Anna/Lindsay #5: She Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not trying to kick you out but I just feel like we have dragged this out way longer and I feel like I am not accomplishing anything by telling you my opinion. I appreciate your side of the story but I am sticking with my own opinion. And please, don't associate all Lindsay fans with just wanting rainbows and puppies, I am not all about fluffy moments. :p

I know Lindsay is not perfect but what I like about her, among other things is, that she admitts to her flaws or mistakes. she acted like a spoiled child in Oidipus hex but then sucked it up. and in Like water for Murder she too admitted to making a mistake

and I agree that we need more experiments. I say it over and over again but I want her in a scene with Adam. that ciuld turn into some serious Geek Fest. I would love that

I am not trying to kick you out but I just feel like we have dragged this out way longer and I feel like I am not accomplishing anything by telling you my opinion. I appreciate your side of the story but I am sticking with my own opinion. And please, don't associate all Lindsay fans with just wanting rainbows and puppies, I am not all about fluffy moments. :p

What I meant was that no one seems to want an opposing viewpoint posted in this thread. They want everything only to be about how awesomely great Lindsay and Anna are. You asking me to take our discussion elsewhere says that you feel the same way.

It was just an innocent request to talk about it in a thread dedicated to what we are talking about. And yes at this point I do feel the same way, at this point I would love to see happy things written about the actress and the character in this thread. She gets enough bashing in the Why Lindsay Must Go, Did Danny Cheat?, and all those other threads. I do not go to the Danny/Carmine thread bashing him because I am too afraid that all those fans would yell at me! This is turning into World War III in my mind and I want to declare truce.

It was just an innocent request to talk about it in a thread dedicated to what we are talking about.

Considering we are not talking about why Lindsay should leave or stay on the show, the WLMG thread isn't dedicated to what we're talking about.

I do not go to the Danny/Carmine thread bashing him because I am too afraid that all those fans would yell at me!

Danny fans openly discuss his faults so I don't know what would give you the indication that someone would "yell" at you. Also, discussing a character's faults does not equal "bashing." And I don't see how what you wouldn't do or how your fear of what other people will say to your opinions is relevant to where or what I post.

This is turning into World War III in my mind and I want to declare truce.

WW III? Wow. That's an extreme comparison. If you don't want to continue the discussion, then don't continue the discussion. Don't try and turn it into some big conflict.

CSINYRULZ said:
I agree with Eveninstarz14 - I thought this thread was just for "Positive" Anna/Lindsay talk - why is there so much talk of the Danny/Lindsay pairing in here?? come'on guys, if you're gonna diss on her, please diss in the appropriate thread.
This thread is to discuss Anna/Lindsay in general and that includes her (Lindsay's of course, because I don't know Anna personally) negative character trades. And there is so much talk about D/L in here because at this moment Danny is the character that influences her current behaviour the most.

I especially like the character because she is far from perfect, and I feel that there is still so much more to explore and to learn about her than just the facts that she's from Montana and has a (still undefined) relationship with a co worker. :rolleyes: She's a very complex character and I think that there are great opportunities to use that to benefit the show.

While she's working a case I truly love the scenes were she gets almost child-like (just like Adam sometimes, so yes Carly, I would like to see them work together too :)) enthusiastic when she finds something that helps her solve a case. And then next she goes out of her way to explain to others, with as much dorky details as possible, what she has discovered. And that same enthusiasm and sense of humor is displayed when she's having fun with either Danny or anyone else.

But then there's also the other side of Lindsay, where she suddenly -triggered by something that she witnesses or has to do- almost literally shuts down and turns into this sad and slightly depressed person. We've seen that happen when the trial came up in season 3 and now in a way again with Danny. When things get too emotional she still cannot handle that very well and starts pushing people away...again...And I don't see that as selfish at all because in the end it will hurt her more than anyone else and she probably knows that too.

