8x02 - 'Hostile Takeover' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

I loved the ending, Ryan's joke about being short. I also like how welcoming they were of Jesse, they made him apart of the team and didn't make him feel left out. It was just a really nice scene

^^ Who they show in promos really doesn't matter much, but considering this is the big intro for Jesse I'm sure he'll have a good bit of the episode.

I can't say I'm too keen on the whole "CSI Miami welcomes Eddie Cibrian to the team" bit in the promo. Subtle introduction my a$$.

Well, what else did you expect, he's the new guy, obviously they are gonna give him an intro episode.

To be perfectly honest, technically his character intro was done in the first episode of the season and that was actually a subtle introduction since his character wasn't some all special unique guy who can do everything perfectly and not everything was focused on how great Jesse is, he was just a nice normal cop who was very sweet and kind. It is quite obvious that for an official-present-day intro, they would have to give him the focus for this one episode, it is hardly wrong, all new characters deserves at least one starring episode, at least give the audience something about the new guy. And there is nothing with the team welcoming him to the family, I mean, what are they gonna do? Shove him into some dark corner and pretend he doesn't exist?

Oh well, I guess we all just have different feelings......I am personally looking forward to new refreshing changes, and I have to thank Eddie Cibrian for making me a CSI:Miami viewer.:cool:

This episode was mainly focused on Horatio and Jesse, hopefully in the upcoming episodes more of the cast gets an equal amount of screentime.

It was nice seeing Dave again in this episode, Travers is mentioned but not shown.

I didn't get that comment either but Ryan said he would drive but wasn't tall enough to reach the pedals. It was just nice seeing everyone kidding around at the end, having a good time

The lab needs better security. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I thought the same thing when I saw how Matthew entered the building with a gun.

I really liked this episode tonight. Surprisingly Jesse is growing on me. The first half hour was so dramatic and kept me glued to the TV. The guy that played Matthew is a phenomenal actor. I think that was a good pick on TPTB casting.

I really liked the ending when they all got together for the drink also.

No Eric makes me sad, though..

Lets see what next week has to offer...

riginally Posted by Colonel Worf
The lab needs better security. This is absolutely ridiculous.
I totally agree. How did he get past security with the gun...that could've been much more realistic!!

CSI: Miami is off to rocking start. IF the rest of CSI: Miami's season 8 is like the first 2 episodes of it, CSI: NY is gonna get clobbered and end up back where it started...as my second favorite CSI show.
:eek: :wtf: Stetler is now a Lieutenant?!?!?! Oh no. Just when I was getting over hating him. Oh well. Could be worse...he could've joined Horatio's team. Can you imagine Horatio and Stetler working together? I know I can't.
:guffaw: :guffaw: I love Ryan's joke at the end but I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen the episode yet. It's a little after 10 pm here in Alabama. I can't wait for a little after midnight here in Alabama so I can watch this episode again on ON DEMAND.
I give this episode one BIG, fat, juicy, read it and weep, eat your heart out CSI: NY A+. <--That last sentence you can quote me on. :hugegrin:

Last edited:
I really am liking Jesse cop guy-he's growing on me alright...seems like H and him are still comfortable. close buds so maybe they been emailing each other for the last 12 years?haha Liked the episode alot and loved the HT actor-he was once on GH soap and he's really talented...liked seeing lab tech guy working w/H-long hair guy? alas am still sadly missing any mention of Kyle..oh well, guess H isn't daddy H no more just Lt working the cases and no mention of family...at least we finally got a team moment off hours all joking and glad to have survived another day and solved another case..cool..

Liked Ryan's comment at the end

I miss my Eric...sniff, sniff

I agree with Natalia (which I dont say all the time) Calleigh should have been with Eric

I can't bring myself to like Jesse, sorry guys, guess I am still bitter

Sorry about info on HT-guy is from ER- Dr.Michael Gallant NOT from soap opera GH..and Eric must have doing much better or his parents are staying w/him? didn't catch any mention of him or did I miss something? kids here too noisy maybe I better watch CSIM on the computer w/headphones at midnight w/little interferences...haha

I thought the screentime was pretty decent. Much better for Frank, Nat and Ryan than we've seen before. :lol: Definitely much better than the premiere (not that that was hard- at least they got to talk). :lol: And Ryan got the last word. :lol: Now having seen the episode, I feel better about the short joke. I think Ryan was referring to the fact that Jesse alluded that he was the new guy since Jesse was there a long time ago. Though technically, Nat would be because she came there after Ryan. Anyway, it was cute. Ryan probably just realizes that he's the youngest member of the team still even though theres a new guy. :lol: Well, maybe the new new guy will be younger than Ryan. :lol: Oh and the Ryan wink made an appearance when he said "the new guy pays". :lol:

Loved how much screentime Dave got though.

I wrote a full review and I'll post it later. :)

Funniest lines were of course Ryan's line at the end and Frank's "That money isn't worth the lint in my pocket." :guffaw: Good one, Frank!

