Alex/Vartann

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA! You guys are responsible for me now owning a copy of 'Recipe for Revenge'. My husband burst out laughing when he saw the Harlequin Romance cover of the DVD! We watched it last night. He had a great time laughing at the implausibility while I enjoyed watching the detective do some slapstick and romantic comedy. He was very true to the version of Vartann that I write in my series, so thanks for pointing me to the movie! :D

ha ha :lol: ;)
vartannswoman told me about Recipe for Revenge he is absolutly adorable. And does have some Vartann characteristics to him in that movie.
It's very cute and sweet. :D

Maggs did you see Alex in Without a Trace?

hhunter said:
ha ha :lol: ;)
vartannswoman told me about Recipe for Revenge he is absolutly adorable. And does have some Vartann characteristics to him in that movie.
It's very cute and sweet. :D

Maggs did you see Alex in Without a Trace?

Unfortunately, I missed WaT because I had been away from the boards and missed the warning, but a friend is sending a copy to me, so I'll see it when I return from vacation in a week.

I just knew you would like "Recipe for Revenge". And it's true that Jack Brannigan has Vartann-things. Or is it the other way round, 'cause Jack was already there, when Vartann wasn't even created. Am I making any sense ?? Well, let's just say that Alex is just Alex in whatever role he's in !!

SaoirseIreland said:
I just knew you would like "Recipe for Revenge". And it's true that Jack Brannigan has Vartann-things. Or is it the other way round, 'cause Jack was already there, when Vartann wasn't even created. Am I making any sense ?? Well, let's just say that Alex is just Alex in whatever role he's in !!

Jack was first, you can tell by the hair. :D

The other great thing for me was that the female lead, when she was zany or emotional, had similarities to his love interest in my series (who is frequently off balance and centered by the calm, steady detective). So it was wonderful to see him playing off that kind of character for once. I love having visuals to watch before I write a scene, so it's a keeper!
:D

I liked Recipe for Revenge I thought I wouldn't because Alex has played far too many roles on Lifetime (except The Mermaid Chair, I like that one too) but Recipe for Revenge was cute,predictable[like alot of these types of TV movies are], yet fun to watch.
He does the semi-bumbling straight-shooting detective well.

Alex did bring some of that to Vartann in the straight-shooting, but Vartann didn't have the comic timing.
Obviously a different character but similar in the same way.
Did that make sense?

Maggs I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your fic :)

hhunter said:

Alex did bring some of that to Vartann in the straight-shooting, but Vartann didn't have the comic timing.
Obviously a different character but similar in the same way.
Did that make sense?

Maggs I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your fic :)

The only time he came close as Vartann was during Iced. My favorite part of that episode is when he's alone with Doc and Doc slays him every time he says something 'insightful'. Something like...

Vartann: 2 shirts, 2 socks, 2 pairs of underwear. This tells me the guy was staying for 2 days.

Doc: Your powers of deduction amaze me.

:D

Glad you're enjoying my series too.

that was a great scene. Doc will do that... :)

Sometimes Vartann does need to be knocked down a peg or two.
:rolleyes: He comes off a little too high-and-mighty sometimes.

Thanks,nice pics !and your icon is very nice, very cute!
(Catherine is very beautiful.)

Is there PICS of WAT more?
I want to watch more pics.

I just wanted to pop in and say I've been working on a little fansite for the recurring characters on CSI. Vartann is the only page I have started and seeing how he's the only one there, I thought I'd stop by and let you know about it.

The url function isn't working for me, but you can find my homepage in my profile. The green banner labled I Remember You is the link to the fansite. =)

Hi,edog! Your site is wonderful :D
Vartann's pics .... cute and handsome :lol:
Thank you for teaching it ;)

and question!
Can you comment in a fan site of that place?
Can I participate, too? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back