8x02 - 'Hostile Takeover' **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Sep 25, 2009.

1. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

(Futon Critic)

Promo (Thanks mjszud)

CSI: MIAMI
    Air Date: Monday, September 28, 2009
    Time Slot: 10:00 PM-11:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#802) "Hostile Takeover"

WHEN THE LAB IS ATTACKED, HORATIO MUST FULFILL A GUNMAN'S UNIQUE REQUEST IN ORDER TO SAVE FIVE HOSTAGES, INCLUDING NEW CSI JESSE CARDOZA, ON "CSI: MIAMI," MONDAY, SEPT. 28

"Hostile Takeover" - When the lab is attacked, Horatio must fulfill a gunman's unique request in order to save five hostages, including new CSI Jesse Cardoza, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, Sept. 28 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Horatio Caine............................. David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne....................... Emily Procter
    Jesse Cardoza............................ Eddie Cibrian
    Ryan Wolfe............................... Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp................................ Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista........................... Eva La Rue

RECURRING CAST:
    Rick Stetler............................ David Lee Smith
    Dave Benton............................... Wes Ramsey

GUEST CAST:
    Mathew Sloan.............................. Sharif Atkins
    Tanya Arrington......................... Latarsha Rose
    Lloyd Arrington............................ Robert Gant
    Danielle Hansen........ Monique Gabriela Curnen
    Darren Ripley............................. Rick Hoffman
    Jason Sloan............................. Scotty Noyd Jr.
    Reporter..................................... Judy Echavez
    Sara Clark.................................... Desiree Hall
    Ben Perkins....................................... Ary Katz
    Uniform MDPD.............................. Ron Rogge

WRITTEN BY Corey Evett & Matt Partney
    DIRECTED BY: Allison Liddi
    RATING: To Be Announced

Last edited: Sep 26, 2009
  2. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

Just one question, why isn't Eric listed as a series regular in the spoiler? He's still got a few more episodes to go before he leaves for good.

3. Wolfsong

Wolfsong Witness

I don't know for a fact or anything, but my guess is that he will still be in the hospital or something.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

he's not in this episode I don't think. I think Nat gets a call from him asking how everyone is after the hostage thing. But, I'm not sure we'll actually see or hear him.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  5. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

When sides first came out for this episode back in July, I thought Eric had died :(

6. FieldMouse

FieldMouse Hub Master Moderator

Just a quick reminder to everyone that reference to and discussion of sides is not allowed in this forum. Please refer to the Spoiler Rules at the beginning of the Spoiler thread.

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Actually the writers wrote that he WAS supposed to be dead in the premiere that's how much they didn't know about some contract stuff they had to sort out....he's still going stong, I Can Do Bad, new music video and everything

On topic! I hope this episode tmr is intriguing cuz I've alwasy wanted something to terrorize the lab...anybody wonder why only Jesse, H and the crazy guy is in the promo...barely any Calleigh and no Nat or Wolfe...this is bad already:(

8. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ Who they show in promos really doesn't matter much, but considering this is the big intro for Jesse I'm sure he'll have a good bit of the episode.

I can't say I'm too keen on the whole "CSI Miami welcomes Eddie Cibrian to the team" bit in the promo. Subtle introduction my a$$.

9. slower

slower Lab Technician

Thank you!! I thought I was the only one feeling this about the promos.

Is this going to be an introduction to Eddie season? :(

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That is my biggest fear; all Jesse all the time :((it seems he is going to be featured, from everything I read 8.03-with Cheyl Ladd). I thought the promo was pretty pomp and circumstances for someone who alot of us have hardly heard of. There are still quite a few episodes left and hopefully everyone will get a chance at good story arcs (trying SO hard to be positive)

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

interested to see how this one turns out tonight....

12. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I hope Ryan finally say something and he would in this ep more then one or two scenes. He deserve better and i hope it's start from this season. *trying to be optimistic with MiamiWolfe*

13. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Let's keep our fingers (and toes) crossed:)

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Not a bad episode, it was a good twist finding out what Matthew really wanted, it's a shame how far he had to go to prove his innocence.

Calleigh and Natalia discussed Eric, apparently Calleigh and Eric can have no contact with each other until the investigation is complete.

Ryan, Tripp and Natalia need more airtime. Out of the three, it is Natalia who is hardly seen! When Ryan said he would take someone along with him to check out the van, I thought Natalia would come along but he was shown alone

Stetler was on for the first half, I understand he is doing his job but I didn't agree with his ways of doing things compared to H. He can be quite stubborn.

The ending was nice, seeing the team together having a good time after a tough day at work.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2009
  15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just finished the episode so I thought I'd post my initial thoughts. :)

How many times are they going to recycle the guy who played Bruno Gomes in season 2's 'Bait'? :p First season 2, then during 'Manhattan Manhunt' and now this episode. I do adore the actor and he did a fantastic job but yeesh. lol.

There was a little bit of everybody (save for Eric of course) during the episode, which was nice. I'm quite enjoying Jesse. :p He did get a bunch of screentime but that's not unexpected as he's new but I didn't feel it overtook the show.

Stetler's a Lieutenant! Yay. Too bad he wasn't there too much but it was nice to see him again.

This episode seemed to be about the victims/suspects which was great -- I finally didn't forget who any of the players were.

Horatio got to speak to a kid! Yay. :D Some of his best scenes have been with children so this was a treat. Also, I saw some of the old Horatio peeking through which was great and hopefully we see more glimpses of this during the rest of the season.

The case was interesting and kept me guessing the whole way through; there were a lot of twists and turns. There was also a lot of CSI work going on and barely any personal drama so kudos for that. :p

Oh and is it just me or did Horatio's shades change...shade? They appeared red at the end.

Liked seeing the whole team at the end of the episode hanging out for drinks. :D

Great episode overall.