Top said:
She hasn't done an experiment on Mac in a while.
Well, she did ask him to lock her up in that trunk (loved his expression)...she could've just explained what the handle was for, but she had to demonstrate it. Too bad that that scene (which could've been all about Lindsay and the way she makes her job more interesting) was over shadowed by the 'dating a co worker' talk with Mac.:brickwall:

I just meant "positive" in the respect that - yes, I have no problem discussing her faults, thats totally cool and this is the place to do so. But it just seems like, whenever a Lindsay/Anna fault is brought up in anywhere other than the WLMG thread - it turns into a debate or argument between people and this isnt the place for that - as far as I know.

It seems like whatever was happening earlier on in this thread has settled down, so, really - its all good now.

Back on topic -

Whats everyone's wishes for Season 5 when it comes to Lindsay? What would you like to see more of? Less of? Any particular story-line you'd love to see Lindsay involved in?

Please, no spoilers, and also - try to steer clear of Danny/Lindsay, please.

Whats everyone's wishes for Season 5 when it comes to Lindsay? What would you like to see more of? Less of? Any particular story-line you'd love to see Lindsay involved in?

My one, big wish or rather, hope - for next season, since I doubt it'll happen in the next two episodes. Is that Lindsay/Anna gets some of her own story lines and isnt hanging around and being seen as a wallflower or used just to keep the D/L thing going.

Im sorry, but, I miss Season 2 Lindsay - especially "Stealing Home", "Zoo York", "Cool Hunter", I just wish we had that back and I really wish this D/L thing, would take a backseat for a bit and allow Lindsay to come back out of the shadows.

I would add my own wishes for season 5 but I think you summed it up perfectly. :) Whilst I don't have a particular storyline in mind I would like to see more of Lindsay working with Mac as I liked their dynamic in season 2. Also a more 'fun' Lindsay enjoying the science and working the cases would be great to see in season 5, I know we've had glimpses of that this season but they have been few and far between and often rather overshadowed in my opinion. :)

my wish for season 5:
get Lindsay back to the happy person she was in season 2. she seemed like a little kid who was all excited about getting something new. it's like season three came along and Lindsay became this moody person (S3 Lindsay was really good in the amount of screen time Anna could do).

the one big thing i wanna see if Lindsay paired up with Flack, Angell, Hawkes, and Mac more. i love her and Danny together but too much of a good thing isn't always good. definately wanna see Lindsay dork it out with some experiments on Mac or Hawkes and all the science lingo.

i'd just like to see Lindsay be alone without Danny for a while and sort herself out as a person. right now it seems like she doesn't know where she is in her life so the writers can make her sort that out and then work on getting her back to season 2 Lindsay.

all i'd ask of the writers is to just develope Lindsay more. she'll be on the show for three years and is the one character we know little about. if we knew a little more about her maybe those characteristics would explain her motives for what she's going through now.

Hey everyone, been around here for a while, mostly hidden in lurkerdom and went away for a while (because while i like coming on here to find out whats going on and what everyone thinks, IMO all the lindsay discussions were really irritating me - so i left, took a break, thought about how - yes there are characters I dont care for on other shows and i got to respect that here!)

Now moving on to what I like to see for Lindsay next season, I agree with everything you'all said. I like to see her stand on her own, work more with Mac, Stella, Sheldon, Adam. I like seeing here get excited about the job and her sarcasm. As much as i was PRO D/L way back when, I kinda wish now that they had held off on that storyline, I dont like where we have come with the characters as a result. I like to see her get a quality episode story kinda like stella with frankie/the fire, but have her not relying on Danny to get her through it, u guys know what i mean??!!!

I didnt watch CSI NY season 1. It caught my interest in 2 with Lindsay, and now I love the show, I have gone back and watched season 1 and I just feel it lacks something. I have to credit Anna Belknap for getting me interested in this show so I can say I love all the characters. I figure you guys would appreciate the shout out to her - she doesnt feel the love much here, lol, he he :eek:

Please, no spoilers, and also - try to steer clear of Danny/Lindsay, please.

