~'Always Fresh at Misc Hortons!'~ Canadian Thread #4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Finch, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

I had to do it......I got 9 out of 15.
    For anyone in Manitoba.....are you guys scared of the mosquitos we are going to have because of all this rain?...I saw some already and they were the size of mini helicopters.......

2. quickbeam_cw

quickbeam_cw CSI Level One

Lol, allmaple, you win! :lol: 2 years... that's a long time, lol. I hate it when stores or something ask for your address and postal code... I just stare at them blankly or say "Hmmm, that's a good question." :lol:

Ugh, mosquitos the size of mini helicopters... that does NOT sound fun. Mosquitos have never been fun, but when you factor in the whole WNV thing... ugh. It's like the plague. Maybe not quite, but still. Tiny, little, biological terrorists. *slaps mosquitos*

3. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

ah canadian summer, where the only upside to construction is the cute construction workers :lol:

seriously though, i'm melting in my dorm room because of this weird heatwave edmonton is having. shaping up to be the warmest first 4 days of june in 30 years, with 30+ temps for the next few days. im seriously debating camping out at tims and having iced caps all day.

and the mosquitoes here are horrible too but thankfully i'm finding that mosquitoes dont like me. :lol: ive only had 1 bite me while my roommate has over 20 bites on her legs. yeah she hates me for it :lol:

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Ew. Yesterday, I found a ginormous tic on my dog. Seriously, biggest tic I have ever seen, and she's just a tiny little dog.

Haven't had too much of a problem with mosquito's... YET. I imagine they'll be along shortly.

So it's finally stopped raining here, and now I can't believe how humid it is! It's only low-mid twenties, but even standing still I'm sweating like crazy :(

5. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Pffff. Not the ones in my area :lol:

Im so pumped. I bought tickets for Kelly Clarkson's show in Toronto this August. I haven't been to a concert in ages, & I just love her to bits.

6. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol...as for concerts. i have tickets to go see big & rich (with gretchen wilson) at the stampede (along with maybe going to catch some other artists at the stages there), keith urban tix and brad paisley tickets :D

and yes while those acts arent canadian, the other acts at stampede i want to see (if i have enough time, working and all) are: three days grace, emerson drive :D

7. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

Does anyone here have a MySpace page? Just being nosy...............;)

8. allstar12

I avoid MySpace with a fiery passion. It scares me.

9. d2400

d2400 Hit and Run

I like going there to snoop :)
    Actually I use it to find new music and bands etc.
    But all the girls showing their ta ta's to everyone is VERY weird. These yungins' have no pride!!!!

10. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

yeah the only reason i go to myspace is to listen to music or watch music vids. lol.

11. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Pfft myspace is so last year :lol:. Seriously facebook is much more addicting & more fun. Some of the groups are hilarious.

Well, it looks like the cup won't be coming back to Canada :(. I'd support the Ducks if they didn't have Chris Pronger on the team. He's right up there with Don Cherry & by that I mean Canadians I cannot stand. I loathe Don's pro-Eastern Canada & anti-European atttitude. I mean, western Canada is just as good. Sorry Don, but Toronto isn't the centre of Canada. Also, what's wrong with Europeans? I am first generation Canadian which means my entire family are practically Europeans. Luckily hockey is done which means I don't have to hear him run his mouth. And don't get me started on Chris Pronger...

[/end rant] :mad:

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

blarg, facebook and myspace are the devil :lol: i know people that are always on it, and i was forced into facebook :rolleyes: but i never look at it, or add people, or change stuff. except i did join the group for a, um, atheist/agnostic club on my school campus... :lol:

13. allstar12

jorja! *pounces*

Technically, the Cup will be coming to Canada. There's about 20 Canadians on the team that'll probably bring it back to their hometowns ;)

It's not..?! Kidding :p

I never really listen to D.C when he talks, it's just a lot of hot air & it really bores me.

14. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Hey all my Canadian buddies. come on over to General Media. I started a Trailer Park boy's thread. :p :p :lol:

Hope to see you all there.

LMH

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i have been having some fun encounters with the most intelligent and noble species of the bird world...the canada goose! :lol: im volunteering at a wild life rehab center (because no one wanted to hire me) and there are some little baby goslings and a few older ones. the older goslings are allowed out of a cage and follow me around like a flock sometimes :D and when i was filling water bottles today i sprayed one gosling with the hose, when i turned it off he walked right up to the nozzle and poked it with his bill! so i sprayed him again :lol: it was super cute!

and tomorrow michael moores new movie 'sicko' is premiering here in london. they filmed a guy who got his fingers reattached at university hospital after the were hit by a hockey puck (how canadian?!?!) compared to an american who couldnt afford to have both his severed fingers reattached. my friend and i are going to go to the movie theater to see if anyone worthwhile shows up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.