"19 Down..." Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

well, except for the fact we didn't get Nick and Greg's scenes with Grissom (but I do think we will see them in the next episode, after all it's a two-parter, so it'd be strange if all people said farewell already) and although I hoped for a 'bigger' promotion scene (maybe sth similar to Who shot Sherlock?) I really enjoyed the episode :)

I'm thrilled Cath will be a supervisor and LF's character will be 'demoted' in a way (can't wait to see how it will play out :)) I really liked the way Raymond talked with Brass, they gonna have an interesting dynamics :)

I also think that either next victims or an accomplice (or all of them) attended the seminar, which was in itself super-creepy - kudos to the actor who played DJK killer

Overall, I'm really interested in seeing the next part, but that 15 January totally depressed me, I was hoping to see the resolution in a week :(:( how am I supposed to wait???

2. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I really liked this episode....a lot. It felt like old school CSI even without Sara and Warrick.

Was I the only one that thought Grissom looked old and kind of worn out? Having said that, his mood in general seemed lighter in contrast to his appearance. It was as if, now that the decision had been made to move on, a burden had been lifted.

I liked all the little good bye scenes that everyone got. I can totally see Hodges being all sulky and snotty...like a lover spurned. *snerk*

But what happened to Grissom's "very special moment" with Greg and Nick? They better get their turns in the next new episode which is not until.....Jan 15?!?!?! :eek:

SO not fair. :(

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I'm thinking that the information we got this summer about Wendy becoming a regular might have been false since she clearly has not been on that much this season. Plus the spoiler that said she would train to be a CSI, that also seems to have been false.

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

CSI4LF while your post [referring to Catherine as a bitch] might not have been an intent to bash, what I believe happyharper was referring to is the Board rule see Show Criticism.
    This was un-necessary and inappoperiate not to mention borders flaming someone (see the rule link above) which will not be tolerated.

Fineally both of you clashed on this, giving ones opinion regarding an actor/actress OR character should be done respectfully, and instead of asking the person to clairfy what they meant, the gun was jumped and you both got defensive and the outcome was a waste of time and energy on your parts. At this point I am not going to issue a warning to anyone because I have read both posts and honestly I think it just got out of hand, so lets consider this a friendly reminder a good talking to and move on. If that can not be done then I will give one if I have too.

5. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

WOW....9x9....I don't even know where to start.

Poor Hodges...he took Grissom leaving pretty hard, although I don't think it's fully set in yet. But I think he took it htat way cos his relationship with Grissom (actually, Wallace said this in an interview once) is Hero worship...plus they are good friends.
    It was horrendously hard hearing Gil say "But I'll miss you" to David in the morgue...They BOTH cried on that one, and I have never seen David cry, so naturally I'm in TEARS at that point.

happyharper13: I thought that EXACT same thing, too! I think Gil just had to think up something fast, in order for the guy to not suspect anything more than an interested professor, who could learn from him in a sick, twisted way....Yeah...but I think that question even caught Gil off guard...But very good observation. I also think Gil was the calmest out of the bunch; save for Langston. If I were a student in that class, I'd be shaken up

It was hard and painful, but it certianly shined. I love how Brass brought up Gil leaving "So, I hear you're movin' on?" so kind of casual and care-free, even though I'm sure he's gonna show some emotion in 9x10. Congratulations CSI cast, ya'll made me CRY!

xoxo

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i have to say the episode was excellent though it had its flaws, at least in my opinion. first, the music background work was exceptional. the episode overally reminded me of the old days. i think it was on purpose to show that there is continuity and that there are some things that didn't change even since the first season (assignment slips, Grissom finally got to work with bugs and pronounce their latin names again, do his crosswords, wear his hat, CSI's got to go out of town which reminded me of Identity Crisis, etc.)

i loved the beginning sequence showing the decomp process, i enjoyed Grissom being an undercover cop, and the whole idea of Langston's lecture and the live feed conversation with the killer. it was creepy and it felt like new classic CSI moments are happening.

loved Grissom's interaction with everybody, it was all very true to his character. my favorite has to be his conversation with Super Dave. ;) and also, we now have definite evidence that, yes, Hodges has a big fat mancrush on Grissom. lol

the only compain i have about this episode is that the plot was a bit too complicated. i kind of daydreamed for a few minutes and after that i was lost. there were too many corpses, too many killers, too many names in general, and the fact that the case from an earlier episode was linked to it, didn't make it easier for me to understand. in the end i think i got the main idea but i'm gonna have to rewatch that episode to get all the technical stuff in.

ETA: forgot to add that Ray Langston's name awfully reminds me of Robert Langdon.

7. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

My apologies...I am a veteran of message boards and am guilty of making assumptions. I forgot...nae ...neglected to read the rules and inadvertently crossed a line. Won't happen again and thanks for the understanding. My skin should be thicker by now as I've encountered all kinds out there. Well handled H&D and once again, my apologies.

8. Destiny

Thank you, look you can spend years on all kinds of message boards and still get that tingle of a newbie every once in a while, thats not unusal, but if you (or anyone else) feels that happening sit back, don't touch the keyboard, breath and then laugh (even if you don't feel like it) just laugh like crazy. Then when your done take a deep breath, re-read the post and see if your point of view (or rush to judgement) is the same as before, I would bet nine times out of ten it won't be. ;)

9. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

someone mentioned earlier..that Griz recognized the body under the bridge. MY thoughts exactly. Was it a suspect from a previous case they had interviewed. Anyone figure this out yet. How about the x-word? Anyone figure out the significance yet. I haven't had a chance to re watch yet and may not...kids have Hockey all weekend. LOL

10. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

LOL....exactly...and it never fails to get a persons hackles up. Part of the problem can also be that people like myself come on strong because we are not new to message boards and make the mistake of not getting a feel of the group your jumping in with. I have done board administration and IMO not taking sides is key. Keep up the good work H&D.

11. Destiny

Thank you, I just have to address one more thing with you, because I am pretty sure your not aware of this, double posting (ie back to back posting is not allowed), you have an edit button that works up to 24 hrs, if no one has posted after you, you can click that and add in what you want to say. If you no longer see the edit button it means the 24 hrs is up and you can post even though no one has posted after you.

Again I figured you were unaware of this and therefore I am not yelling at you for it, but giving you a heads up. If you want to know more and take your time with it, in this forum we have the "Help Guide" which is tacked up, it has a lot of great things that all new folks should know. ;)

12. ali319

ali319 Prime Suspect

I'm betting it's statis. The only cross-word that would be involved that I don't recognize is emse, but it maybe an acronym.

13. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

ok ..will do.....

since I'm posting anyway gonna add another question for those who have re watched yet. Did anyone notice a picture of Sara on Griz's desk? I'm sure it was there before and now it looks like its been moved to the filing cabinet or whatever that wis behind him. Significance?

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

just rewatched the ep and realized what i missed, now everything makes sense. :p

i haven't noticed Sara's picture anywhere in his office before. just curious, what ep was it in and when did you see it in 19 Down?

15. CSI4LF

CSI4LF Victim

I didn't specifically see it in 19 down, just wondered if anyone else had noticed this....and I can't remember the episode I saw it on his desk...it may have been more then one but I'd really have to go back and watch 8 seasons worth..LOL...I actually think the pic was of her and Griz...but it definitely has been moved.

oH and BTW...good catch on the Robert Langdon refrence. Interesting.