The whole thing where the HT taped Jesse's mouth and disguised him as himself with the gun taped to his hands was kind of stolen from the episode of CSI NY where Danny and Adam were beaten up by those Irish mob guys and two or three cops they had taken hostage or security guards/armour car drivers, whatever they were... anyway the Irish mob guys did the same thing to them, putting the ski masks over their faces.

I am totally enjoying CSI:Miami right now, and I just adore Jesse Cardoza!!!!! What a dreamboat!!! A California dreamboat to be precise! LOL!:lol:

It's never easy integrating new members into an already well-organized team, but Jesse's entrance was handled brilliantly!! He wasn't portrayed as some superhero who can always save the day, instead, he's just a decent good cop who is doing his job. He wasn't trying to steal anyone else's spotlight, instead he was a team player who didn't mind just helping out others. I thought Eddie Cibrian did a wonderful job with his new character!!! I was certainly impressed!! :bolian:

I'm actually quite glad that the hostage takeover only lasted about half the episode, at least no one can complain this whole episode was devoted to new guy being the center of attention, even though he really wasn't. And it was nice to see a much more balanced cast screetime, no one's hiding in the broom closet this time!:p

The rest of the cast did a wonderful job. Rex was sarcastic as always as Frank, Jon was in fine form as Ryan, Eva looked dashing in this episode and I just love seeing Natalia and her geeky side, and Emily was simply phenomenal in all that she does, can I just say that she's absolutely adorable! And of course, the big man himself, David Caruso has been putting in great performances lately, Horatio is in his zone when he's trying to save and help people!

If there was one thing that stood out to me in this episode, is that I love the easy-going chemistry Jesse and Horatio has. There is a strong connection between the two, and those moments during the hostage crisis really made that bond shine! The way that they only need to look at each other to know how to react to the situation at hand speaks to a strong friendship despite being apart in different places for the last 12 years. They work very well together! And I wanna see more of that friendship!!

All in all, Miami was a sure success tonight! And I found the episode incredibly enjoyable!!! Definitely 5 out of 5 for me! I may even put in an extra point just for that brief moment of Jesse shirtless.....:drool:.....welll, what can I say.....I am a woman after all....:rommie:

The whole thing where the HT taped Jesse's mouth and disguised him as himself with the gun taped to his hands was kind of stolen from the episode of CSI NY where Danny and Adam were beaten up by those Irish mob guys and two or three cops they had taken hostage or security guards/armour car drivers, whatever they were... anyway the Irish mob guys did the same thing to them, putting the ski masks over their faces.

Well, to be honest, they are sister shows, it is hardly stealing ideas when they are pretty much run by the same people. Shows and their spin-offs often share similar ideas and storylines, doesn't mean it's wrong or stolen. And I'm sure that idea from CSI:NY probably came from real life situations or some other TV show, heck, that exact same type of thing was also used in the Dark Knight movie.

This is a very common idea, can't really consider it stealing when it's pretty much common knowledge.

He's definitely nice to look at as are our other guys. :) And yeah, I like Jesse. He was very easy going. I loved the last scene where he told Ryan technically he was there before him, but he'd pay anyway. :lol: Cute! I can see these two being friends. Hopefully that'll happen.

I just :adore: Dave. He's such a cutie. :)

Jesse wasn't shirtless very long before someone brought him another t-shirt. Where the heck did that other tee come from? They just keep extra tees around the lab in random places? :lol: The new shirt was black I think, but I found myself wondering what the color of the shirt he was originally wearing was. I cannot remember for some dumb reason. :lol: Anyone else remember?

I really liked when Jesse said "Put the gun down! Look at her, she's scared!" and when he told HT that he would leave the building in a body bag if he killed anyone. I thought Eddie's delivery of those lines in particular was very well done. :)

He's definitely nice to look at as are our other guys. :) And yeah, I like Jesse. He was very easy going. I loved the last scene where he told Ryan technically he was there before him, but he'd pay anyway. :lol: Cute! I can see these two being friends. Hopefully that'll happen.

I just :adore: Dave. He's such a cutie. :)

Jesse wasn't shirtless very long before someone brought him another t-shirt. Where the heck did that other tee come from? They just keep extra tees around the lab in random places? :lol: The new shirt was black I think, but I found myself wondering what the color of the shirt he was originally wearing was. I cannot remember for some dumb reason. :lol: Anyone else remember?

I really liked when Jesse said "Put the gun down! Look at her, she's scared!" and when he told HT that he would leave the building in a body bag if he killed anyone. I thought Eddie's delivery of those lines in particular was very well done. :)

I think his other shirt was black as well, I remember that's what it looked like when Calleigh and Ryan were looking at the video feed.

lol when Calleigh and Ryan had that still pic of Jesse and the woman on their computer screen, for a second I thought they had hit pause while watching the episode's trailer or something like that since the trailer had that exact same moment...LOL!:lol:

And I agree, I think Eddie delivered his line very well! I'm impressed!:cool:

I'm not quite sold on Jessie yet, but I do agree that he did a great job. The entire epi was great and full a drama, I wasn't bored. I did like the TEAM at the end, I don't remember seeing them out for drinks after work before.

Back