"A Thousand Days on Earth" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 5, 2008.

1. junebug

junebug Civilian

Hello. First post.

I joined because, even though I really enjoyed this episode, I have a problem with the outcome and was hoping someone could help me out.

If the little girl was just playing hide and seek with her siblings, why was there blood under the sink (COD, if I remember, was blunt force trauma) and why were there bruises on her arms as if someone had grabbed her forcefully? (Clearly shown and pointed out by Catherine.)

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks!

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Welcome Junebug! :)

My friends at work and I were talking about this too. We didn't quite get it either. We assumed that the little girl hit her head while hiding under there...maybe after burning herself with the chemicals? It wasn't explained very well tho.

I suspect then that the bruises were from her step-father grabbing her to try to revive her and carrying her.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That's what I was thinking too, Smokey. It sounds reasonable, but it would have been nice if they explained it more.

4. junebug

junebug Civilian

Thanks - those sound like reasonable explanations.

I agree that it would have been nice if they explained it more. I like when all the pieces of evidence they have been gathering come together like a puzzle. Don't like it when there are puzzle pieces left over that have to be explained.

I do feel better about the episode now. :)

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That was vague, and murky and also, they never explained how or who did the hair dye and curled it, after Doc, said it was:confused:

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i thought they said the parents changed her hair? since her father was latino but the other children (half siblings? step siblings?) had curly blonde hair. they wanted her to fit in with the family and not feel different.

i thought the flashback did a descent job of explaining the cause of death. with the autopsy results and flashback scene you could put the pieces together.