"19 Down..." Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#909) "19 Down…"

THE CSI TEAM DISCOVERS A LINK BETWEEN A NEW MURDER AND THE INFAMOUS "DICK & JANE KILLER. - When a new murder leads to a connection with an infamous serial killer, Grissom secretly joins the class of well-known criminal pathologist Dr. Raymond Langston, to gain access to the killer and get a crack in the case. - Grissom announces his retirement, and the rest of the episode focuses on the gang's reaction--Willows knew it was coming before Grissom did, Super Dave cries, etc. Dr. Raymond Langston, in a classroom setting, but Grissom's current investigation and Langston's lesson plan--interviewing a serial killer as an academic exercise--soon intersect. Langston busts Grissom in a lie shortly after they meet, their clash is quickly put aside when the serial killer Langston was interviewing starts spilling secrets about a series of recent homicides taking place in the city.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Gil Grissom: William Petersen
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Dr. Raymond Langston: Laurence Fishburne
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Hodges: Wallace Langham
    Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
    Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

RECURRING CAST:
    Conrad Ecklie: Marc Vann
    Archie Johnson: Archie Kao

GUEST CAST:
    Det. Vartann: Alex Carter
    Mandy Webster: Sheeri Rappaport
    Nathan Haskell: Bill Irwin
    Gerald Tolliver: Brad Carter
    ADA Valerie Nichols: Amy Aquino
    Overcoat Man: Shane Woodson
    Officer Akers: Larry Sullivan
    Det. Ken Martz: Maury Sterling
    Mr. Steiner: Richard Gilliland
    Mrs. Steiner: Caroline Aaron
    Thomas: Jimmi Simpson
    Silvia: Aimee DeShayes
    Car Wash Manager: David H. Lawrence XVII
    Richie: Stephan Sowan
    Donny: Todd Giebenhain
    Student #1: Roy Vongtama
    Dan Forester: Matt O'Leary
    Tiffany Cohen: Mimi Michaels
    Joel Steiner: Josh Jacobson

WRITTEN BY: Naren Shankar and Carol Mendelsohn
    DIRECTED BY: Kenneth Fink

THANKS TO:
    "The Futon Critic"
    "E! Online: Watching With Kristin"

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Really looking forward to this episode. It'll be great to see another new character coming in this season and seeing what he brings to the show.

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I am looking forward to it too. CSI gets some new blood, I am in favor of a change.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

So am I, but I'm skeptical at the same because I don't want to see the show turn entirely the Laurence Fishbourne show. Already he's taken the lead ahead of George Eads which is sad given George has been on the show since its inception.

And I say that with all due respect to LF who I am very happy to see join the show. I have a feeling he'll tie with Catherine as my second favourite character.

5. Toots

Toots Pathologist

From Entertainment Weekly magazine:

The exhaustion in the eyes of Gil Grissom - the bags under the bags - may be fine acting on the part of William Petersen, or it may reveal his true state as his character prepares to wrap up a nine-season run on CSI on Jan 15th. The series has been reviving some of Gil's greatest hits with new cases involving Lady Heather and his insidious nemesis the Miniature Serial Killer, but Gil's (not Petersen's) rhythm has been off. No longer does Grissom approach each maggot-ridden, bloated corpse with the gusto of Sweeney Todd stropping his razor. He just wants out.
    It's a tricky thing to pull off a fan favorite exiting because his heart isn't in it anymore; what heart Grissom had left was stilled by the departure of his colleague/lover Sara (Jorja Fox). But playing tired despair can come across as boredom, something Petersen has mostly avoided. That is, until this week's episode, in which Gil's torpor contrasts with the brisk energy of a new crime-solver, Dr. Raymond Langston (Laurence Fishburne), seen grilling a serial killer and soon to join the team. I'll miss Grissom, but welcome Langston's brusque authority; lotsa possibilities for friction with the prickly CSI crew.
    Many of the regulars get their own scenes with Grissom as he tells of his departure. The most realistic belongs to Paul Guilfoyle's jaded cop Jim Brass. Brass mouths cliches about how they'll have to get together more, go boating, yada. yada. They stare at each other. They know they won't. Grade: B+ By: Ken Tucker

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Still skeptical, but I did like the previews with LF-looks interesting.

7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I like them too. It looks like it will be good. I think I will still enjoy the show with him as the new guy.

I just saw a new promo for this ep during CSI: Miami. It had a few new clips in it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah and it actually showed Greg's face when he said his line. :lol:

9. Dizzney

Yeah I noticed that too. Oh and you get to see Grissom and his famous hat again. :D

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

In the scene where Grissom tells the team he's leaving, did anyone else notice that it looked as if Grissom was wiping away tears as he left the room? Or am I imagining it?

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I actually thought he was rubbing his temple(s). :lol:

12. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

I sincerely hope not. It's like he got hit in head and became anti-Grissom this season.:vulcan:

13. Veze

Veze Rookie

Am I the only one who have noticed that Greg will become a level 3 tonight?

But short celebration.... Grissom drop the bomb about leaving only minutes after (remind me of Nick and the news of Holy's death)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
  14. Dizzney

No you are not. I think we discussed it in the regular spoiler thread before this one was created. I'm just assuming that he has been a level 2 for awhile now but they neglected to tell us.

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Check this out from TVGuide.com

In one part it says that after Grissom announces his leaving one "perturbed co-worker" says "You gotta do what you gotta do. Have a nice life". Boy, I kinda hope that'll be Nick, but I bet it will be Greg. After all, he's been perturbed ever since Sara left.

So let the debate as to who says that begin... :lol: