Anna/Lindsay #6: Baby on Board!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I haven't seen it in a while, but I remember Sid was doing autopsy on the vic and started spontaneously feeling itchy, and he didn't know why until Lindsay and Stella burst out laughing. And I think one of them found a packet of itching powder in the vic's pocket, thus explaining Sid's itchiness :lol: Then Lindsay got all excited because she recognized the packet as one of Laughing Larry's :p *looks shifty* Not...that I'm remembering the scene word for word or anything :alienblush:

Those were good scenes, too! I wonder if "Stealing Home" was the first time Sid started feeling any sort of "grandfatherly" feeling toward Lindsay though (and vice versa); 'cause I did feel like they were kind of stiff around each other before that episode, Lindsay especially, and "Stealing Home" was the first time she shared any sort of personal information with him (possibly the first time Sid thought of her as more than just a new coworker ... realized she had a father and a history and stuff ;)). And it was only after that episode, I think, that he started joking around with her/sharing his personal stories with her...

Oh, he was so glad she was there :D I love it because it feels like their relationship has tangibly evolved over the years...you can tell by comparing earlier episodes to the way they are now that there's been a shift; which is something that seems really subtle (and probably unplanned by TPTB :shifty:) but still manages to come across.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  2. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

I couldn´t really remember that scene either, so I had to search for it on youtube (I really have too much time today:lol:). Around 3:45 there´s the scene with Laughing Larry and the powder: video. It seems like the beginning is missing. (I hope it´s ok to post that link here). How could I forget that scene? Lindsay´s enthusiasm is so cute. And not to speak of the scene with Lindsay, Flack and Stella talking about Larry.`Trust me I feel your pain´ :lol: Great scene.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Her enthusiasm was cute, it reminded me of how she was over the bow-and-arrow in "Stuck on You" (and the "Batmobile" in You Only Die Once, when they got it in custody). And that Flack/Stella/Lindsay scenes remains one of the very best in the series for me. Hands down :lol:

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: Isla, you're a star!!! I didn't even know those videos exist with all those funny moments! I'm still sitting here laughing.

But to not get off topic, man, the Laughing Larry discussion was amazing. First Lindsay's excitement was too cute when she found out it came from Laughing Larry, and then her and Flack exchanging stories. That was brilliant! Simply brilliant. This is what I mean- they have such a huge comical potential. I love it so much! Sid's reaction was also very funny. Oh, and another scene- the thing with the cat was awesome as well. And of course while we're discussing season 4 (I didn't even know it had so many funny moments!!!), one of my favourite scenes also is Lindsay turning around while Flack and Danny were outside the interrogation room in Person Foul. That was pure gold as well, that expression said more than words. :lol:

Oh yes! The bow scene was just too adorable. I almost expected her to jump around and scream. Cute! And I love how excited Lindsay got when Danny told her that they got the car. Even though we know she likes the Mach 5 better. :lol:

About Stealing Home, I also think this was the conversation that really started this great dynamik between Sid and Lindsay. There are so many more scenes after that which were totally funny. And looking at our nice discussions going on here; obviously she has amazing scenes with every team member. And that is fantastic.

5. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

ISLA,
    Thanks for the link. I watched them all last night. Went to bed with a smile on my face.:)

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ LOL, definitely thanks Isla! Never realized how many funny moments Season 4 had :lol::lol:

I have noticed over the series how the funniest moments often come from those four: Flack, Danny, Lindsay, and Adam (and Sid to a lesser extent Sid, only because he's not shown as often :lol:). They have amazing comic talent -- I just want one scene with all four of them in the room together, just letting them go at it. It'd be classic. And yes -- Lindsay's expression in "Personal Foul" was flat-out funny. It was such a "ugh, guys" look :lol:, I still facepalm at that scene.

This may actually be the sort of stuff NY is trying to, and should stick to; which might explain why they made Lindsay a more "comic" character (at least, she's funnier than I remember Aiden being) when they added her. It's like they're a middle-ground in the franchise: I was watching earlier episodes of CSI Vegas and Miami last night, and I noticed that CSI:M has almost no comic moments or characters (certainly not anywhere near NY's level), but Vegas has a ton of them...more, I think, than even NY does. It's interesting.

The interesting thing about both the bow-and-arrow and the car-scene (and to a lesser extent, the Laughing-Larry itching powder scene) is how much fun she seems to have whenever cases involve things like toys. It makes me think at least part of the reason she went into forensic science is because she gets to "play" with those toys. It kind of reminds me of what Catherine said in one of the first CSI episodes, how CSIs are just a bunch of kids playing with puzzles and stuff...and Lindsay's still one of the few (if not the only) characters I can think of in the franchise who usually embodies that saying. (Especially with the way she almost does "Show and Tell" with these random pieces of evidence...her demonstrations, basically)

ETA: Am watching the Medical Investigation episode #9, "Little Girl" -- has anyone else here seen it? It's Eva Rossi-centric and Anna Belknap is amazing in it -- this is exactly the kind of thing I wish NY's PTB would write for Lindsay! Argh!:brickwall: Eva's kind of callous/b*tchy sometimes, but this episode totally explains the huge chip on her shoulder. *goes back to watch*

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  7. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

You´re welcome. I just had to watch the funny moments from season 5. Great:lol:
    I think, I couldn´t have imagined Mac or any other character having that conversation with her at this time. Sid really was the perfect choice.

Oh yes, please, those four really should be locked in one room:lol:. I also love NCIS and the comical dynamic of the whole team. Especially when Tony, Ziva and McGee are at their desks. And not to forget Abby. Speaking of comical moments, Sex, Lies and Silicon really is my favourite episode in this respect. Lindsay´s and Flack´s conversation and the scene with Lindsay and Stella, when Adam wanted to watch the doll; just awesome. I really want to see more of Adam and Lindsay. My favourite Adam and Lindsay moment was when she told Adam that her water broke and he should drive her to the hospital. When I saw the promo for that episode I really had to laugh just thinking of Adam´s face. Poor boy:lol:

Oh, I haven´t thought of it in that way. Sounds plausible. Now with the baby she has another excuse for buying and playing with toys:lol:

Oh yes, that epsiode was great. I liked to learn more about Eva´s personal background. The ending scene was so intense. Great epsiode. Have you seen the season finale of Medical Investigation? There are also some awesome and intense Eva moments. It´s called ´Mission la roca´.

8. BlueRose

BlueRose Dead on Arrival

wow this thread is very active its hard to jump in.

So im going to say that I agree with what your say about Laughing Lary that was really funny. I love seeing Lindsay and Flack scenes they play off eachother well.

I loved Stealing Home that was such a great episode:):)
    I loved her scene with sid your right it was very "grandfatherly"
    I thoght the scene with Sara's dad was very nice.

9. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Man, I love this thread. :lol: I really do. But I'm too lazy to quote again.

I also couldn't stop smiling, csinynut, the clips are awesome!

I agree with you, Maya, it'd be amazing to see them all in one scene together. Man, I think we wouldn't be able to stop laughing for the next few weeks. :lol: I mean, Danny, Lindsay, Flack and Adam? Seriously?! That'd be amazing. My fingers are crossed for such a scene in the future one day.

And it really seems like Lindsay likes to play. May I say condom spray? I still can't get over that she actually got such a thing and then showed it to Danny and Hawkes! I think that is my favourite demonstration of her. Also I like how she figured out how to use it and everything. I bet when she found out what that latex came from, she got all excited who she could show the thing to. And luckily she got Danny and Hawkes. Even though Danny and Adam would have possibly been even funnier. :lol: Imagine!

Yes, Isla!!! The show's finale is even more amazing than Little Girl. Boy, Maya, you'll love it. ;)

I agree with you, BlueRose, the scene with the father was so intense and well done, I love it a lot!

10. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Oh yes, the scene with Sara´s father was touching. You really got the feeling that she wasn´t in contact with her own father at that time when she was quite new in New York. So it would have been great if there had been a scene with her parents when she went back to Montana to testify against the murderer. Or to see her dealing with her own mother as she had such problems with the mothers of the victims. That would have been such an awesome opportunity to show a more personal side of Lindsay. I´m still hoping to see her with her family.
    Haha, the condom spray scene. So great:lol: The scene really would have been even funnier with Adam. He might have stared at Lindsay´s demonstration open-mouthed. Danny must have been also quite surprised about Lindsay, especially after their conversation about telephone sex:lol:

11. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

Is there a link to watch complete Medical Investigation's episodes. I don't like watching 10 minutes clips, like on Youtube.

Thanks Guys

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i can't even imagine what a scene with Flack, Lindsay, Danny, and Adam all together would be like. i'm laughing just thinking of the possibilites. how funny would it be if the 4 of them were the only ones around to do a crime scene and they were the focus of the ep? oh the hilarity.

Lindsay's look to Flack and Danny in "Personal Foul" was great. Flack and Danny were being such boys lol. you can tell Lindsay's intuned with the guys she knew how their minds were working at that moment.

Vegas 1st and 2nd season cracked me up and still do to this day. the best Grissom line ever is when he said to Catherine, Sara, and Nick "ever smell a fart and blame it on someone else?" haha. i can watch that ep all the time and still crack up at that line. i've noticed that Vegas has been focusing on their labrats from time to time has been pretty funny especially when Hodges had that Sci-Fi fantasy about Wendy lol.

Miami is just blah in all the years i have been watching i haven't seen a funny scene since Calleigh accidently got a contatc high in season 2 (?).

NY has had some moments since season one and they have been getting better and better each year. it has a lot to do with the characters being written lighter than the Vegas and Miami characters and the actors being able to pull off the funny lines/scenes. whenever Lindsay has a funny scene or line like the condom spray demo in S4 i was a little shocked but it was funny b/c we wouldn't really expect that from her. that's why her demo scenes and her funny scenes are so good we wouldn't really expect them from her.

last week i really liked seeing Mac and Lindsay working together. i don't think that Lindsay has been trying to prove herself to Mac over the past few years i think it's just Mac he seems to look down on the team besides Stella, i feel he really sees Stella as his only equal. Mac and Lindsay have had a good working relationship since she came on. i wish these two would work together more.

13. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I liked that also, but I always liked Mac and Lindsay working together. I think that Lindsay has great scenes with the other characters when she gets them.

Ok I had to come back an edit this in. I was sufing the internet, that me being when im done with homework. Anyway I found this pictures Of Anna and Hill from the Handler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]credit-Anna Belknap Online

Can you say wow!!! I wish I could have seen this show.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ the first picture just made my night!! haha that is so funny. it's kinda creepy as well if i might add.

we can only hope that when the rights expire on the show that it will be put out on dvd...... or someone can get a petition going.......

15. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I know it is creepy right, my guess because the show is about undercover F.B.I agents, that they were under cover.

I hope it comes to dvd it looks like a cool show!!!