American Idol

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by ziggystarduzt, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Lee and Crystal are on CNN's Larry King Live right now, I'm recording it, but it's on again at 9 and midnight, for those who want to catch it:bolian:

2. Anna P

Anna P Witness

The over pushing of some contestants does put some people off, perhaps as far as voting for "anyone but him/her. Then you have the show So You Think You Can Dance where a finalist is shown to be triling in votes; but saved by the judges four of five times....

3. Desertwind

On Larry King Live Friday, he had all the remaning "IDOLS' who will be going on tour together, what impressed me throughly, was the camraderie they had for one another, all raving about how good each one was. Their not actors, so it was pure and genuine, they all really like each other, how nice. ;)

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think he said the idols would be back on the show tomorrow as well.

5. Desertwind

Thank's GNRF I believe it will be on Monday, how cool:bolian:

6. Desertwind

Great show on Monday night, the whole 10 were on, nice bunch and all so happy:thumbsup: and they start rehearsing for the tour next week. Larry asked them 'who whould you like to be stranded on a desert island with" many diverse answers, Lee said "Paul Mcartney" as did DiDi, [me too] and Casey said Merle Haggard, Andrew said Beyonce, I forget the rest. I'd picked , [if he were still alive, Elvis], Paul and Willie Nelson~

7. GregNickRyanFan

Ah! Crap! I forgot to watch it. :(

8. Desertwind

It was awesome, but I'm a hugh Larry King fan, and he'll probably re-run it this weekend, if I find it on Sat. or Sun. I'll post it here.;) Siobhan said "Hanson":confused: on her desert island pick, and OH, Crystal said Joe Cocker:eek: And Michael said Janet Jackson, and damn I can't remember who the rest said, I should have wrote it down but people were talking in the room, so I didn't:confused:And Larry also asked them who was the biggest joker, the biggest flirt, [you won't believe who this was] the nicest etc. all were so upbeat and so happy~I have a new profound respect for Lee on Paul McCartney, that "he's still performing, writing and still enthusiastic like he was when he started" He said that's how he wants to be.. right on Lee~

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  9. Desertwind

Here's a photo of our two cuties, Lee who won and his partner in the singing contest #2 Crystal[​IMG]

LEE AND CRYSTAL

10. GregNickRyanFan

I heard yesterday that Bret Michaels may be interested in being a judge on the show. That would be awesome! I think he'd be great! Simon said he thinks Bret would do well as a judge on there too. :)

11. Desertwind

I heard that too, but he's touring again, but this would be better for his health issues, wouldn't it? He would be awesome. He's a sweetheart;)So, GNRF who's your guess on the "biggest flirt" on the show while they were competing?

12. GregNickRyanFan

Biggest flirt? I dunno about the contestants, but Kara "flirted" with Casey. :lol: "The cougar's a fan." :guffaw:

13. Desertwind

Nope, if their not on Larry this weekend, I'll tell you, it was one of the male contestants who flirted with the other girl contestants~:wtf:

14. Desertwind

From the new TV Guide dated June7-20~

SIMON SAYS GOODBYE

Sure Lee Dewyze was crowned season 9's "American Idol", but the real star of the May 26 finale was departing judge Simon Cowell. As he walked the 'red carpet' to his last show, the stoic Brit admitted to TV Guide Magazine that he was nostalgic. "I'm leaving with very fond memories", he said. And he seemed to be taking it all in, reveling in the audience's cheers as he was introduced before the show began, even stopping to chat with fans and shake hands on his way to his seat [something he rarely does on show night]. Cowell was also thrilled by the return of Paula Abdul. After she joined him on stage during his speech, they embraced during the commercial break, then walked off stage arm-in-arm, chatting and laughing. Cowell wasn't the only one feeling reflective. "I'm happy for him, he's going on to do his thing", said Randy Jackson. He summed it up as "bittersweet, and a tough night" ~ Former contestants-who all took verbal abuse from Cowell-were also said to bid him farewell. "I don't want Simon to go, he's really made the show what's it's become", said David Archuleta, who credits Cowell for pushing him and to the max, and can't imagine the show without him as judge. "I think it's going to be weird for everyone" said S/8's and Cowell said she "lacked personailty" about Allison Iraheta. Replacing Cowell will be no easy task [producers say the search will began in earnest now that the season has wrapped up. Fellow judge Kara DioGuardi hopes whoever takes his seat is "somebody who has extensive musical knowledge, whether they've been an executive or an artist, and someone who is committed to making sure that the contestants are the best they can be"~

Shawna Malcom & Carita Rizzo, TV Guide writers~

15. Anna P

Anna P Witness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.