Michael Jackson

When Michael went through all the horrible stuff, I shut it out because I wanted to protect my childhood memories of him. So I ignored any news story on the case. Now that he's gone, I took some time to read the court files posted on Smoking Gun website and there were more holes in that case than swiss cheese. I can't believe the DA went after him to begin with?

Anyways, that's all said and done if there is any silver lining, it is that Michael Jackson is finally at peace. Finally.

Thankfully, his music will live on, my daughter has taken an interest in it and she loves it!

i'm like that right now with the whole drug thing going on. i refuse to believe that he was so irresponsible to leave mountains of pills around the house where his kids, who he loved dearly, could get them. i also refuse to believe that he took 40 xanax a night, if he did that he'd have died years ago.

i know what you mean about kids liking Michael now. my niece loves him! her favorite is "Beat It", but when she sings it she says "Just so Beat it!" it was funny i was watching "You Rock My World" music video when she came in. she saw him on TV and said, "Hey it's Michael Jackson! i'll sit here and watch'em ok?" it was adorable.

I have been and still am completely heartbroke about MJs passing. It was my birthday the day before on the 24th and I was having a fantastic week. I had been to see Take That in concert in Manchester and I was going again on the Friday (the 26th) and i woke up at the crack of dawn to loads of missed calls and texts on my phone and couldn't believe what I was reading. I turned Sky News on in a mili second.....it didn't register with me for a minute or so then I just collapsed on the bed and weeped. I have never felt so emotional for anyones death like that before. I then had to drag my arse outta my wellowing state and make my way to Manchester to go to Take That again. I was a wreck all day.

The memorial took the biscuit though. I have never cried like that in my life. I couldn't control the tears I went through an entire pack of tissues. I was on holiday in the Canary Islands I went upto my hotel room at 5pm ready to watch it. As soon as Mariah sang the opening line of I'll be There I cried a bucket. Little Paris Jackson was the poignent moment of the memorial though. As Marlon was speaking she was edging nearer and nearer the centre and I was think 'bloody hell she's gonna speak - I just know it' Then when Janey lowered the microphone I couldn't believe my eyes. Bless her heart and soul. I thought the instrumental version of MITM at the end when they took the coffin away was a touching way to end.

I had tickets to go and see Michael in London also. Such a crying shame that he never go to do just ONE show. His kids never get to see his dad in his element on stage.

Nice to see MJ at the top of the UK charts once again though. shame it takes his death to see that happen. This week MJ has 7 out of the Top 10 albums, 3 of those in Top 5 - inc No1 spot. Last week he had 13 songs on the UK Top 4o (highest being MITM at #2) Inclusive of singles and albums MJ has sold over 1.5 million units in the past 3 weeks alone.

My fave MJ songs always get overlooked though. I love Dangerous / History / Will You Be There / They Don't Care About Us. Sick of BJ and Thriller being over played time and time again.

I had tickets to go and see Michael in London also. Such a crying shame that he never go to do just ONE show. His kids never get to see his dad in his element on stage.

Nice to see MJ at the top of the UK charts once again though. shame it takes his death to see that happen. This week MJ has 7 out of the Top 10 albums, 3 of those in Top 5 - inc No1 spot. Last week he had 13 songs on the UK Top 4o (highest being MITM at #2) Inclusive of singles and albums MJ has sold over 1.5 million units in the past 3 weeks alone.

My fave MJ songs always get overlooked though. I love Dangerous / History / Will You Be There / They Don't Care About Us. Sick of BJ and Thriller being over played time and time again.

that's so sad you actually had tickets to go see him! i think it's cool they're playing his songs again but i haven't heard anything on our radio stations. they're just being haters is all...

i feel the same way about his kids. it's sad that they'll never see how awesome he was on stage. i really hope that joe jackson doesn't sink his claws into them..."The Jackson 3" their father isn't even buried yet and he wants to put them through the same hell Michael went through!

ah, "Dangerous" is one of my faves too. i also like "In The Closet". but in his album "Invincible" my top three are "Unbreakable", "Invincible", and "Heartbreaker". it's kinda sad that album didn't get the recognition it deserved...

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure if they were honoring him, or making fun of all the media stuff about him, but last night I saw Green Day in concert. One of their touring members was dressed as Michael from Beat It. And they sang a little bit of "I'll Be There". :)

i don't think that they were making fun. i guess they also recognized that Michael was a great musician.

all i have to say now is that Dr. Conrad Murray is sooo screwed! he should just give up now because it looks pretty clear where the investigation is going...

I still cannot believe he has passed.

What makes it even worse is that the media has not and will not let him rest in peace. That goes for all celebrities. There are always people that have negative things to say about someone when they pass and I think it is disrespectful.

I was wondering if anyone's seen the This Is It movie or heard Michael's new single of the same title?

I've just been listening to the song, his voice is quiet amazing. As for the song itself, it's okay I'm not really wow'd by it but it'll do. Lyrically it's not his greatest work. From what I gather it maybe have been recorded in the 70's or 80's and it seems like it may have been a demo.

Last edited:
I'm a huge fan of MJ, always have been. I'm still so devstated by his death. I loved him so much still do even now. He was one of a kind, with so much talent he didn't deserve to die and to be taken away from his family and his children so soon. He had so much more to give to the world and wanted to do so much more. I also never believed he was anything, but a wonderful father and man. I have so many favorite songs of his, too many to mention, but to sum it up. I'll always be a fan of his and always love him.

Here is some Jackson history coming up in the next few days:

August 11, 1969, 350 special guests were invited to see Motown Records new signings The Jackson Five play at The Daisy Club in Beverly Hills.

August 14, 1985, Michael Jackson outbid Yoko Ono and Paul McCartney to secure the ATV Music Publishing catalogue. At $47.5M he gained the rights to more than 250 songs written by Lennon and McCartney.

August 15, 1987, Michael Jackson had his third UK No.1 with the single ' I Just Can't Stop Loving You', a duet with Siedah Garrett. It was originally intended to be a duet between Jackson and either Barbra Streisand or Whitney Houston. Session singer Siedah Garrett also worked with Madonna.

August 16, 1968, The Jackson Five made their formal debut with Diana Ross and The Supremes at the Great Western Forum, California.

August 20, 1983, The compilation album '18 Greatest Hits' by Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five started a three week run at No.1 on the UK chart.

August 20, 2000, Janet Jackson went to No.1 on the US singles chart with 'Doesn't Really Matter'.

Back