9x14 - 'Stoned Cold ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 26, 2011.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

LOL,he's still cute.:)

2. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

that man's got great bone structure- I think he used to model? very handsome to be a 'labrat'..so then this molly girl might be a love interest for Ryan and maybe they can introduce an agent or detective as a love interest for Horatio...

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Agree,the bone structure is really nice.

According to interviews by the actress ,Molly and Ryan's relationship will be as flirty friends.

4. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Of course, because it's not possible for any CSI in Miami to have a normal, drama-free personal life. It must be either very complicated, on-off like EC or just flirty, nothing serious like other CSIs...:rolleyes:

5. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Yes my mom stills talks about the horrible creeps who made my life hell in elementary school. Those wounds never heal, I still feel the effects of their insults and always second guess people; wondering if they are truly on my side. Blair was one of the worst characters I've seen.

What season of cold Case? I only watched the last season of it, because they cancelled it soon after I got into the show :(

6. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Well I didn't get to see the episode at all. I have no cable or satellite..........yeah lame I know. :rolleyes: Since CSI:M comes through CTV and the Oscars were on, I missed a good show.

But thanks to you fine folks for the opinions expressed, I can see it was a great storyline. So thanks for that! I too was bullied and have a 0-tolerance to this nonsense. And for what it's worth, I am glad that bully got what she deserved. But to hear Wolfie was bullied too, that made me sad. And I know how Eric treated him on previous seasons. As soon as Wolfie was being bullied from Season 3 onwards, I thought, "come on, TPTB don't have him be the scapegoat here." But I am glad he got the telescope from Natalia and Walter. See this is where I miss Jessie. All three of the men had a great comaraderie going. Walter, Jessie and Wolfie, the three musketeers!

Perhaps I will see it when we have repeats. But I wanted to come thank you all for your insight and support for Wolfie too. ;)

7. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

What season of cold Case? I only watched the last season of it, because they cancelled it soon after I got into the show :([/QUOTE]

The episode is from Season 5,called Boy Crazy. A really powerful episode which truly made you feel for the victim and cry for her. She really is a talented actress.

8. MelxxWhoLuvsYa

MelxxWhoLuvsYa Rookie

Exactly what I've been thinking Linda, before season 8 it seemed to be EC vs Ryan (and slightly Natalia). I'm not saying they were purposly against him but the lack of screentime for anyone else coupled together with the obssesive "E to C and no-one else allowed" really left Ryan on his own (don't get me started on his mistreatment in WISC! :shifty:)

But like you said, Season 8 had Walter and Jesse become his friends aswell as Natalia. Those four really made the season for me with their friendlyness. (Which, though sadly Jesse isn't with us anymore, at least TPTB are continuing the friendship :))

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get that out there :) Still an excellent episode for Ryan and I hope to see more of his hidden past. I'm still not sure on Molly yet, I'll need to see her more before I can form an opinion. :thumbsup:

9. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

She IS a busy lady. :p

I'm glad to hear that she'll be in more than one episode though! I'm sure she'll be a great addition to the team. :D

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

FINALLY!!! I have time to sit at a computer for more than five minutes!! I really liked this episode and found it quite interesting, since this topic has been in the news lately.

Random Thoughts:

--Shouldn't Horatio been wearing gloves when handling the rocks?

--Blair was so rotten with no redeeming qualities as far as I could see. Telling the parents that their kids were losers....man:(

--I thought one parent would be involved but was surprised to see three.

--Is there any CSI that Natalia DOESN"T work well with? She seems to have good chemistry with everyone:)

--A good Ryan eppie. I thought his interaction with Molly was pretty cute (a good continuation of his OCD with him telling her that he puts his cereal in alphabetical order) and I always enjoy his interactions with Walter. And good screentime:thumbsup:

--Need more Frank:lol:

--I didn't notice Dave Benton's haircut. I'll have to go back and check it out.

--As for the scene between Eric and Ryan....While I agree with Delynn that there is too much damage there for Eric and Ryan to really be friends, my first initial reaction to Eric's reaction to Ryan's story (granted I only seen this scene once) seemed to me, surprise and more of him being startled than anything else. But given what has gone on between these two over the years, I can appreciate and understand other perceptions. What I took from away from this scene was, one, "FINALLY, a look into Ryan's background" and two, another reminder what a talented actor Jonathan Togo really is.

--IMO this was one of the best endings in a couple of years (I would like to think Eric threw in a few bucks for the new telescope). Not sure how I feel about Eric sharing Ryan's story with Natalia and Walter, but their gentle teasing didn't really bother me for two reasons:

1. IMHO, Natalia Boa Vista doesn't have a mean bone in her body and
    2. After seeing Walter's reaction to Ryan's arrest in Time Bomb last year, I think he considers Ryan a friend and friends do at times tease each other.

A very good eppie.

11. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

I went back and watched the episode a couple more times:

Eric was chuckling at the line "are you seeing starz now, Wolfie". I've been bullied and I laughed. It was a funny line, plain and simple. I didn't get the impression that Eric was laughing at the fact that Ryan was actually bullied. Yes, Eric could have said "hey, sorry that happend to you". That's true. The writer's chose AGAIN to make Eric look like a jerk. Why they do that, I have no idea. URG!

Also, I truly believe that Eric got the Telescope for Ryan. The tag was written in his printed block lettering that they always use for Delko's writing and the tag said "For seeing the stars". Also, the type of person that Ryan is, he would have thanked Walter and Nat right then and there if he thought they purchased it. So, yes, it's obvious that Walter and Nat were told the story and they may possibly have even pitched in, but I really think Eric initiated it, because he does care about Ryan.

