American Idol- Thread #2

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AMERICAN IDOL returns on 1-19~

"IDOL" is like an old lady, says ex. producer Ken Warwick, "but the old girl's still got a lot of life left in her"

Idol is not only sliding from Tuesday and Wednesday nights to Wednesday and Thursday nights ths season, it's also moving into the future with a major reboot. Simon Cowell and Kara DioGuardi are out, and Jennifer Lopez and Aerosmith's Steven Tyler are in. Contestants can ow be as young as 15. Rather than use CD-plugging performers as mentors, the show is going with the likes of record-company exec. Kimmy Iovine and heavy-weight producer Timbaland. And the judges table, too, will have "a different feel", says Mike Darnell, FOX's head of alternative programming" [The criticism] "is coming from an artist's perspective, a different place from that of a record executive, which was Simon's role. People will just have to come and see".~

Tv Guide, issue Jan.3-9~

2. Desertwind

American Idol begins it's 10th season on Wednesday January 19, and on Thursday Jan. 20th. New judges are [as if we didn't know] Jennifer Lopez, and Steven Tyler~I saw all of thme with Ryan and Randy on Jay Leno last week, they sure look like they're in tune with each other, they all laughed alot~:lol:

3. Desertwind

Well, finally the return of "AI" is anybody that watched this last season going to watch tonight? I saw Steven on "Live w/ Regis & Kelly" he's really sure of himself, & I think he'll be good, & didn't realize he's 63:wtf: I don't know if I can get by or through watching Jennifer. I will give it a try and see how it goes:confused:

4. Desertwind

I enjoyed the new premiere, Steven, [he's cool] Jennifer & Randy said almost YES to everyone, in New Jersey although I thought some stunk. It was painful to see some of these people, who have NO talent and think they do. I also watched the one from New Orleans, and as time goes on I think they'll be a little more critical. So far with only 2 shows it was a pleasant experience~

5. Desertwind

This list is from DAVE's top ten but it's in conjunction with "AI", and funny:D

10..Three "No's" from the judges and you're neutered~:eek:

9..Now serving audience Vodka and tonic:lol:

8..All songs must be in the form of a question:wtf:

7..New microphones make everyone sound like a golden-voiced drifter:evil:

6..Randy Jackson is contractually obligated to get fat again:(

5..Losers shipped to a North Korean hard labor camp:eek:

4..In week six, contestants are required to sing with ventriloquist dummies like Miss Arkansas:rolleyes:

3..In week six, contestants will be mentored by the late John Denver:angel:

2..Winner will be announced in the first episode:lol:

1..Ryan Seacrest does even more..whatever the hell he does:guffaw:

6. Desertwind

Guess no one's watching this on the board except me. It's coming out the #1 rated show, again. Steven Tyler is awesome. And J-Lo not as bad as I thought she'd be. She never insults anyone, and Randy always wonderful. Some of these contestants were just plain PUTRID OMG, the expressions on the judges faces, with some of them:lol: It's a kinder, nicer bunch they just say "This isn't for you, right now", no Simon tactics:alienblush:

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

My Fox channel went out during the last few minutes of Idol last night. Can anyone tell me if the girl who was in the blue dress and said something about how everyone tells her how special she is or something... did she get through? I figured with that much of an ego she'd probably end up not being good cause most that talk like that can't sing and usually get rejected.

Fox came back on long enough for me to see the very last girl who brought in her family. She was pretty good and looked older than 15.

8. Desertwind

I think you're talking about Miss something or other [forget what state] in the Miss America pagnant. If that's the one, they said "YES" "your going to Hollywood":bolian:

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Desertwind she is not talking about that girl. The girl you're mentioning is the one who got the "yes" but they pointed out she was too quiet, I'm foreshadowing she will not last.

GNRF, the girl in question did not make it because she could not carry a tune. That was one of the most horrendous auditions I had ever seen in the history of American Idol. She was also so freaking obnoxious :rolleyes: I'm glad I didn't have to put up with her. She actually kept singing thinking they had made a mistake while she headed to the door.

I think the one I found the best, was the black 24 year old woman (I think) who had been adopted by the white family, she really blew me away. The one that I was laughing at was the girl who told Ryan that she had gotten 2 no's and a yes :lol:

10. Desertwind

Oh OK TeddyBear, thank's, there were so many contestants it boggles the mind. I can't even remember any of them today, but I see that this panel votes alot of people in that I thought were just horrendous:scream:way nice they never slam anyone just Randy "that was terrible", but he's still not as brutal as Simon:(

11. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, TBD. Yeah, I figured she wouldn't be any good. Usually the ones with that kind of attitude can't carry a tune.

You mean the one that had the thick southern/country accent?

I don't remember that one. I missed some of it for different reasons both nights.

The one that I laughed at was the guy who said he thought he sounded like Frank Sinatra and then he started singing that Lady Gaga song and he was just bad. Then that other guy singing Gaga, that Randy told if Gaga heard him singing her song, she'd run out of the room screaming LOL.

I couldn't believe that one dude asked Randy if he could have a sip of his coke. :wtf:

12. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

I really haven't been keeping up with this season but I did see the 15 year old who sang Like We'd Never Loved At All (I think!), Lauren was it? And then she got her family in and sang I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing with Steve Tyler?

She was amazing. I only saw her because our press picked up on it so I'm expecting her to go far.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah, my channel came back in long enough for me to see her. She changed up the Faith Hill song and I didn't recognize it at first, but I love that song.

14. ziesha

ziesha Victim

one of ma favorite show !

15. Vickyyy

Vickyyy Rookie

Yeah I thought she'd changed it because it is one of my fave songs! She had some voice on her!