"A La Cart" Episode Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Autumn

Autumn Victim

-stifles laughter- Only CSI.. Never thought I'd laugh at a rolling head.. XD

2. Toots

Toots Pathologist

1st quarter is over, and I'm kind of bored. Greg looks great though.

3. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

ok just finished watching it...

After watching the entire eppy, it seems that the re-used opening line from grissom was definatly deliberate. There were several things that showed up in the eppy, that have appeared in the early seasons. Look for them! probably a ode to use crazy fans...and also because these cases were very 'old school' csi

Its great that they got back to the basics, for me this was the season opener. I did feel the resolutions for both cases were kind of rushed...i did expect this, because they also put in the GSR stuff, which kind of ruined the cases.

The go cart case...greg and nick rocked!! They reminded me of flack and danny in new york...they even had a chase scene! I loved when nick and greg looked at each other after the suspect ran away :lol: There were a lot of great one liners...and it was good to see hodges, doc and super dave in the mix. The experiment with grissom was great...it was good to have some of the old grissom back, it was a cute scene...but i felt the resolution was kind of rushed.

The other case...well, i didn't like the slow motion scenes...i just don't like slow motion that much. I guess it was kind of hard to show stuff that happened in the dark. It was still really good, Brass was SO funny!! :lol: Dealing with those girls, hahaha...there were some funny parts in this case.

Well, we finally find out what happened to warrick's marriage...no surprise there. I really didn't like him and cath flirting, ulg, i hope they are not going for another relationship here. Again, i didn't like the resolution on this one that much. The motive was fine, just felt rushed.

And of course on to the GSR stuff. These scenes were just useless in this eppy, and just isolated both grissom and sara from the rest of the team, as usual. Also, only Nick seemed to have a reaction to the news...from what we saw last season, Cath should have had some type of opinion on this. It appears that Cath and Grissom's relationship is pretty much gone...apparently they don't talk to each other anymore!

I actually agree with Ecklie on this. He wasn't unresonable either, not like a witch hunt against Grissom. Ecklie pointed out one very good reason this relationship is very wrong. He pointed out that, wouldn't a girl want people to know the guy she was dating? He also stated that they could have worked through it, like adults, instead of keeping it a secret like some kind of secret forbiden fling. These scenes just show how immature how this relationship is, and how both sara and grissom handled it. Not only that, it appears that sara's only purpose on this show now is to be grissom's girlfriend. Her character used to be so much better than this. I can't stand her when she is around him...now every eppy, there she is, attached to his hip.

The end scene, with that hat which made grissom look about 10 years older than he really is, looked like a father and daughter talking. I guess that is why i was cringing so badly. It was just so out of place in a CSI episode...

The end part with the go karts were cute, with the entire cast...

and Nicky was totally jealous about sara :lol:

4. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

Oh, and I liked that they mentioned that Warrick got divorced. It's about time. It would have been cool to get a little story about that or a flashback or SOMETHING. but at least the writers acknowledged that they remember that he was married.

Also, I liked the banter between Greg and Nick. It was too funny!

5. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Okay I just watched the episode, and I'm a bit "Eh." about the whole thing.

I will start with GSR. I liked how they started the episode with Sara walking in, and the labrats just knowing something is going to happen. I don't believe Sara's only purpose on the show will be to support Grissom. I'm also glad she's moving to swing. Who's going to be her supervisor? Catherine, I'm assuming? I'm stoked. Personally, I love it when they are divided (Catherine, Sara working a case, Grissom, Nick, and Warrick type thing.) The car scene was a cute scene, I'm glad we got to hear a little about their backstory so to speak... And Grissom remembering exactly what how she looked.

A Case: This case was my favourite out of the two. A little to comedic in the beginning with the head rolling, but that's alright. I laughed with some family :) I'm really happy they are getting back into CRIME SCENES and not just "OOHH AHHH GSR!" as much as I love it. Just reminds me WHY I fell in love with CSI as a whole. The scene with Grissom, Nick, Greg, and Ecklie was actually interesting, and I said that out loud. I never new rubber could do that! And I LOL'd at Ecklies, "See if you could reuse some of that jello."

B Case: Was pretty much a bore for me to sit through.. Basically because there was no "THUMP." they were in a restaurant the whole time, and I don't even know what evidence they collected? Honey, and Blood? They way they found the suspect was also a little bit boring. I'm a total YoBling! supporter, but they don't need another relationship on the show and I hope they don't go down that route. It was a cute flirty scene though that they had.

I adored the last scenes as well. The whole team go-karting, and Sara just looking on. At first I was thinking, she's just sad because she can't be apart of it. But, she looks to be more so upset at the fact that she won't be apart of that WHOLE team any longer.

Next weeks ep. looks pretty good thought :D

6. Purejoylove

Purejoylove Lab Technician

I liked the fact that Sara said she'd leave the graveyard shift instead of Gil taking the fall.

Also, could someone PLEASE pm me and tell me what the song was that played at the end of that ep?

