fairness, the one Flack-Adam scene I remember was way too serious to be funny, but they were still hilarious together in the "Communication Breakdown" group scene at the end. Danny-Lindsay...they haven't made me funny-laugh since Season 2 really (although condom-spray and "Dennis the Menace" were pretty hilarious), but they've cracked me up before, maybe they still could :p All together they'd be pure win.

Still have to get around to the finale!! (On episode 12 right about now) I've seen brief clips from that episode, not enough to piece it together :( Lol, can't wait!

Yeah: On Youtube now, actually, if you search using "Neal McDonough Medical Investigation", it'll bring up whole episodes of the show. I mean, they'll still be in parts -- like, "Med Investigation Ep 1, Part 1" -- but pretty much all the episodes from the series are up. That's how I've mostly been watching it lately.:)

Vegas is by far the funniest of the three :lol: Definitely with the episodes highlighting the lab rats; although between Nick, Warrick and Grissom there were plenty more laughs. The latter three were definitely doing it on purpose, though; Hodges is kind of funny without meaning to be funny, I think :p (and yet he makes me laugh the most) And Catherine with her dry wit and Brass with his sarcasm -- I always feel like pointing them out to Horatio on Miami and being all "See, see; that's how you do a one-liner!" Comedy is a very central part of that show with almost all the characters -- and I feel like it's something NY has tried to emulate, especially in latter years (it was funny in its first season, but not nearly as much as it is now); and specifically created certain characters to bring that element of funny. And they need that.

(Going really OT here, I know, but I have to mention it: Whereas with Miami, it's exactly the opposite -- with the exception of Frank Tripp [and he's good, but not enough to counteract the rest of the cast], there haven't been any consistently-funny characters until recently, and few funny moments IMO. Oh, but I haven't seen many episodes from Season 2, so I don't know about the Calleigh moment...)

I was actually a little hesitant to rank Lindsay among the characters introduced to NY largely to bring the comedy (not to be too bitter here, but I still have the eerie feeling there was basically one reason she was brought onto the show :shifty:)...but it's been mentioned before that she was also intended to lighten up the show, and well, she's definitely lighter than Aiden was in terms of humour. (Not that Aiden didn't have her funny moments too -- lol, "Holy boobjobs, Batman" :lol: -- but it was definitely more with the sarcastic wit, and imo Lindsay's just funnier, both meaningfully and unconsciously.) Even in her first season she had very funny moments: that sequence in "Bad Beat" where they juxtaposed Flack going door-to-door with Lindsay digging through the dumpster; in "Wasted", listing all the things leeches could be used for; walking off with those guitars in "Stuck on You"; the doot-da-doots moment when they were interviewing the subway conductor in "Risk"...although I will say her comedy material got better later on. She isn't really a character I could picture seeing on Miami -- well, I could, but it'd lighten up that show a lot IMO ;) -- but she fits in well with the other funny characters we have on NY. Interestingly enough, I could totally picture her among the lab rats and Greg in Vegas.

Oh yeah, Mac and Lindsay have definitely had one of the most cordial relationships he has with any of the rest of the team. I totally agree about that; I think she's definitely a favourite with him. To be honest, though, I'm a little bothered by the dynamic, especially their earlier (S2-S4) one. I was kind of hoping in "Like Water for Murder" that we'd finally see a little conflict in the Mac/Lindsay relationship, that he'd actually take her to task for leaving evidence out while the lab was under inspection, only we didn't really get that (although IMO, Lindsay still took the mild reprimand he did give her pretty harshly...I mean, she hasn't messed up at work even once since then. It's been almost two years.). We've seen Mac get into little skirmishes with Danny (several times), Hawkes (several times), Flack (several times), Stella (several times), hell Adam (several times)...every other character who works for him, basically. That's kind of what he does. Yet not Lindsay. I agree that among them, he only really sees Stella as an equal (although I'd say Flack would come in a close second, especially since Season 4). But like with the conflicts, he doesn't seem to indulge the others nearly as much as he does Lindsay. When they mess up, they mess up, and he (usually) lets them know about it.

Additionally, like csinynut said earlier in the thread, I can't picture him allowing Danny/Hawkes/Adam/etc (maybe Stella, though) to really use him as a guinea pig the way he lets Lindsay, and while it's definitely funny, it also kind of indicates that he respects the others as adults who usually don't need to be coddled; whereas with Lindsay, it's more like he sees her as too much of a daughter figure. Not that I don't find it very cute in a way (I love Lindsay, so in my own view I could totally see how others would too). But on the other hand, I would totally get it if Lindsay did have this obsessive need to prove herself to Mac...because it'd be easy to see why she might think he doesn't really take her seriously.

Lol, okay, and that's a lot to write about Lindsay (or anyone) at one in the morning :p:lol: so...

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

^^ I agree they have to put the Handler on Dvd and Medical investigaion.
    I got the pics from an Anna Belknap site I think its called Anna Belknap online.

Here are some more pictures from the Handler:):)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^^ You are twelve different kinds of awesome :thumbsup: *dies laughing*

She's so pretty in the second one! I want that hat.(And I'm really curious again, especially over the third pic...:lol: Here I was thinking it was just Hawkes and Lindsay who had an easy dynamic.) Don't suppose you know how old she was when "The Handler" was on? She looks like she's in her early, maybe mid-20s in those pics. I'm also wondering what she's looking at in the first pic. Argh! Can't believe this show isn't at least online :mad:

ETA: K, I went digging and I found them! I could've sworn I checked that site before, though, and didn't see these pics, maybe they're new...anyway, I figure if screencaps are available, the actual show must be available somewhere too, right?

For the sake of posting just three :alienblush::p

[​IMG]

She looks unbearably cute in this one :lol: Although looking at the other pics in the gallery, I have to say it's a little freaky...in a lot of them, it's like she hasn't aged at all between filming The Handler and Seasons 2/3 of CSI: NY (I really really want to know when this show was aired, maybe they were only a couple of years apart). Then in others she looks like a teenager...

[​IMG] I know it's just a side profile, but am I the only one reminded of Buffy/Sarah Michelle Gellar from this pic?

[​IMG]

Then here, I'm sorry, she just looks twelve :p:guffaw:So yeah, freaky.

4. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Ahhhhh, ´The Handler´ pics. Thanks for posting them.
    Man, I really, really want to see that series. But it seems impossible, urg:scream: I somewhere read short summaries about the series and in one episode, Lily went undercover as the girlfriend of a mobster and she had to agree to marry him so that the team could arrest the father of the groom, who was the ´godfather´ of the clan. At the end she had to marry the mobster. Or something like that:lol: I so want to see especially that episode.
    Agree. When I just think of the episode where Hawkes didn´t immediately tell Mac that he had randomly met the victim before:rolleyes:
    But perhaps that should emphasize the different relationship of Mac and Lindsay. Kind of father/daughter thing. But like you said a little conflict between them really would have been better for their development of their relationship.
    According to Wikipedia The Handler aired 2003/04.
    And she really looked sooooo young in the last pic. I think I wouldn´t have recognized her.

5. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Ya i know I cant believe the show is not online, but you can see her on the other shows online.

I happy you found the site:):) There are so many pictures to pick from!!!!

I know the other pictures are a bit freaky!!!!, but its a side of Anna we have never seen before. The Handler ended a year before Csi Ny started.
    I know she has not aged at all!!!
    You know I never really thought of that, but ya she kinda does look like SMG.
    She does look like a teenager:guffaw::guffaw:, thats so cool:thumbsup:

6. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

Thanks for the pictures guys there awsome!!!!!

Anna looks awsome in the pictures!!!!

7. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

You know its so funny looking at Lindsay and then all the other characters that Anna has played they are all different which is a great sign of wonderful actress.

Were always talking about her character Eva of Medical Investigaion so I thought I would post some pictures from that show.

[​IMG]

She looks awsome!!!

[​IMG]

I think she looks awsome with dark hair it really goes great with her features!!!

8. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Um, okay, whoa! One day and like a billion of new posts? And to top that, holy, what amazing pics are that? *faints* Some of those I don't even know yet! carminelove15, you're a star for finding them!

To quickly get back to discussions:

I really hope we get some fun scenes again and I really hope they'll have Danny, Lindsay, Flack and Adam in them.

I also agree about Stealing Home. I wish we had gotten to see more about Lindsay's father and what relationship they actually had. That'd be interesting as you're right, Maya, they always mention her mother but never him. I think he really wasn't happy about her moving to New York. I wonder if that always was her dream? Surely he didn't like it when she told him she'd move, but again that's only speculation. It would be nice to know more. I mean, when she was a kid it was him who gave her all those birthday presents Danny mentioned. I wonder how the relationship between Lindsay and her father was when she was younger and if it possibly changed when she got older and possibly started to wish to move to New York.

Now about Anna as Lily. Man!!! I mostly saw promo pics so far (the ones in which she is dressed up so sexily). I barely know anything about the show, but I so wish we would have gotten to see it, I bet it's a cool show! Many people said they liked it. I wish it was on DVD. I once got a clip to see on youtube, a very short one. She looked really interesting in that undercover job with the clothes she was wearing. :devil:

The pictures are really amazing! In some she really looks like Lindsay in season 2 and 3 with her curls. I agree that in that one picture she reminds me of Sarah Michelle Gellar as well. I think in the very first picture she looks pretty interesting! It always amazes me how different Anna can look like- I mean, as Lindsay she already has so many different looks. And as Lily she has even more. I have to say the one picture with Hill...;) They look like they're about to kiss. :lol: Sorry for seeing such things everywhere. *hides* And Anna as Eva is hot as well. I really wish someone could tell us more about The Handler, because it seems to be really interesting.

Okay, I think I need to look for pictures now as well. So yummy!

9. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

^^ I dont know much about the show. The only thing I know is that its about undercover F.B.I agents.

I also know what your saying about the promo pics she does dress sexy.

Like this one
    [​IMG]

and....
    [​IMG]

10. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Is me or I see Hill Harper in front of Anna ?? did they already play together :p

11. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Ya that Hill Harper both him and Anna were on The Handler.

12. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, it's him. Hill and Anna both were together in the show The Handler (which the pictures are from). It's cool, isn't it? I wish the show would air again or would be released on DVD.

ETA: Woops, carminelove15, looks like posted at the same time. :lol:

I'm still impressed by the pictures. And how much Lily looks like Lindsay, but then again how different Anna also looks like in the other caps. I wonder what kind of a character she played as Lily?

13. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I know I wish it would air or atleast be on youtube!!! I shocked that its not on Youtube everything is on that site.

14. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Well my turn to do some research. I did find one scene from the Handler on Youtube. Unfortunatly, no Anna and no Hill.

Thanks Maya for the Hint. I typed the name of the lead actor, which is Joe Pantaliano and the name of the series. And this 36 seconds scene came up. That's it. Of course there were pages and pages of stuff with the word Handler, but i didn't go thru them all. If you guys ahve any other place we can look... I mean if we can find one scene, i'm sure we can find others.

Carminelove 15 : these pictures are awesome !!!!!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Gah! Okay it happened again :lol: *races to catch up*

The moment I get a solid four hours together just to surf the internet, I swear I'm going to scour for this series. I mean, if there are screencaps up then it has to be available somewhere. Or maybe just on DVD...lol, I'm so willing to go looking through old BMV stores for The Handler.

I read about that episode you mentioned, too! And yeah, it sounded so interesting. I've seen the general synopses of most of the Handler episodes; Lily usually does seem to be the main one out of the entire team who has to go undercover as the girlfriend, or the the girl who's trying to catch X mobster/drug-lord/etc's attention...how much fun would it be to see Anna in a role like that? And then even in Medical Investigation, her character seemed to have a strong idea of how good-looking she was (often specifically using it to her advantage), and here's another show where it's basically her (AB's/Lily's) job to use her looks to get what she needs. In comparison, Lindsay really is a huge contrast to those roles. And it shows...with the exception of the Lily-in-pyjamas pictures; we've never seen Lindsay dress up half as sassy as Lily or Eva. I've got this mental image of the three of these characters as triplets now, and Lindsay would totally be the casual-dress book-nerd one :lol:

Yeah, it so would be. I usually do find the Mac/Lindsay interactions very sweet in a way; looking at the way Mac is with the whole team (except maybe Stella, who's the only one he really responds to more as a brother figure, rather than a father-figure), you can really tell that he's been substituting them as the family he never got to have with Claire, probably has been ever since Claire died. And maybe Lindsay gets the special treatment because she's the only daughter-figure he has. I can't remember Aiden ever being chewed out by Mac either (until she got fired, of course), but then she wasn't there long enough. And lately it has seemed as though he's been responding to Lindsay as more of an equal. Still, though...I'm not necessarily saying that I need to see Mac go off on Lindsay -- especially since he often tends to go off on the others for things they don't really deserve to be yelled at for -- but if we did see her get told off for something she deserved, it'd not only help me see her as less of a Mary Sue, but also I think it'd show that Mac's definitely seeing her on the same level as the others.

Ah, that explains it. Huh, that'd mean her career's been pretty freakin' busy in the last...decade or so :p I'm guessing she did most of her theatre and guest-appearance stuff before The Handler? Because if Handler finished in 2004, that's when Medical Investigation started. And then when MI finished, in 2005...she joined CSI: NY that same year. Theoretically, I suppose she could've guest-starred on other shows while she was doing any of her main shows, but still. She is a trooper.

Sorry, I had to comment on it :lol: I still die when I watch her in this episode. It's not my very favourite Eva-ep, but it's definitely a close second...she's absolutely hilarious, I love it.

Actually, the second pic is another really great ep. Her relationship with Natalie is one of my favourite things about that show -- I seriously think they could've been sisters if the show had kept going. And it was so much fun watching them progress, because they actually clashed, and they had to work around that.

Ooh, coming back to the Handler...did anyone see the pics from the one episode where she's dressed a little sleazy (with the frizzy hair and the heavy makeup and I think fishnets and stuff :lol:); and then the very next pic was the one where she looks like a twelve-year-old...see, I think that'd be pure fun just to play that sort of changeable character (even if Lily was actually supposed to just be a student-undercover agent, I think it'd still take a bit of character fluidity.) And now I so want to see how it came across onscreen.

I could easily believe that Lindsay may have been spoiled by her father as a kid, but I actually wonder more if their relationship changed after the diner-thing. Because he may have wanted her to stay closer to home after all that drama, whereas she might've wanted to just get out as fast as she could; and they clashed. At least, I'm hoping it's something along those lines :p Realistically simple, but still capable of causing loads of drama, without going over the top. I really want TPTB to come back to this, because they did hint at some father-daughter conflict there in "Stealing Home". I just don't want them to go overboard with it. Like they usually do. :lol:

ETA: The Sarah-Michelle-Gellar thing! I knew I wasn't imagining things! I just saw the emo way she was looking down at her phone and I had to do a double-take...I was all "ohmygod, it's Season 4!Buffy." :lol:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009