Eric wasn't always the nicest with Speed, but it was very evident that he really did care a lot about him. He has a hard time showing his feelings to Calleigh, so it's no surprise that he has a hard time showing his feelings to Ryan and the others. Sure, Eric and Ryan go head to head sometimes, but in the end, Ryan and Eric like each other, they work well together, have respect for each other and have each other's backs. I do hope the writer's show this more, so that we all can see more team coheasiveness.

The Telescope was a nice gesture and a way for Eric to let Ryan know that even though he was not bullied as a kid and didn't maybe understand what Ryan went through, that Eric did get how much the Telescope meant to him and felt bad for Ryan. Ryan looked to me that he was happy he got the Telescope and didn't have a problem with Walter and Nat knowing and thought it was funny his bully was a politician. Eric not being in the locker room just made me respect him more, that he was not waiting around for a thank you or pats on the back from Ryan.

I will also say that in that scene, I do not feel any longer that Nat was being snotty or flipant. She and Walter were just showing they care in a teasing way, to help make light of Ryan being bullied as a kid.

I totally understand some of you don't like Eric just as much as I don't like Nat and will totally disagree with me and that's OK! I'm glad we don't all see things the same way, cuz it makes for great conversation and hopefully opens all our eyes to more possibilities. I think there is one thing we all agree on - TPTB leave things too ambigious, which leaves us guessing all the time, but we all know they do that on purpose. LOL

Looking forward to Sunday's new episode. If this last episode was any indication, it looks like the rest of the season will definitely be worth watching!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

What a disturbing and yet wonderful episode. :p

I feel for the bullied victims, but I have a problem with Megan willingly sleeping with those boys. I can understand her wanting to fit in, and I can understand her feeling betrayed after putting trust in Blair - however, I wasn't as sympathetic towards her as I was to Nate because she wasn't forced into sleeping with those guys...she should've just said 'no' & left the party.

I loved Ryan's part in the episode. I'd read that the writers intially wanted all the characters to share thier own stories and I have to say they made the right choice by letting it whittle down to only Ryan. The little bit of background was good for him & it let him stand out in the episode.

Molly seems sweet, very cute. I like that she's smart but doesn't come off as a know-it-all -- her interaction with Ryan was also nice. Whether or not I'd like to see her stick around for awhile...time will tell. So far so good though.

On the Ryan/Eric thing.
    I've always viewed Eric as the type who tends to be insensitive towards other people's feelings & it takes him awhile (& sometimes never) to realise he's put his foot in his mouth or reacted the wrong way, so I didn't look at it as mean or harsh when he chuckled at Ryan's story. I don't think he meant any harm by it quite honestly.
    At first I had the impression that Eric, Walter, & Natalia had bought Ryan the telescope - but after thinking about it some more, I believe tptb were expecting us to think that it was only from Eric. There was no "thanks, guys, you're the best" from Ryan to Walter & Natalia....& if he had thought it was from them, & tptb wanted us to know it was from them - then wouldn't there have been a 'thank you' in there? I couldn't see Ryan NOT thanking them if he believed it was a gift from all of them.
    My guess is - Eric realised he'd made a boo-boo (as usual) and wanted to make up for it, he buys the telescope, Natalia & Walter see him with it, questions are asked, Ryan's 'story' is told.

While I'm not totally convinced that Ryan & Eric are just the best of friends - people do bury the hatchet & move on, they grow & mature. I don't think they'll ever be close the way Eric & Speed were, or friends in the way that Ryan, Walter & Natalia hang out after work all the time....but I think they're ok with one another now. Certainly not 'best buds' who go out for golf or "play" outside of work, but two people who can be in each others company every so often & still have a good time/get along.
    Things may or may not always be peachy with the two of them - things could arise later that set one or the other off. But for the most part, I think they've both let it go, and so have I.

Overall, another good episode with an even better promo that followed. :cool:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree with this. :)

I think Eric may have thought that he hurt Ryan's feelings by laughing and may have thought that Ryan got the wrong idea with his laughing, so he wanted to do something to show him that he didn't mean anything by laughing and bought the telescope as sort of an apology. I too think its possible that after telling the story to Walter and Natalia, that they may have decided to pitch in. While I liked the scene with Ryan, Walter and Natalia, in a way I kind of wish they'd ended it with Ryan finding the telescope. That way we'd know for sure that Eric purchased it and his reaction to the story wouldn't be in question.

I agree with this.

Oh they totally do it on purpose LOL. They like to make us crazy haha.

I agree with this. It bothers me that they played it off like "poor girl lost her virginity because of Blair". No, she could have told Blair to go away and that she didn't want popularity that badly. She knew how nasty Blair was so she should have expected the backstab. Blair may have been a b with a serious itch, but she was right when she asked Megan where her self respect was.

That's a good theory on why Eric told Walter and Natalia about Ryan's story.

14. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

It might have been on Channel 20 because that channel aired the episode when CTV was preoccupied. I caught it on CBS with my HD antenna

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I got it on Channel 20, CTV has done that in the past so I knew where to look this time. The episodes are usually available online on CTV.ca

I really liked this episode and I am glad the episode showed the effects of bullying, like the student who tried to kill himself. I don't blame the parents for taking matters into their own hands, I have no sympathy for Blair, she was a cold hearted person who had no remorse for her actions. She hurt a lot of people but didn't care

I liked how Walter figured out that there were two different people who tied the rope, very good observation on his part