The one thing i think Lindsay really needs on the show is the ability to stand on her own. I did like the season 2 Lindsay for a while-her tackling the suspect into the car was entertaining, and it really gave illusions to the tough country girl we are supposed to see her as. There have been scattered moments in the series where we actually see part of the character that I think we were meant to be seeing all along-she brings the evidence against Danny in RSRD to him first instead of turning him in, she asks the man who killed the country girl (I dont remember what episode) why he did it and is appalled to know there was no motive. I think D/L really did handicap the character she might have been, at least in my eyes, so my wish for next season is to seperate her from that relationship or friendship for a while. She never had a chance to be a seperate character before the DL thing was started, and giving her some storylines that don't involve it whatsoever would do wonders to develop her character.

What I want Season 5 is what I would like to see start in the finale of this season. I would love to see Lindsay more active in the finale, as she has not been heavily involved in the past two seasons IMO.

As for Season 5 - I would like her to either work with Mac or Hawkes more , and if they can throw in Flack as well that would be great :lol: It would be great to see her play a more active role in the team, with her usual enthusiasm. And like others have said - a return of Season 2 Lindsay would be very welcome.

I'd love to see Lindsay get a distinct personality so I feel like I have a better handle on why and how she does and says things. Carmine Giovinazzo called himself "the utility guy," in an interview with Kristine, but honestly, I feel like they've been using Lindsay as the utility character. Need a tough chick? That's awesome country girl Lindsay. Need emo? That's deep, dark secret Lindsay. Need someone to give quirky stories and demonstrations in the lab? That's glorified lab tech Lindsay. Need someone to bag the hot guy? That's awesome girlfriend Lindsay. Need someone to snap Danny out of his grief? That's take no bullshit Lindsay. Everything about her has been so disjointed, IMO.

I also would like to see a solid effort to make the character more likable. I know there are many fans who already like her, but there are many who can't stand the character too. I know everyone is not going to like every character, but I keep going back to the idea that I think Lindsay was supposed to be liked from the get go. I don't feel she was meant to be a "love to hate" character. They need to make her more compassionate and less selfish and stick to her light and funny side. Or, if they want her to be a "love to hate" character, don't make it seem like everyone on the team loves her and thinks she's awesome. I feel like they have no problem showing every other character as someone who has flaws and isn't always likable, but overall is likable and relateable, yet with Lindsay it's like they are going out of their way to show she doesn't have flaws or the flaws she does have can be excused for whatever reason. I don't like hating a character I don't think I'm supposed to love to hate.

And stop acting like Montana is some other planet and using cliches to remind the viewers Lindsay is from there.

And stop acting like Montana is some other planet and using cliches to remind the viewers Lindsay is from there.

Totally agree with you on this one. Why do we needed to be reminded constantly where a character is from? She's from Montana???? I didn't know that! :rolleyes: Come on writers, let's leave that line alone!

I would love to see Lindsay out in the field next season that is for sure. And for the love that is good and pure, can we try developing her character without having to feel sorry for her? Season 2 was really good for her and I think the upcoming season should handle her like that season. I want to see more kick ass Lindsay, that is always fun to watch!

Last edited:
cSiNyFrEaK30 said:
she asks the man who killed the country girl (I dont remember what episode) why he did it and is appalled to know there was no motive.
That episode was 2x22 'Stealing Home' and is one of my favourite Lindsay episodes. They showed that she was from Montana, but this time it was not randomly mentioned but was actually related to the case. And somehow when she visited James Vackner at the end of the episode in prison to find out why he did what he had done, I always expected that somewhere later on in the series there would be some kind of follow-up to that scene - unfortunately it never came.

I loved her determination and driven attitude in that episode and I love to see some more of those and that Lindsay next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back