9x06 - "Reality Kills" - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Thanks, onlytruelove

It's posted on CBS.com... so for those of you who did watch Cold Case, was it posted online and STILL aired the next week? Maybe they keep us on schedule, and air it the next 'repeat' time slot.

Either way, how's this for the ratings, since it didn't air. They can't count it against us, right?

2. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I got fooled as well and I am on the WEST COAST-San Fran! I was wondering why Emily would take so many chances or did she have a stunt double that looked just like her that I didn't know about! It should have been called "Reality Checks and BITES" (and on the backside as well!) rather than "Reality Kills". So that's what happens when the show gets bumped by football. Not good at all.

I was looking forward to this episode and even though I can watch it on my PC, I don't like to and it's not fair to the people who don't have bandwidth or whatever and can't watch it on their computers.

All in all a very weird thing to do-but I have to wonder if it's some sort of karmic payback for making tongue in cheek stereotypes about psychics, there are some people who are psychic and DO help law enforcement, just as there are people ( I remember a Dragnet episode from the 60s where con men do pose as police officers)- do we make tongue in cheek stereotypes about policemen?

Well, until next week then.... btw, please anyone do pm with a real address to complain to CBS about this. Thanks!

P.S. please no congrats to me about the Giants winning the series- Ruby here is a LA Dodgers, LA Lakers GAL!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  3. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

There was a hint it wasn't going to air this evening when the second overtime football game ended at 8:05 and they showed the lineup for the remainder of the evening and CSIM wasn't listed. I am amazed that an expensive show like CSIM would be preempted by a cheap show like Undercover Boss. This makes absolutely no sense. They could run UB any time any day and they wouldn't lose any money. With that being said, it will be interesting to see how UB does in the 10 p.m. slot. Maybe it will give CBS a reason to switch the 9 and 10 p.m. timeslots. Also, it occurs to me that the producers of CSIM will be equally upset and will make it known to CBS. Maybe this is the impetus to wake the fans up and start supporting the show again.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, I came on hoping to see if the episode was any good (Im in the UK) and I find this.
    It is ridiculous how badly CBS is treating a show that has done very well for them in the past, at home and in the overseas markets. You think they would have more respect for the fans than to mess it around like this. But obviously not.
    It seems odd to put a popular programme into a slot that they know is likely at the very least to be delayed because of football, and in some cases like this to be cancelled entirely.
    I would sign the petition, but not being in the US I dont think I can really. Hopefully CBS see sense and move the show back to a decent slot. If I were a casual viewer I would give up watching the show entirely with all these problems.

5. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I didn't even catch that about the lineup because I don't watch football, but you know, you made several valid points....

You are so right about UB. I, too, wonder how it would fair in the 10pm slot. NY moved from 10 to 9 on Fridays, so I'm not sure what it would hurt to put Miami in the 9PM slot. It'd be worth a shot! And plus, what happens if this happens again? Do we keep falling behind schedule? Not fair. Like you said, and expensive show like CSI: M should win out over some 'cheap' reality show any day.

This is the reason I stopped watching The Amazing Race... but I will watch Miami as long as it airs, so.... :p

6. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

I stopped watching TV five years ago :cool:.

Is it just me, or have Miami actually improved??? I did enjoy season 7 and 8 but they were kind of slightly down from the previous, and I was so sure it was going to go downwards from there - but it actually seems like something have happened! :D

At first, it totally looked like your average Miami episode but it was a lot, lot better. I was worried because of the great episode last' week but I didn't have to be. The case wasn't great to begin with, but the complexity of the characters involved in it made it so much better, even if the subplot about the drug and the boy felt a bit forced at best.

I love those little team moments back at the lab! I hope they're here to stay. I also start to enjoy Walter even more, would be great if we got some more background story about him too. Eric has also started to grow on me again lately, he has been a bit more laid back this season and that's great.

Sure, it wasn't as good as last week but I would still give it 7/10!

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I find it ridiculous & quite absurd that I, as person who doesn't live neither in the US or in Canada, was able to watch this episode thanks to the Internet when the people who live in the US weren't able to watch the show because CBS, its own network, didn't air it while in Canada people were lucky enough to watch it thanks to CTV!!!
    Only CBS could have done such a thing with one of its shows :rolleyes:

Anyway I'll go & post my comment in a spoiler box
    The episode was enjoyable to watch though I found myself like "wtf" a couple of times especially when Ryan was trying to get some fingerprints from the iceblock :lol:

Also is Eric Delko having money issues like Ryan??? 'Cause I'm not really understanding why cops should spend some hours in their life as bodyguards during events like the one showed in this episode :shifty:
    Plus Eric freaked out because of fireworks??? Didn't he know they were going to use fireworks??? :shifty:

I had to laugh out loud when Ryan pointed out the victim was pregnant...I was almost expecting him to say something like "you know, I had the same symptoms when I was younger" LOL......I don't know I found it so odd & misplaced since two women were in the same room with him...also Emily Procter is pregnant in reality so it would have been a little bit more obvious make Calleigh pointing that out.....oh well Ryan was much more enjoyable to see while pointing it out :lol:

Last but not least, I love how Eric can't keep anyone's pace in running & always ends up like he's he's losing one of his lungs due to the running LOL.
    Loved H running over the first guy & Ryan tackling the second one :lol:

8. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

Totally ridiculous that it didnt get shown at all in the US. WTF CBS? Hopefully CBS is smart and shows it sometime this week.

9. dreamer285

dreamer285 Hit and Run

I say we should write to CBS and complain - if ppl are able to get Adam back on the show, then maybe there would be enough leverage to have CBS move CSI: Miami's crappy tim slot!

Anyone with me??

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

He was asked about that and responded that there were 3 parades also going on. So I assume the police department was stretched pretty thin.

11. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Well, I've already sent in my complaint last night not only about CBS's professionalism of the situation but their choice in the repeat. I would have easily loved watching "Sleepless in Miami" again last night.

So, I watched it last night, ( =) Thank you, Canada!!) I pretty much enjoyed it as well. It was nothing like last week's, but it was still a decent episode. I, too, thought it was weird that Ryan pointed out the pregnancy, not to mention the way he came into the scene was a bit odd. However, I loved that he was able to tackle the brother, making up for his stop-slide-fall incident in "Sudden Death."

We saw A LOT more Emily! What a beautiful actress!

I was very surprised to learn about the backgrounds of the reality stars. It truly makes me wonder about these reality shows and how different these people are in life.

Overall, a great episode despite the atrocious setback on behalf of the wonderful CBS network. 8/10.

12. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

well anyone hoping to get into imdb or cbs.com will be disappointed since the video was yanked..no surprise...hoping they'll show it sometime this week and soon..

13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

This just gets better and better.:wtf:
    I'm working right now and had planned to watch the video on CBS when I got home this evening.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Crap! I was just about to go try to watch the episode.

15. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

Wow, this just keeps getting better and better. CBS is, like, sinking themselves with this.