Add a line Vegas Style

Catherine stalked out of the room, tired of all the foolishness. She jumped into her car, determined to find Grissom and settle this once and for all. As she put the car into reverse and checked her mirrors, something caught her eye in the back seat.

*I haven't been here for a while, but I can see you've all been busy! :lol: The story seems to have gone on and off the track several times.

Hellogilbert, of course you're welcome to play and add to the story as you see fit. :) It couldn't be any crazier than anything else that's been written.

Catherine stalked out of the room, tired of all the foolishness. She jumped into her car, determined to find Grissom and settle this once and for all. As she put the car into reverse and checked her mirrors, something caught her eye in the back seat.

*I haven't been here for a while, but I can see you've all been busy! :lol: The story seems to have gone on and off the track several times.

Hellogilbert, of course you're welcome to play and add to the story as you see fit. :) It couldn't be any crazier than anything else that's been written.

Hellogilbert, as long as you don't run in here screaming "David Rambo is a god." you're welcome to be here. I have a severe allergy to all things GSR. So if I was hostile, excuse me.

Grissom sat up and smiled.

"Hello Catherine!"

Catherine screamed!!!!!!

"Sorry, Catherine. I didn't mean to startle you."

"What are you doing here, Gil?"

"I need you to help me, Cath. Clear my name like you did Nicky's after Kristy Hopkins was killed."

"Are you saying that you didn't kill Natalie after all?"

"No, I didn't. I think her foster sister killed her too. Tying up loose ends and all."

Meanwhile, back in the lab, a man walked in.

"Dr. Langston." Brass greeted. "Thank you for coming. We could really use your help."

"Sorry, Catherine. I didn't mean to startle you."

"What are you doing here, Gil?"

"I need you to help me, Cath. Clear my name like you did Nicky's after Kristy Hopkins was killed."

"Are you saying that you didn't kill Natalie after all?"

"No, I didn't. I think her foster sister killed her too. Tying up loose ends and all."

Meanwhile, back in the lab, a man walked in.

"Dr. Langston." Brass greeted. "Thank you for coming. We could really use your help."

"Well I just went over Gil Grissom's file and he fits the profile of a serial killer. His childhood was very similar to that of Jeffrey Dahmer. He used to collect animal bones and put them back to gether with crazy glue."

"No shit!" Brass said.

A young woman who looked to be in her early to mid twenties walked into the room. "My name is Kara Grissom. I'm Gil's niece. He was on the phone with me for three hours tonight. And those hours cover the vic's TOD. So, Uncle Gil couldn't have killed that Natalie woman."

Greg nudged Nick with his shoulder and whispered in his ear, "Grissom's niece is hot!"

A young woman who looked to be in her early to mid twenties walked into the room. "My name is Kara Grissom. I'm Gil's niece. He was on the phone with me for three hours tonight. And those hours cover the vic's TOD. So, Uncle Gil couldn't have killed that Natalie woman."

Greg nudged Nick with his shoulder and whispered in his ear, "Grissom's niece is hot!"

"Alright!" Nick groaned. "We have a major cast bloat here!"

"Who cares!" Greg said. "She's hot!"

Meanwhile, Catherine looks at Grissom, "Okay I'll try and clear you, but then make sure you ride off into the sunset as planned!"

May I join in?

If I may here's my response:

"I can't," she said as she turned her head away from him. She focused on a point in the room--everything too blurrry for her to know exactly what.

"Catherine," he started to protest. In truth he was afraid the he couldn't make it in the world without her to lean on--to set him straight. He hadn't even tried in the last two decades. "Please."

"No," she said, this time raising her gaze to meet his. "I just... can't. I'm not ready."

There was silence between them for a few stale moments before she stood up, dabbed a place beneath her eye with her index finger, and shuffled out of the room with some sort of comment about getting that good name back for him. Grissom sighed himself propped back on the chair he was occupying and frowned. In Catherine Willows' eyes he was only ever going to be second best. Even as an absentee Warrick Brown still held a power over her heart.

If I may not you're welcome to ignore my bit.

If I'm not allowed to join in until I do some sort of Vegas Add-A-Line hazing just let me now what the hazing is... okay? And, sorry if that's a bit long. I know I kinda got carried away but I wanted it to come off the way I was intending it to.

Hey that was beautiful-made me wipe a tear.

I'll add some comedic relief.

Nick's mouth formed into a U as tears brimmed in his eyes.

"Oh God Nick!" Hodges groaned and handed a tissue box to Nick who collapsed into a chair crying.

"That was so beautiful!" Nick sobbed. "So touching!"

"Oh good Lord, Nick!" Catherine sighed. "See what've you done, Gil, I just got Nick to stop crying at the drop of a pin and now you've messed up my good work."

Gil sighed heavily and placed his chin in his hand. "I know I've messed up everyone, especially you my love!"

Catherine's lips tremble, "Don't call me that.."

Last edited:
It had been a sick joke on Grissom's part to call her his love--and he was well aware. Still it had been a joke and just as jokes are intended it had brought smiles and a quiet surge of laughter throughout the room he was in. Even Cathereine herself had had to supress a grin at the comment before she'd rebutted.

Still there had been ice in her voice when she'd warned him. There was more beneath the surface to Catherine than he'd thought. For the last two decades when he'd been leaning on her where had she turned for support?

"Oh... right," he said to himself. His tone low and barely audible. But, surely someone had heard him.

Suddenly there was a loud crash in the hallway. Everyone turned to see that Ecklie had tripped over a string of garland that had fallen off the wall. He had fallen on the floor. They all bit back their laughs.

Back