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I wondered why she was sad but that explains it.

nice YoBling although I prefer CatNip myself

Eating in the dark is wierd, I'd probably get all messy lol

What was Grissom's opening line? I missed it.

LOL at both the "where do you get your info" and Jello line. With the first one I wanted to yell out "obviously not from experience!" lol

*grades at a B*

ETA: Who gave Grissom hat advice? Tell him to drop the beanie lol...The straw hat has grown on me but I can't get into the beanie look.

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I noticed that the two girls who get interviewed at the very beginning of the Blind Waiter case seem very much like the girls in their underwear in Evaluation Day.

I agree, these cases felt very old school CSI-ish, especially with the team hanging out, and the genuine glee that Grissom and the boys had with the recreation.

I didn't totally enjoy it - I felt that the kart case was too obvious and the blind one a little too complicated, but overall it was a fun hour.

9. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yeah, I was thinking...gee, Grampa has a new hat! ;)

I don't think Nick's jealous tho...just curious. (about Sara and Grissom...not the hat...although, maybe he's jealous of the hat...who knows?...he doesn't need it tho...his hair looks just fine this year) ;)

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

This episode was interesting although I expected better. So if I heard correctly Warrick is finally divorced and free of Tina. I'm glad that now he can move on and have a life. The smug attitude Sara had really made me angry. Grissom wasn't much better but I loved the way Ecklie handled it. Sara moving to swing shift is a good idea, Grissom should not be her supervisor anymore. Nick & Greg working together was a refreshing change, I didn't believe Greg when he told Nick he knew, I think itwas just another case of him trying to impress, but it was kinda funny. And ballistics gel man was back, was he the same one in Who shot sherlock I wonder? The go-cart case was way more exciting than the dining in the dark one, seemed silly to me (not eating in the dark but the motive, actions etc). I really liked the ending, with them racing and having a good time, I just thought that was great, showed team spirit I guess. All in all not a bad episode, could have been better but I was satisfied.

11. Veze

Veze Rookie

The song is Running up that Hill (originally from Kate Bush) but in the show I think it's performed by Placebo

12. Point

Point Dead on Arrival

About fell out of my chair when I saw that whole part. Great stuff!

And the ending was great, too, with the go-carts. I was secretly thinking that Cath could probably whip 'em all ;-)

13. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Also, with the jello guy...and ecklie complaining about the price of balistics jelly...

plus the hot dog stand uniform from viva las vegas

and docs creepy celeb picture thing...

there were more...i have to go through it again...

14. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Let me start at the end, purejoylove, the song is called "running up that hill" originally by kate bush and david gilmour (Pink Floyd). It was a major hit way back in the day, original video is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BZsXVf6INc - I don't know who redid it, but they didn't do a terrible job.

Now, on to the episode.

Gag me with a spoon! Totally! Like, fer sure! Anyway, enough about the kittens.

The good: Good to see CSIs doing CSI work. Good to see Warrick doing something other than getting assigned to collecting evidence when nobody is around. Good to see him and Cath play a little bit of romance (but see bad for more).

The cases were both good. Happy to see Grissom doing an experiment. Happy to see Ecklie both upset about the material used, and impressed by the process and results. Overall just nice to see a bunch of good work by everyone on the team, and everyone played in the game (except Sara). Even the lab rats got their time. A good sign for the coming season.

Equally good this time around was that the show didn't have any significant continuality problems, no major errors in the crimes, and no real "gotchas" in the whole deal. A nice tight episode with two solid cases that both played well.

The bad? Wow. Warrick getting divorced pretty much the same way he got married (a one liner in the show). Obviously, it allows us to re-enjoy the Cath / Warrick flirty time (as the show had tonight) but the last thing CSI needs now is more shipping.

More bad? Grissom is getting to have a serious bad hat fetish. Pretty soon he will be driving slowly in the left hand lane on the highway with the right flasher on, while wearing white pants "up to here". Is retirement far off?

As for GSR, well... Sara has obviously already decides to throw herself on a sword to protect Grissom. I suspct her move to swing will make her very unhappy, likely to end up with issues with whoever ends up as her supervisor. Physically, she will heal. Mentally, I think she is "this" close to entering into some self destructive behavior.

There is also the issue of the start of the relationship. If in fact Grissom feels that their intimate relationship started 9 years ago, then everything he has done since CSI started has been tainted. The whole drinking / drunk driving / outrage situation is now all tainted by Grissom apparently feeling something was "on". This is massively ugly if this is true, certainly enough to make all his evaluations of Sara since she joined null and void. Could this lead to Sara being downgraded to a CSI3 or something, which leads her out the door?

Overall, this episode at least featured crime, criminals, and mystery, which is the real reason I watch the show. The ship stuff is the sort of thing I which would just get on a ship and sail away, leaving us to enjoy the mysteries of crime, not vague questions of the heart.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yeah, it's cool how much attention to continuity CSI has been doing in the past couple of years.

Question - are we supposed to assume that Greg is lying about knowing about GSR, but just wants to sound like he has a leg up on Nick (so to speak. heh. The Love 4 Life.)