9x14 - 'Stoned Cold ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Feb 26, 2011.

1. jean10brook

jean10brook Hit and Run

Well, we finally got clarification on who bought the telescope for Ryan and why. Adam said this in a recent interview with Adam Rodriguez Connection:

ARC: In "Stoned Cold", Ryan revealed to Delko that he was bullied in school. Some have said that Delko's reaction was... and to use a better term, quite cold. Did Delko leave the telescope in Ryan's locker?

Adam: Was definitely Delko who left the telescope in Ryan's locker. He left it because he was probably bullied also at some point and could relate to Ryan but couldn't admit it.

If you would like to read the full interview, which contains info about "Hunting Ground", the cast and the future of E/C, here is the link:

http://adamrodriguezconnection.com/#/interview2/4542856352

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks, jean. I always thought the three of them bought it together, but its nice to know for sure. :)

3. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Thanks for the interview - I'm actually really glad we did make such a big thing of it, or else we never would've gotten clarification on it! And I'm glad it wasn't "just me" who thought Delko's attitude was cold. Had to be a lot more people than that for it to be asked by an interviewer - good job to whoever did that story!

Glad Adam was able to clear things up and say it was Delko who left it. Adam's comments make me feel 1,000 times better about the episode and Delko! When I first saw Ryan pull out the telescope, my immediate reaction was "AWWWW - that's sooo awesome - this is the best scene in 5 years!" :lol: One thing I would say, though, is that I wish TPTB (particularly the writers) would've made that more clear and clarified it after all this fan concern. It really did reflect poorly on Delko's character to leave it so ambiguous, especially after his initial reaction to Ryan's story. :rolleyes:

It's great that Adam at least thinks Delko was good enough to get the scope for Ryan, and I just hope that's what the writers thought, too - kinda wish TPTB said something too b/c sometimes they and the actors aren't on the same page all the time (i.e.: the whole E/C issue) :rolleyes: . Anyhow, it was good to hear Adam's take, and the whole interview was very interesting. I'm looking forward to his episode this Sunday - sounds awesome :)

4. gsugirl

gsugirl Victim

Now I feel better about Delko and his attitude toward Ryan in this situation. I guess that the writers wanted to leave it up to the viewer's imagination as to whether or not Delko bought the telescope. I am glad that Adam cleared that up.

I wish the writers had included a scene in which Horatio showed a little more sympathy toward the bullied kids (especially the one who attempted suicide). In my humble opinion, Horatio has been way out in left field for most of the season. I know I'm in the minority on the Horatio isssue, though and that's o.kay. One sentence in support of the bullied kids would have been nice from Horatio. Take care, everyone!

5. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I don't think you're necessarily in the minority- or even if you are, you're not all alone, because I think the same thing. It seems to me like in the past few years, Horatio has shifted from being most concerned about the victims to more concerned about his idea of justice. Unless, of course, the victim is a (live) young, helpless female. He also seems less connected to the team. It's really a shame. :(